Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ll probably go “Why doesn’t the Ministry look like the one in the movies?” though

You're assuming that nobody saw Fantastic Beasts when that simply isn't true. And besides, who cares? The architecture in Super Nintendo World isn't based on ANY of the video games, but it's still great so nobody will care. It's the same concept here.

Seriously guys. Universal is already pulling in the Potter fans in droves with the current two lands. Do you really think those fans are just going to skip "The Wizarding Worlds: Fantastic Beasts" and the new park simply because (if it ends up becoming the case) it's not the "London" Ministry? No, regardless of the location, fans are going to want to feel like they are getting the full Wizarding World experience that Universal has to offer. Some of you are WAY overthinking and over complicating this for reason I can't really grasp

Sure, but you can lose guests in the blink of an eye with a single mistake. Marketing isn't just getting guests into the gates. If those initial reviews are negative and trash it for not being authentic or having the charm of the first two lands, you can absolutely bet that you'll lose a portion of the market and harm the revisit potential of it all. They'll also be far less likely to invest time in the land or in merch/food/etc if it's not the experience they're looking for.

There are many possibilities for the area, but I doubt anyone is going to walk in here and go "meh"...
View attachment 10455
Definitely not meh, but you'd absolutely hear some disappointment knowing that this means they'd never get to see the London MoM get built.

Or maybe it's still going into Fear Factor where it would make the most thematic and locational sense, instead of them trying to integrate it into a world that's already planned to a different although related IP.
Last I heard, insiders on here were saying that the FFL hopes for MoM are dead.

You're assuming that nobody saw Fantastic Beasts when that simply isn't true.

Far, far less than any Potter movie

And besides, who cares? The architecture in Super Nintendo World isn't based on ANY of the video games, but it's still great so nobody will care. It's the same concept here.

Come oooooon. Everything in Nintendo is very obviously lifted from Nintendo

Reactions: SeventyOne
Far, far less than any Potter movie

Not true. The first film made over 800 million and the second movie made over 600 million. That's not shabby. In comparison, a lot of the main Potter movies made around 800-930 million. That's not that much of a difference. And if you really want to make it a money and audience thing, all of the How to Train Your Dragon movies made less money than the FB franchise (no, I'm not saying that it shouldn't be in this park).

Come oooooon. Everything in Nintendo is very obviously lifted from Nintendo

And everything in this land will be lifted from the entire Potter franchise. That includes Fantastic Beasts. No offense, but I think you're trying to make an argument out of FB because you don't like the movies instead of thinking about it logically.

Not true. The first film made over 800 million and the second movie made over 600 million. That's not shabby. In comparison, a lot of the main Potter movies made around 800-930 million. That's not that much of a difference. And if you really want to make it a money and audience thing, all of the How to Train Your Dragon movies made less money than the FB franchise (no, I'm not saying that it shouldn't be in this park).

Again, CoG was critically panned across the board. HTTYD is widely beloved across the board. The main point should be, whether or not people saw it, people largely didn't like it. Why would you focus on that movie? The first FB movie did fine with reviewers, so it's certaintly not a post-Potter bias or anything either.

And everything in this land will be lifted from the entire Potter franchise. That includes Fantastic Beasts. No offense, but I think you're trying to make an argument out of FB because you don't like the movies instead of thinking about it logically.
Highly immersive lands, with an owner who pushed for high quality, and exceptional e-ticket rides.

It may be lifted, but it needs to have the awe factor which is what you're both missing IMO. A gorgeous land will definitely have charm no matter what, but a gorgeous land isn't getting that same reaction from Potter fans that seeing Hogwarts for the first time or walking through the wall and seeing Diagon has. A new land needs a key recognizable aspect to illicit that same reaction. I'm not sure why everyone likes to ignore this point when I bring it up. I feel like I'm just throwing words out into the void at this point while you guys just rapid fire like posts without having a productive conversation with me.

Took the words right out of my mouth. And people are missing that the First FB was commercially and critically successful, and also that it's likely that the 3 remaining movies will be much better reviewed than the 2nd. Paris does not equate CoG land. It seems to be a distinction that people are having a difficult time with.

