Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That wouldn't explain why the building is so big though. The RRR station is pretty small, and this looks to be the around the size of other major dark rides at the resort.

Well, you have to take into account that it is two tracks, not one, and we have no clue what type of coaster trains they plan on using. And we don't know exactly how much of the que they plan on being indoors. Matenience areas. A lot of unknowns.

EDIT: Alicia beat me to it! LOL

I have been a fan of Harry Potter since I read the first book in 1998, when I was in 7th grade and I can care less about seeing the ministry. What is so great about a bunch of offices. Oh yes the fountain with gold statues is pretty but what exactly is the emotional attachment to that?

You could argue it would be fun to do the elevator ride but then could easily do that with any setting. The floo network is cool but again can be done in any setting.

Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, the castle have been done. Besides, the great hall, there is nothing left that will give me that same feeling that I had when I first saw Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley.

The only thing remotely exciting about the ministry if the battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore with all the possible effects they could do with fire, water, glass, and sand. These effects could be applied to a younger Dumbledore and Grindelwald (too bad its Depp but oh well).

This is what I want from the FB in UEU. The qypsie esque streets with animatronics of creatures would be so amazing. Then a ride in the suitcase.

I wish it wasn't yet another launch coaster, but this is music to my ears.

(Now add one to Monster Land as well, Uni!)

I agree on another launch coaster. I've heard before that launch coaster are cheaper to maintain in the long run, which could he why Universal opts for them. I haven't followed any of the "Velocicoaster" news (other than seeing the name trademark). I'm guessing it's a launch coaster as well?

Ummm why do people keep talking about shops and restaurants in the Ministry when its a freaking office building. It's not a mall and I'm pretty sure JK Rowling won't sign off on that.

All in all while the ministry is a great concept, I think some people are hyping it up to the point where its going to be like Gringotts in which the experience shown in the movie won't match what we actually get.

I would rather them just do the Seven Schools, Newt's Suitcase with some random countries facade and call it a day.

The only thing remotely exciting about the ministry if the battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore with all the possible effects they could do with fire, water, glass, and sand. These effects could be applied to a younger Dumbledore and Grindelwald (too bad its Depp but oh well).
Which apparently they only fought once, "one of the greatest duels in wizarding history" and it was in 1945? Assuming this would be FB5, so not yet ready for UEU unfortunately. (Maybe a ride to be added as expansion.)
This is what I want from the FB in UEU. The qypsie esque streets with animatronics of creatures would be so amazing. Then a ride in the suitcase.

eFfmdb3.jpg

Reactions: jrn14 and soilsigh
I have been a fan of Harry Potter since I read the first book in 1998, when I was in 7th grade and I can care less about seeing the ministry. What is so great about a bunch of offices. Oh yes the fountain with gold statues is pretty but what exactly is the emotional attachment to that?

I'm moving away from this discussion, but I will say you are certainly an extreme minority in thinking like this.

I agree on another launch coaster. I've heard before that launch coaster are cheaper to maintain in the long run, which could he why Universal opts for them. I haven't followed any of the "Velocicoaster" news (other than seeing the name trademark). I'm guessing it's a launch coaster as well?

Yes, Velocicoaster is a launch, allegedly the fastest multi-launch coaster in the world.

Reactions: Nico
The simple fact is I think it is a huge mistake if they put the British Ministry in the new park. Fans will be confused as to why there are two Londons.

I doubt the average American theme park guest knows the difference between London and Scotland--ask them, they'll say the Potter verse is in "England"--yet they've adapted quite well to Diagon and Hogsmeade being in two different parks.

I'd add no one seems to complain Spidey and Transformers are literally beat-for-beat the same ride, which seems a lot more obvious than two completely different areas--and possibly eras--of London in different parks. Theme park guests live in the moment.

Paris makes sense because it's somewhere we haven't been before. Don't attempt to finish an area (eg London) in the new theme park, finish it where it belongs (USF).

No Eiffel Tower, average guest not going to know it's Paris anyway. It's just going to be perceived as a nondescript land somewhere that is maybe themed like Europe or whatever. Which is (sadly) what they probably consider the note-perfect re-creation of 90s London outside Diagon.

Ummm why do people keep talking about shops and restaurants in the Ministry when its a freaking office building.

You've never worked in an office building with a cafeteria? Seems a way to slide in a mass loader QSR that fits better than any of the other three rumored lands. Throw up Ministry propaganda on the walls, play periodic pages for "Mr. Weasley to the Department of Muggle Studies, please." A Department of Magical Artifacts could serve the same purpose as that new hit Batuu store. Just me spitballing, but an indoor environment provides a lot of opportunity.

