Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't have the UK Ministry covered, and that's the only one anyone cares about. The architecture in the art does look like Paris. I just wouldn't be shocked if that's already been changed.

Late to the party here but it is such and easy transition. You go through the Paris MoM; maybe even seeing the huge glass dome building. As you walk through Paris queue and go to pre-show. the story says we need to get to London for "xyz" and we'll be boarding the "xyz vehicle" to get there.

yada yada yada, we go through a flume, and we're in London.

End of ride, "Thanks! We've got to get you back home." yada yada yada, flume, Paris.

It's magic... literally.

Late to the party here but it is such and easy transition. You go through the Paris MoM; maybe even seeing the huge glass dome building. As you walk through Paris queue and go to pre-show. the story says we need to get to London for "xyz" and we'll be boarding the "xyz vehicle" to get there.

yada yada yada, we go through a flume, and we're in London.

End of ride, "Thanks! We've got to get you back home." yada yada yada, flume, Paris.

It's magic... literally.

Sure. But I think it'd stink not to be able to walk around the London Ministry, as the land looks to be mostly indoors, and the Paris Ministry just doesn't have the character or brand recognition that the London one does.

Sure. But I think it'd stink not to be able to walk around the London Ministry, as the land looks to be mostly indoors, and the Paris Ministry just doesn't have the character or brand recognition that the London one does.

I agree that it'd stink not to be able to walk around London Ministry. But considering FFL being the best location and dead now, that's our best bet. And if the ride is tons of physical props and we're going all through the London Ministry with details galore, that's not a terrible concession to make while still getting another country (France) and everything that would allow for without being redundant w/ USF.

It's also entirely possible, though improbable and depending on how crazy UC wants to get, to have us start in France, go to London for the ride, and exit the ride in London's MoM. Then we have a few MoM rooms post-ride (incl a store?) and finally exit through a flume "platform 9 3/4 like experience" to exit the area itself and are back into France.
Maybe this is their first "post-queue" experience to be "innovative". They could easily market it that way. "Even after concluding the ride, the experience isn't finished..."

Whatever they do with Potter though, it'll be incredible and the right decision.
They're 3/3 with a 100% success rate.

Personally, I think a Paris MoM allows UC to flex their imagination a little more creatively. London's MoM is more restrictive due to the novels and movies already dictating a lot of the look. Paris would offer a bit of a blank slate.

At the same time... I'd love to see London's main atrium come to life.

It's also entirely possible, though improbable and depending on how crazy UC wants to get, to have us start in France, go to London for the ride, and exit the ride in London's MoM. Then we have a few MoM rooms post-ride (incl a store?) and finally exit through a flume "platform 9 3/4 like experience" to exit the area itself and are back into France.
Maybe this is their first "post-queue" experience to be "innovative". They could easily market it that way. "Even after concluding the ride, the experience isn't finished..."

That would be better, but at that point why even bother with the Paris stuff at all? :lol:

I think the success of WW is that it recreates places people have always wanted to see. I would just hope that is kept up.

I want Paris as the location, so it's a new cityscape we haven't seen from Universal Orlando.

And one of the rides should literally take us through every single Ministry/Congress from the new film series, all on one ride. Floo us from country to country, and have us on a different mission/objective in each one, each with their own challenges and bad guys, (and beasts). A "best of" ride like Forbidden Journey, but for Fantastic Beasts, which takes place not all in one county, but five countries. So, we go to five ministries. One ride.

My hope.

I want Paris as the location, so it's a new cityscape we haven't seen from Universal Orlando.

And one of the rides should literally take us through every single Ministry/Congress from the new film series, all on one ride. Floo us from country to country, and have us on a different mission/objective in each one, each with their own challenges and bad guys, (and beasts). A "best of" ride like Forbidden Journey, but for Fantastic Beasts, which takes place not all in one county, but five countries. So, we go to five ministries. One ride.

My hope.
See this just sounds like a complete home run to me. We also don't know if FB is going to visit London either, so that may be in the cards for a future FB film as well. Then we all win!

My hope.
I was just about to write the same thing. Paris is a beautiful location I would love see come to life and having ride like that would satisfy a lot of fans.

My hope.

For it to be the best of, wouldn't it have to feature more than one location from a good movie or story!? :tease:

Yates didn't start until Order of the Phoenix.

If they are, that hasn't been announced.

