Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except the London MoM isn't the most popular part of the IP that was chosen since the chosen IP is FB, so what now?

It’s the Potter IP. Don’t be pedantic.

Another thing that people are leaving out of the equation here is the actors. Most of the HP actors refuse to participate in new developments or have grown too old to resemble their old selves. Fantastic Beasts still has actors available.

I guarantee you could get Gambon back. Not to mention Fiennes.

What if the Fantastic Beasts franchise visited the London location for a movie or two? Would it be okay to base it on FB then?

I don’t have any issue with them setting it during the FB timeline. My issue is with them setting it in the Paris Ministry, which has no character or importance to the Potter universe.

It would still be a lesser land, since FB is a lesser storyline, but the setting in the real Ministry is what matters

The simple fact is I think it is a huge mistake if they put the British Ministry in the new park. Fans will be confused as to why there are two Londons. They have the land to do the London Ministry so why not put it where Fear Factor is. Also, the London Ministry plays hardly any role in Fantastic Beasts yet so it really makes no sense to make that represent Fantastic Beasts. Paris or New York make sense. I think based on concept art it will be Paris. I don't think they will want two New York areas in their park, but then again Spiderman hints at it being in New York so maybe it's fine.

The general guest would not care. It's not like London in Epic Universe would be using the same facades or area. It's been discussed to death, but no one calls Diagon "London". No one even really thinks much of it. No one would call MoM "London" either. It would commonly be mentioned as the "MoM" or "MoM land".

Except the First movie did well from a critical standpoint and has already been added onto the HP weekends...

Neither Skip or myself have an issue FB being involved and have stated it several times. It's a moot point to mention the first movie if Paris is the discussion anyhow.

You're telling me that the interior of the MoM would have no awe factor? I honestly don't really have much of a response to that. It was a huuuuuge location for so many big scenes in the books and films. To enter that area and be surrounded by it all in full glory? People would lose it.
I never said "no awe factor." And most people who are awed would be awed because, as I mentioned, it's a highly immersive land with an owner who pushes for high quality, with e-ticket rides.

I'm saying that it's impossible trying to match the same awe factor of Hogwarts and Diagon (+Gringotts). The two primary locations have already been used, I don't see MoM London or any other location having near their significance.

Another thing that people are leaving out of the equation here is the actors. Most of the HP actors refuse to participate in new developments or have grown too old to resemble their old selves. Fantastic Beasts still has actors available.

What if the Fantastic Beasts franchise visited the London location for a movie or two? Would it be okay to base it on FB then?
1) you can easily get the adult actors and/or everyone but Radcliffe and Watson

2) the London ministry was literally in FB2, and it’s remarkable that it’s biggest stans have already forgotten.

It bridges both franchises. From there, you can go anywhere but the London location already has a plethora of canonical ties to mine from.

Throw down Dumbledore and I don't think it's going to matter where we are.

Paris makes sense because it's somewhere we haven't been before. Don't attempt to finish an area (eg London) in the new theme park, finish it where it belongs (USF).

I don't see them creating an entire MoM land. It'll get an e ticket ride.

I'm stepping out of this conversation (specifically about FB not being included or the land not being Paris).

Last edited:
Throw down Dumbledore and I don't think it's going to matter where we are.

I want Paris because it's somewhere we haven't been before. I don't see them creating an entire MoM land.

I'm stepping out of this conversation.

We already know MoM won't be the whole land.

On a slightly better topic, how do you get into the MoM from the streets? I remember that you had to go through a telephone booth in the books but that wouldn't work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.