Took the words right out of my mouth. And people are missing that the First FB was commercially and critically successful, and also that it's likely that the 3 remaining movies will be much better reviewed than the 2nd. Paris does not equate CoG land. It seems to be a distinction that people are having a difficult time with.
I pointed it out (albeit right before your post :lol:). However, Paris isn't in the first FB movie. It's definitely a risk to assume everything will turn around.

Their status as maligned films means their after-theater lifespan is minuscule compared to the Potter. Think of all those Harry Potter weekends that people have watched over the past 2 decades.

I’m thinking about it logically. Logically, you theme your land off the most popular part of the IP you chose for the land. That would be the real Ministry of Magic, and there’s absolutely no questioning that’s true.

It undeniably would be a CoG Land. Otherwise. What’s the point? Because you want Paris? Go to Epcot!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Their status as maligned films means their after-theater lifespan is minuscule compared to the Potter. Think of all those Harry Potter weekends that people have watched over the past 2 decades.

I’m thinking about it logically. Logically, you theme your land off the most popular part of the IP you chose for the land. That would be the real Ministry of Magic, and there’s absolutely no questioning that’s true.
Except the London MoM isn't the most popular part of the IP that was chosen since the chosen IP is FB, so what now?

Agorgeous land will definitely have charm no matter what, but a gorgeous land isn't getting that same reaction from Potter fans that seeing Hogwarts for the first time or walking through the wall and seeing Diagon has.
A new land needs a key recognizable aspect to illicit that same reaction.
It's impossible.

I'm sorry, but they used Diagon and Hogwarts already. It's impossible to match that, no matter if it's MoM London or what.

It's possible they have you floo into MoM London for the ride, for the queue, and even for part of the land. But this idea that it shouldn't have anything to do with Paris or FB is not sitting right with some of us.

Reactions: Andysol and jrn14
Another thing that people are leaving out of the equation here is the actors. Most of the HP actors refuse to participate in new developments or have grown too old to resemble their old selves. Fantastic Beasts still has actors available.

What if the Fantastic Beasts franchise visited the London location for a movie or two? Would it be okay to base it on FB then?

Another thing that people are leaving out of the equation here is the actors. Most of the HP actors refuse to participate in new developments or have grown too old to resemble their old selves. Fantastic Beasts still has actors available.

What if the Fantastic Beasts franchise visited the London location for a movie or two? Would it be okay to base it on FB then?
Deepfake their faces. :)

JK, you're absolutely right.

I'm excited for some fresh faces anyway. Bring on Dumbledore (Jude Law) and Newt (Eddie Redmayne).

It's impossible.

I'm sorry, but they used Diagon and Hogwarts already. It's impossible to match that, no matter if it's MoM London or what.

It's possible they have you floo into MoM London for the ride, for the queue, and even for part of the land. But this idea that it shouldn't have anything to do with Paris or FB is not sitting right with some of us.

You're telling me that the interior of the MoM would have no awe factor? I honestly don't really have much of a response to that. It was a huuuuuge location for so many big scenes in the books and films. To enter that area and be surrounded by it all in full glory? People would lose it.

I just have yet to see a good reason for Paris being used. Why go there? It's been in one movie. One. There have been 10 films. It's in 1/10 of the franchise. It's such an insignificant part of the franchise that the Potter Wiki was so desperate for content about it, that one of the 6 paragraphs of "History" literally just says that the Daily Prophet once mentioned the temperature there. Repetition isn't the end of the world.

Reactions: Awakening
The simple fact is I think it is a huge mistake if they put the British Ministry in the new park. Fans will be confused as to why there are two Londons. They have the land to do the London Ministry so why not put it where Fear Factor is. Also, the London Ministry plays hardly any role in Fantastic Beasts yet so it really makes no sense to make that represent Fantastic Beasts. Paris or New York make sense. I think based on concept art it will be Paris. I don't think they will want two New York areas in their park, but then again Spiderman hints at it being in New York so maybe it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.