'Fantastic Beasts 3' release date set for November 2021, production moving to 2020

EDIT:
You are right about Yates. I meant to write after the fourth movie. My bad. Also. Steve Kloves was said to return for FB3 , but I guess I was wrong in returning in his role as writer. IMDB has him as producer. I stand corrected.

This is just flat out wrong. From several epic battles, to memorable moments, to a whole infiltration scene the Ministry if vital to the series. The Ministry features as much if not more than the other locations you listed. To pretend otherwise is just wrong.

I have to disagree with ya'll about the ministry. The trial scenes in the ministry didn't really do much for the books. The battle in the ministry and where Sirius dies is the only thing worth mentioning, which is why I said barely. How would you do ride on that since the actors do not want to return to be part of any more rides. Without the characters from the original movies, the London ministry is boring. Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson want to separate themselves from Harry Potter. Putting the new FB characters in the ministry of London just devalues anything special that would have come from that battle in the ministry in the harry potter series.

Plus, it would be easier for them to film stuff for the rides with the new movies.

I don't know all the backstory... where are the 5 MOM locations or are they believed to be represented in most major cities?

Let's face it, if Fantastic Beasts 3 is good none of this speculation will matter anyways. And that's why I don't think Universal knows what Ministry it will be based on yet, either. If FB3 is good and makes a decent amount of money, we'll see it here. If not, it's going to be the British Ministry with some FB influences.

I have to disagree with ya'll about the ministry. The trial scenes in the ministry didn't really do much for the books. The battle in the ministry and where Sirius dies is the only thing worth mentioning, which is why I said barely. How would you do ride on that since the actors do not want to return to be part of any more rides. Without the characters from the original movies, the London ministry is boring. Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson want to separate themselves from Harry Potter. Putting the new FB characters in the ministry of London just devalues anything special that would have come from that battle in the ministry in the harry potter series.

Plus, it would be easier for them to film stuff for the rides with the new movies.

I'd rather have a character-less exploration of the Department of Mysteries, maybe where you're attacked by Death Eaters, rather than anything to do with the Fantastic Beasts "characters".

So yeah, late to that party, but I have seen an interesting trend. And I will preface this by saying it's not my intention to call anyone out or start any kind of conflict, I only want to point something out I find perplexing. On the subject of Fantastic Beasts, I see a lot of posters pointing to the last film and the fact that the series popularity pales to the main series popularity as reasons why the series shouldn't be used as extensively. Fair enough I guess. What is getting me is these are the same posters I have seen time and time again argue that at the IP shouldn't really matter as long the land and attractions are well done. Am I the only one who has noticed the disconnect in these opposing arguements?

So yeah, late to that party, but I have seen an interesting trend. And I will preface this by saying it's not my intention to call anyone out or start any kind of conflict, I only want to point something out I find perplexing. On the subject of Fantastic Beasts, I see a lot of posters pointing to the last film and the fact that the series popularity pales to the main series popularity as reasons why the series shouldn't be used as extensively. Fair enough I guess. What is getting me is these are the same posters I have seen time and time again argue that at the IP shouldn't really matter as long the land and attractions are well done. Am I the only one who has noticed the disconnect in these opposing arguements?

I've said many times in this thread that I'm sure whatever they do for Potter will be great. I also happen to think that if this land will be the only Ministry of Magic that gets built at UOR (which seems likely), that it would be a huge mistake *not* to base it off the one most people actually want to see. It will be great and people will like it either way, but it will definitely resonate with fans more if it's the one most of them care about.

Like, to me this would be like basing Nintendoland's Mario section after Super Mario Sunshine. Sure, people will like it, it would still be good, but a prevailing reaction would still probably be, "Why the heck did they pick *this one* for the focus?"

I've said many times in this thread that I'm sure whatever they do for Potter will be great. I also happen to think that if this land will be the only Ministry of Magic that gets built at UOR (which seems likely), that it would be a huge mistake *not* to base it off the one most people actually want to see. It will be great and people will like it either way, but it will definitely resonate with fans more if it's the one most of them care about.

Like, to me this would be like basing Nintendoland's Mario section after Super Mario Sunshine. Sure, people will like it, it would still be good, but a prevailing reaction would still probably be, "Why the heck did they pick *this one* for the focus?"

Not the best comparison, given that Super Nintendo World doesn't seem to be based on any of the games at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.