Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but I think very few of us are envisioning the same thing you are for this. Do you expect guests to want to walk around and shop/dine here? Keep in mind that the major centerpiece of this area is something reminiscent of the holocaust.

Cherry picking. That statue was only there during Voldemort's reign

And I don't see why people would have a problem shopping and dining there

I just think it's an extremely strange choice to go with a land based off of Paris, which is only in one single movie which was also the least successful entry in the whole franchise, when you could easily do a land that incorporates a huge key aspect of both HP and FB. The general guest will find either stunning, but do you really want to let down the Potter fanbase? The group that's actually interested in spending a wild amount of money on merch, food, etc?

I get your desire of moving to a different country just to freshen it up. I just don't see it making logical sense from a marketing or financial standpoint.
I think you guys keep thinking that it being Paris means this is going to be CoG land and it doesn't... We already have London and NY so Paris makes sense as another new location to visit in the Wizarding World. It makes 0 sense from a marketing or financial standpoint for Uni to say "hey I know we already have Diagon along with every recognizable London location in Potter other than MoM, but here's the same exact thing again because some people have a problem with it being different"

Reactions: jrn14
I mean, there could be any number of reasons why they would go with Paris. Perhaps the ride concepts give them flexablitity with location. Perhaps going with a lesser explored location within the Wizarding World allows the team a little more room to be creative in terms of the land and make there own mark on the Wizarding World. Perhaps it's simply what they were given by WB and JK to work with. Regardless, I think there is enough overall general esthetic to the Wizarding World to go with Paris and still make it obviously take place in the Wizarding World enough to please even die hard Potter fans.

See, but the bold is circling back to my initial point when I joined in on this conversation. That's literally what happened with Galaxy's Edge. Disney got to explore more of the Star Wars universe that was previously untapped and the public didn't like that it didn't feel like the movies. People like familiarity. CoG is the only entry to be rotten on RottenTomatoes (both critic and audience reviews) in the entire franchise. The rest got great scores. I just don't think it's necessarily what people are looking for.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's what JK wants at all. I just don't quite get the obsession with the idea here.

I think you guys keep thinking that it being Paris means this is going to be CoG land and it doesn't... We already have London and NY so Paris makes sense as another new location to visit in the Wizarding World. It makes 0 sense from a marketing or financial standpoint for Uni to say "hey I know we already have Diagon along with every recognizable London location in Potter other than MoM, but here's the same exact thing again because some people have a problem with it being different"

Not necessarily. It's just the only time it's seen in the films at all. Even if it's not a CoG land, it lacks familiarity. It's not what people associate Potter with at all. You're really overestimating how much people would care about London being in two locations when each location features a main aspect of the Potter universe. There's simply nothing key about Paris as of now.

Except...it wouldn't be marketed like that? Like at all? It would be marketed as "Come and finally see the Ministry of Magic!" and everyone would be there.

Hey, what Wizarding World merchandise do you sell in Paris? Do they drink Butterbeer? Does anyone care? Has JKR even thought about it? Crepes!
Universal has taken liberties with these lands ever since Hogsmeade (Ollivanders has a franchised location there). Same could be done with whatever land they add in the future.

And everyone knows the French drink Butter Wine.
Except...it wouldn't be marketed like that? Like at all? It would be marketed as "Come and finally see the Ministry of Magic!" and everyone would be there.
You could do just that with a floo ride idea which has been suggested. And yes that includes a visit to London, the same one you've seen in the movies.

See, but the bold is circling back to my initial point when I joined in on this conversation. That's literally what happened with Galaxy's Edge. Disney got to explore more of the Star Wars universe that was previously untapped and the public didn't like that it didn't feel like the movies. People like familiarity. CoG is the only entry to be rotten on RottenTomatoes (both critic and audience reviews) in the entire franchise. The rest got great scores. I just don't think it's necessarily what people are looking for.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's what JK wants at all. I just don't quite get the obsession with the idea here.

Not necessarily. It's just the only time it's seen in the films at all. Even if it's not a CoG land, it lacks familiarity. It's not what people associate Potter with at all. You're really overestimating how much people would care about London being in two locations when each location features a main aspect of the Potter universe. There's simply nothing key about Paris as of now.

I would counter that with the fact that Galaxy's Edge is the first and only land based in the Star Sars Universe. In Orlando, you already have two lands based on the 2 most iconic locations in the series, so that could lessen or eliminate that sense of disappoint.

Reactions: RFRees
Which is the same way it'd be marketed regardless. "Come see the MoM and nifflers" and the difference between this and SWGE is that Paris is familiar to people... whether it only shows up in one film or not, people know Paris as a recognizable location. The worlds in Star Wars are completely fabricated.

Reactions: RFRees
I just think it's an extremely strange choice to go with a land based off of Paris, which is only in one single movie which was also the least successful entry in the whole franchise, when you could easily do a land that incorporates a huge key aspect of both HP and FB. The general guest will find either stunning, but do you really want to let down the Potter fanbase? The group that's actually interested in spending a wild amount of money on merch, food, etc?

I get your desire of moving to a different country just to freshen it up. I just don't see it making logical sense from a marketing or financial standpoint.

This guy gets it. Sell it to the fans and it can cover both.

Reactions: Tbad556
Which is the same way it'd be marketed regardless. "Come see the MoM and nifflers" and the difference between this and SWGE is that Paris is familiar to people... whether it only shows up in one film or not, people know Paris as a recognizable location. The worlds in Star Wars are completely fabricated.

Except the Paris Ministry isn’t *the* Ministry

Reactions: Tbad556
I would counter that with the fact that Galaxy's Edge is the first and only land based in the Star Sars Universe. In Orlando, you already have two lands based on the 2 most iconic locations in the series, so that could lessen or eliminate that sense of disappoint.
Potentially, but no matter what, you don't want a land to underdeliver. Why risk it when what's likely the last remaining "big location" from the franchise is sitting right there for use?

But... if you're marketing the MoM and it's not the recognizable location from the films, fans would be furious. They were marketed one thing and got something else. Paris may be recognizable, but it doesn't make it recognizable for from within the universe. No one visits Diagon for the London portion of the land even though it's recognizable. They visit the iconic part found beyond the walls.

Seriously guys. Universal is already pulling in the Potter fans in droves with the current two lands. Do you really think those fans are just going to skip "The Wizarding Worlds: Fantastic Beasts" and the new park simply because (if it ends up becoming the case) it's not the "London" Ministry? No, regardless of the location, fans are going to want to feel like they are getting the full Wizarding World experience that Universal has to offer. Some of you are WAY overthinking and over complicating this for reason I can't really grasp

Status
Not open for further replies.