Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the fireworks in the concept (again, could be concept) I’d think the parks will be open to at least 9:00 if not 10:00
And that leaves three to four hours of missed opportunity.

If I had it my way, the parks would all be open until 2am. But that doesn't seem likely to happen for Epic Universe without some hub tricks.

I can't believe no one has asked one of the singular most important questions concerning this park. Where oh where do we expect the Starbucks to go?!?!?!?!

I say that they rent out for corporate events during the morning and open noon-midnight to the public. :grin:

While I get going to the parks early to beat the crowds to popular rides....theme parks in the morning just don't do it for me.

Ya'll acting like a free hub has to be free all day.

Close the lands at 7:00/8:00, like you would anyway. Leave the hub (no rides) open until midnight. You still get the nightlife, without the headache.

I suspect this might be tongue-in-cheek, but ...

1) If Universal closes this park at 7/8, doesn't matter how great it is, they've already failed and ceded to Disney.

2) Nothing kills nightlife quicker than letting a parade of strollers and tired kids walk past it. Universal already figured this out with the design of CityWalk 1.0.

I suspect this might be tongue-in-cheek, but ...

1) If Universal closes this park at 7/8, doesn't matter how great it is, they've already failed and ceded to Disney.

2) Nothing kills nightlife quicker than letting a parade of strollers and tired kids walk past it. Universal already figured this out with the design of CityWalk 1.0.
You do realize the current parks close at 9:00, and the latest Disney goes is until 10:00? A two hour gap (that already exists most of the year) isn't exceedingly detrimental. Especially when the south campus nightlife is going to cater predominantly to the South campus hotels anyway.

Never mind the fact that they can still leave every other aspect of the hub (especially the nighttime show) open later. And if they shift to a MagicBands-type system, and make swiping into the rides a requirement, they can keep the rides open there too.

The idea isn't tongue in cheek at all. It's completely feasible and the presented structure of the park actually encourages it (with the attached hotel).

There's only so long you can justify a park being open, even on a busy day. It's all about the profit potential of the people inside the park. You need to pull some trick like HHN or Disney after dark (separate ticketed event) to have a late night theme park experience be profitable.

I don't see anything in the concept art for the hub that resembles nightlife though. There doesn't seem to be space there for the type/size of nightclub that would be appropriate for a massive theme park with the throughput of Universal. And while Universal don't have dry parks - I'm not sure a full bar is something they'd go for. There's a difference between a bar and offering a beer with a meal.

Outside of bars/nightclubs what nightlife would there be?

Additionally I can't imagine hotel guests to be delighted with guests still in the park at 2/3 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.