Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this just sounds like a complete home run to me. We also don't know if FB is going to visit London either, so that may be in the cards for a future FB film as well. Then we all win!
They literally started the second FB film in the London Ministry. Glad to see the movie grabbed everyone’s attention....

The Paris ministry is bland. The franchise is reviled. This discussion is comical. I sincerely hope that cooler heads prevail. Galaxy’s Edge would have nothing on the major whiff that would be the Paris MoM. Yeesh!

Yeah to comment on this: I'm not saying they would never do Fantastic Beasts period, I was mostly responding to the absurd notion that the land would be based almost entirely around the second film, which WB (who's handling the rights) knows was an absolute trainwreck. It's likely if this includes FB characters, it's much, much more general. And there's no way in hell Johnny Depp is going to appear either.

I think even Uni and WB would talk JK out of a land that primarily focuses on CoG.

I think Universal has a wait and see regarding Super Nintendo World expansions. EU will get the biggest version and there could come a lot more but I'm sure they wait and see if it is succesful.
Fantastic Beasts merch and Wizarding World lands already proved themselves. Even if the FB expansion only focuses on magic and the beasts the movies will just provide the backdrop.
A new ip could be Dolittle. I read somewhere that UC was somehow involved with the movie, so when it's a success Universal could quickly act on it. I loved the 1967 movie, I trow up in my mouth with the 1988 version so lets hope for the best.
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fscottmendelson%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F03%2FDZUJfWKU0AAT96G-1200x1200.jpg

This new park design almost reminds me of an outdoor shopping mall in the way that you can sort of pick and choose where you want to go without traversing the entire park. It looks like a "relaxed" park.....which is one of my favorite things about Universal properties. I feel like an adult at Universal......not a child being told what to do....when to do....and how to do.....yes, I'm looking at you Disney.

Yeah to comment on this: I'm not saying they would never do Fantastic Beasts period, I was mostly responding to the absurd notion that the land would be based almost entirely around the second film, which WB (who's handling the rights) knows was an absolute trainwreck. It's likely if this includes FB characters, it's much, much more general. And there's no way in hell Johnny Depp is going to appear either.

I think even Uni and WB would talk JK out of a land that primarily focuses on CoG.
Just like the WWoHP at USF and IOA are not one specific movie... I think it'll be the same.

I don't see any issues with Newt or Dumbledore being the leads on a ride. I think Grindelwald could make a brief appearance but I doubt he'd headline an attraction (unless something changes).

I actually really like @Alicia's floo ride idea, which would bring guests around the world. Makes sense for Fantastic Beasts, since each of them is in a different country.

As an FYI to everyone, Fantastic Beasts 3 is rumored to be released in 2021 and take place in Rio de Janeiro in the 1930s. It could look something like this:

Last edited:
Id think if this does open in 2023, we get a land per year reveal. Nintendo in 2020, FB in 2021, HTTYD in 2022, and Monsters announced along with HTTYD or announced with the official opening date. Easy way to build up hype and marketing.

I know I'm kind of late to the party here, but I'm still confused as to why people have any belief that a FB land wouldn't be extremely successful in the park. Whether the 2nd movie was panned or not, if you think a HP fan isn't going to jump to see a bunch of Magical Creatures you're wrong. I personally would take a journey through Newt's suitcase over MoM any day. And it's likely that we could get both.

If Universal is planning to add a waterpark to this part of the resort, I think it would be great if they went with something like Rulantica at Europa Park. For those of you that don’t know about it, it’s a giant indoor water park that’s connected to their Krønasår hotel in theme and proximity, and it allows guests staying at that specific resort early entry into the park. The fact that it’s indoors essentially weather-proofs it. The only thing similar to it in the Orlando region is CoCo Key, and even then, most of the attractions there are outdoors. So I think one here would be a great addition and different enough from Volcano Bay.

I know I'm kind of late to the party here, but I'm still confused as to why people have any belief that a FB land wouldn't be extremely successful in the park.
Potter fans are mixed (at best) on the franchise. The biggest Potter fan I know, absolutely HATES CoG. The general public is indifferent towards it (at best.)

A “billion dollar franchise” means less and less when each Disney film clears a billion easily.

I can’t even imagine the confusion of a Potter fan or average guest being confronted with a random Paris land at the new park. There is zero attachment or familiarity to it. Shoot, MACUSA would at least make sense with possible Ilvermorny merch opportunities. But I think WB/JKR got burned bad with the appropriation indictments.

And then there’s Johnny Depp.

Safe and logical bet is to build the London Ministry, a work of art by Stuart Craig, which bridges the gap of both franchises. It will be beloved by Potter fans and familiar to average guests.

I just don’t see how you dump a cool billion into an entire land based on horribly received movie. Maybe it was the plan a few years ago, but I cannot see how this hasn’t changed since. As has been pointed out, Warner Bros is aware there is a problem and has delayed the films accordingly. If it were anyone but JKR, the franchise would be DEAD.

Potter fans are mixed (at best) on the franchise. The biggest Potter fan I know, absolutely HATES CoG. The general public is indifferent towards it (at best.)

A “billion dollar franchise” means less and less when each Disney film clears a billion easily.

I can’t even imagine the confusion of a Potter fan or average guest being confronted with a random Paris land at the new park. There is zero attachment or familiarity to it. Shoot, MACUSA would at least make sense with possible Ilvermorny merch opportunities. But I think WB/JKR got burned bad with the appropriation indictments.

And then there’s Johnny Depp.

Safe and logical bet is to build the London Ministry, a work of art by Stuart Craig, which bridges the gap of both franchises. It will be beloved by Potter fans and familiar to average guests.

I just don’t see how you dump a cool billion into an entire land based on horribly received movie. Maybe it was the plan a few years ago, but I cannot see how this hasn’t changed since. As has been pointed out, Warner Bros is aware there is a problem and has delayed the films accordingly. If it were anyone but JKR, the franchise would be DEAD.

There was a time everyone loved Johnny Depp... what happened?

The movie still made money, it didn't lose money. It made enough to warrant continuing the franchise ($653,755,901 global). Your point about them realizing there was something wrong is exactly right... They're going to fix it. Two years between now and FB3, plenty of time for them to get this together.

The land almost for sure is not going to be "Fantastic Beasts 2 land", it'll be based on the overall IP, whether or not the outdoor area is Paris. People are focusing too much on #2 and not giving a five movie franchise a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.