Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I know there is work involved in media based attractions, but I would quote Jon Favreau: "the problem is not CGI, but directors who don't know how to work with it". He was referring to people complaining about CGI in movies so much. He attributes at some directors not knowing how to handle the tool. The same thing happens in rides. As I've said, when done right they blow you away, but more often than not, screens and projections are used as a crutch, a cop out.
Yes, that is a great quote and you are 100 percent correct

I was providing a side comment on people that label screen attractions as lazy

Humorous comment of the day, and a testament to Hagrid's popularity....Robert Niles, Theme Park Insider, was discussing the August 1st Universal Orlando press meeting at the Orange County Convention Center, located across the street from the new park. Niles 'joked', speculating what the press announcement might be about, "Perhaps Universal is going to announce that Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is ramping up to full time operation and the Convention Center will be the new location of the queue's entrance given the ride's popularity". ..:):lol:

Bio sometimes does what Alicia’s photos did for me way back... show me the look of things in the big picture... wide shots. An excellent tweet for those of us that haven’t been yet.

There is a full queue tour on Universal's YouTube page...if you're into that sort of thing

His name is similar to mine :pew:
In line... to pass some time, there are currently 5 trains running, from my observations. Then about a three minute lull, then the 5 trains go again, another 3 min lull, etc... looks like they’re definitely in the ballpark to be efficient enough to add more trains.. especially with the queue in Hogsmeade currently. (Edit:12:05)

Heh, is this still a thing. Seems like everyone forgot the ride existed...........Just kidding..but...Damn, the pre occupation with the new park has even zeroed out Hagrid & GESWL discussions for the most part.

i am going to do rope drop at universal in sept, usually USF is the early entry. Typically will do diagon alley and such until Hogwarts Express opens up and then go over to IOA. When double dragons was open, would just go over to the entrance for it in Hogsmeade. I would assume i could do the same for Hagrids, but I keep hearing about the line starting in Seuss land. Can i just go from Hogsmeade Station directly to the entrance for Hagrids (I assume its basically the same location as the double dragons entrance was) or will I have to go to Seuss land?

i am going to do rope drop at universal in sept, usually USF is the early entry. Typically will do diagon alley and such until Hogwarts Express opens up and then go over to IOA. When double dragons was open, would just go over to the entrance for it in Hogsmeade. I would assume i could do the same for Hagrids, but I keep hearing about the line starting in Seuss land. Can i just go from Hogsmeade Station directly to the entrance for Hagrids (I assume its basically the same location as the double dragons entrance was) or will I have to go to Seuss land?
You could, but you still have to wander into the lost continent to get in line. The station will be barricaded by Hagrid's line, so you'd have to wait for a team member to let you through.

They let guests in IOA queue for Hagrid before the first train arrives from USF. If you want to rope drop Hagrid, walk to IOA by 8:30.