Ummm why do people keep talking about shops and restaurants in the Ministry when its a freaking office building. It's not a mall and I'm pretty sure JK Rowling won't sign off on that.

There's already a snack stand from the movies and it's not like JKR wouldn't add new locations just to the Ministry (see Horizont Alley and Carket Market in Diagon, all new additions just for the land).

*edit*

Newt was alive into the 90s and has no death date, it's possible we visit the Ministry during the OG trilogy to get that experience then also have another FB adjacent experience.

Right now it's a 'he said she said' situation, though Amber Heard seems to be coming out on top of the publicity side. Generally it hurts someone's career to be a part of something like this, even if the allegations are untrue.

Really didn't help FB2 box office having Depp be involved in this. (It also didn't help that the overall feeling of FB2 made you feel bad too.) If the movie had focused more on Newt and Dumbledore and less on Grindelwald, maybe it would have done better.

I think they'll learn their lesson from this with FB3 and Epic Universe.

Why don't they just turn Johnny Depp back into Colin Ferrel? I have nothing against Johnny Depp and I think he's a human being and entitled to a personal life, but I think Colin Ferrel is a better actor and was disappointed when he disappeared and turned into Johnny Depp, lol.

Also, I would love to see how Universal does a Paris land, especially since Disney is expanding Paris at Epcot after letting that park stagnate for so long.

Hes abusive towards his now ex-wife and verbally lashed out at her and lawsuits during the publicity circuit for Crimes of Grindelwald.

Well, if he's telling the truth, he was defending himself against career ending allegations, so....

Except...it wouldn't be marketed like that? Like at all? It would be marketed as "Come and finally see the Ministry of Magic!" and everyone would be there.
“Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic”
Except the London MoM isn't the most popular part of the IP that was chosen since the chosen IP is FB, so what now?
“Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic”
There's supposed to be 2 rides in that land, right? So besides the Ministry - do we have any idea what that second ride will be?
“Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministries of Magic?" :shrug:

Maybe just me, but a great Aesthetic landmark of the park would be Hyrule Castle in relation to SNW.
They could easily build a castle that would rival Disney interns of how gorgeous it is.

images

I'd love to see that from way across the park. And lit up at night.
They could easily manage to replicate this. Under the height requirements that is.

Plus, Zelda is a huge IP in relation to Nintendo trademarks, I feel like Mario, Pokemon and Zelda should be the focus for it. Not that I'm hating on Yoshi or Donkey Long.

Maybe just me, but a great Aesthetic landmark of the park would be Hyrule Castle in relation to SNW.
They could easily build a castle that would rival Disney interns of how gorgeous it is.

images

I'd love to see that from way across the park. And lit up at night.
They could easily manage to replicate this. Under the height requirements that is.

Plus, Zelda is a huge IP in relation to Nintendo trademarks, I feel like Mario, Pokemon and Zelda should be the focus for it. Not that I'm hating on Yoshi or Donkey Long.
I hope they keep all the Nintendo properties in one park.

Reactions: therock
I'm sure this has already been said, but I think we all need to calm down about taking rumors and speculation as proven fact. Even the most responsible rumors reporters in the theme park world with the best track records (here's to you, Alicia) will caution that plans can and will change. Case in point:

I know it’s not likely but if it was things could drastically change with the concept art just like what happened to IOA not classic rides ok I’ll get over that. But when IOA was first announced they had plans for a DC cartoon world then got canceled. Ok I already brought this up but here is the real link for it. You never know if these plans could be changed from now till 2022-2023 a lot can happen from now till then. What makes you think these concept art plans are officially locked and won’t change this time? Yes a park name title is announced but nothing else has been officially announced like lands, rides, shows.

I understand we all need to speculate about the new park, it's only natural, but maybe remind yourself every once in a while that is indeed all speculation at this point.

I'd add no one seems to complain Spidey and Transformers are literally beat-for-beat the same ride
|

No they're not. Same ride system and very similar endings have led people -- and usually these are Disney-loving Universal haters -- to assume that it's the same track and layout, but it's absolutely not.

No they're not. Same ride system and very similar endings have led people -- and usually these are Disney-loving Universal haters -- to assume that it's the same track and layout, but it's absolutely not.

They’re still incredibly similar. Transformers does everything Spider-Man does (only worse). It’s still a good ride, but it still comes off as a knockoff designed for parks that couldn’t have Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.