Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not on hold. The entire project was moved to EU
"Hold" maybe is not the correct phrase, but...

It's one ride idea. That doesn't mean they can't do other things for London. They could end up rebooting MoM London with a different ride concept.

Sure, but you can lose guests in the blink of an eye with a single mistake. Marketing isn't just getting guests into the gates. If those initial reviews are negative and trash it for not being authentic or having the charm of the first two lands, you can absolutely bet that you'll lose a portion of the market and harm the revisit potential of it all. They'll also be far less likely to invest time in the land or in merch/food/etc if it's not the experience they're looking for.

Definitely not meh, but you'd absolutely hear some disappointment knowing that this means they'd never get to see the London MoM get built.

Last I heard, insiders on here were saying that the FFL hopes for MoM are dead.

I understand all that. I just think you are TOO stuck on the possibility of ot being an unfamiliar location of the series and linking that directly to bad reviews. Like I mentioned before, Star Wars Galaxy Edge is the first time ever fans have an opportunity to immerse themselves in that world, so its completely understandable that some are upset its isn't a location pulled from the series (and I say some, as I'm not 100% sure this isn't a situation of the internet allowing a vocal minority to appear the majority, as is often these days.) This new land will be part of a resort that has not one, but TWO lands to immerse themselves in the world, and has been allowing them to do so for a long time now. A new land with newer locations that subliments already beloved lands pulled from the series is not in any way shape of form a good comparison. And at that point, the measure of success or failure of the land in the eyes of the guests would more likely be if Universal's newer location measures up in terms of themeing and immersion to equal the magic they felt in Hogsemeade and Diagon Alley... and with JK Rowling and WB ever watchful, that is VERY doubtful.

Again, everyone is missing why Diagon and Hogsmeade are successful. It’s okay, Disney totally misunderstood too, so you are not alone.

And I can't help but feel like you misunderstood as well. The success of The Wizarding World is in the immersive lands that take you to beloved locations in the series, yes this is true. But another big factor to the success is how the lands seamlessly connect allowing for guests to immerse themselves completely in the Wizarding World with little need to step outside it. To move London's Ministry to the new park, you in essence shatter a guests ability to do so, and in turn you sacrifice one of the truly unique things the land has going for it in forcing the guests to break their immersion to truly enjoy everything Potter.

Q&A: The history of Universal’s Islands of Adventure from concept to opening day - Orlando Rising
I know it’s not likely but if it was things could drastically change with the concept art just like what happened to IOA not classic rides ok I’ll get over that. But when IOA was first announced they had plans for a DC cartoon world then got canceled. Ok I already brought this up but here is the real link for it. You never know if these plans could be changed from now till 2022-2023 a lot can happen from now till then. What makes you think these concept art plans are officially locked and won’t change this time? Yes a park name title is announced but nothing else has been officially announced like lands, rides, shows.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It really isn't though. I mean, it was literally one of Universal's selling points when Diagon Alley opened.
No, it's a huge stretch to say people wouldn't be fully immersed with a Ministry of Magic land in EU. Like, come on. You actually think people wouldn't be immersed? Because they'd have to go to a third park? Even though they already have to go to 2?

No, it's a huge stretch to say people wouldn't be fully immersed with a Ministry of Magic land in EU. Like, come on. You actually think people wouldn't be immersed? Because they'd have to go to a third park? Even though they already have to go to 2?

That's not what I said at all, you clearly mistook my meaning. I have no doubt they would be immersed in the Ministry of Magic. What I was saying is that as it stands now, you can literally experience all of the Wizarding World at Universal and IOA without ever once pulling yourself out of that immersion. The Hogwarts Express transportation between the two worlds insures that. That is one of the big successes of The Wizarding World. To then have to pull yourself out of that immersion by way of leaving the parks, traveling miles to the southern half of the resort to then go to a land that is based in an area already (London) represented in the original Wizarding Worlds.... That is what I am talking about

That's not what I said at all, you clearly mistook my meaning. I have no doubt they would be immersed in the Ministry of Magic. What I was saying is that as it stands now, you can literally experience all of the Wizarding World at Universal and IOA without ever once pulling yourself out of that immersion. The Hogwarts Express transportation between the two worlds insures that. That is one of the big successes of The Wizarding World. To then have to pull yourself out of that immersion by way of leaving the parks, traveling miles to the southern half of the resort to then go to a land that is based in an area already (London) represented in the original Wizarding Worlds.... That is what I am talking about
This is precisely why I think it'd be smarter to do MoM at studios and keep FB at EU. But it is what it is.

Is it just me, or does the dueling coaster station look way too big to just be a station? It looks to be about the size of the Mario Kart building (but longer). Is there another attraction in there?

Reactions: richjagr
Is it just me, or does the dueling coaster station look way too big to just be a station? It looks to be about the size of the Mario Kart building (but longer). Is there another attraction in there?

Just spitballing, but perhaps it's as long as it is to allow for a RRR style load and unload to help with capacity? Probably not at all the case at all, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw how long it was.

Reactions: RFRees
Just spitballing, but perhaps it's as long as it is to allow for a RRR style load and unload to help with capacity? Probably not at all the case at all, but it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw how long it was.

That wouldn't explain why the building is so big though. The RRR station is pretty small, and this looks to be the around the size of other major dark rides at the resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.