Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really referring to rights but more of over-saturation.

If Universal wants to be seen as equal to Disney, I feel like they need to move passed IPs that have been consistently used at Six Flags and other lower tier theme parks.

There are over 400 amusement parks in the US. 6 of them having had rides based on the same IP is a far cry from over saturation.

And who is determining if Universal is equal to Disney? Us the Theme Park fans? Or do you mean in the eyes of the general public? Because I can tell you, the majority of the general public that visits Disney and Universal are probably unaware, or no longer even care, that a few regional parks once held a Scooby Doo attraction that chances are they never even rode.

Not really referring to rights but more of over-saturation.

If Universal wants to be seen as equal to Disney, I feel like they need to move passed IPs that have been consistently used at Six Flags and other lower tier theme parks.
Honestly I’m so confused at people asking for properties that have nothing to do with the tone of the new park.

What tone? I have a feeling that I'll love this park, but you could put any IP in this park and it'll fit. There's no general theme like Animal Kingdom and SeaWorld.
I’m sorry but we don’t know that and where would a Scooby doo attraction go ? Don’t say UCM because it seems like they are going for something little more mature and dark.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

Universal was never going to make UCM land aimed at adults. Families are where the money is at. That's not to say there won't be an attraction in the land aimed at an older crowd set, but they would be passing up too much potential profit by alienating families. That's why some of us have floated the idea of properties like Scooby Doo and even The Addams Family around. If you don't give families enough reason to venture into that area of the park (which would be a real risk for families with small children) then Universal is failing on properly capitalizing on guest spending in the area as well as overall crowd control for the park.

Universal was never going to make UCM land aimed at adults. Families are where the money is at. That's not to say there won't be an attraction in the land aimed at an older crowd set, but they would be passing up too much potential profit by alienating families. That's why some of us have floated the idea of properties like Scooby Doo and even The Addams Family around. If you don't give families enough reason to venture into that area of the park (which would be a real risk for families with small children) then Universal is failing on properly capitalizing on guest spending in the area as well as overall crowd control for the park.
The Adams Family is fine as it fits better than Scooby doo.

After reading through all these post, I have one thing to say. Personally, I am a theme park and coaster fanatic. I started going to universal because of the cool attractions and rides they were doing. Now, what also entice me were the IP's they were using but what made me want to visit was the rides. I had seen some potter movies but I was never a die hard fan. What sold the areas to me were the immersions and the cutting edge attractions. It wasn't staying true to the story line, it wasn't recreating a store to the square inch, it was kick ass attractions and great food and shopping choices. I feel an IP is only as strong at the attraction that is attached to it. For instance, I have never seen Men in Black but I love the ride universal created and from start to finish it told the story. On the other hand, I have never seen Fast and Furious and I think the attraction sucks!

So with that being said, I don't care what the IP's are really as long as the rides and attractions are top notch I will be a happy camper. But I am "fangirling" out at the thought of a Universal's Monsters area lol.

After reading through all these post, I have one thing to say. Personally, I am a theme park and coaster fanatic. I started going to universal because of the cool attractions and rides they were doing. Now, what also entice me were the IP's they were using but what made me want to visit was the rides. I had seen some potter movies but I was never a die hard fan. What sold the areas to me were the immersions and the cutting edge attractions. It wasn't staying true to the story line, it wasn't recreating a store to the square inch, it was kick ass attractions and great food and shopping choices. I feel an IP is only as strong at the attraction that is attached to it. For instance, I have never seen Men in Black but I love the ride universal created and from start to finish it told the story. On the other hand, I have never seen Fast and Furious and I think the attraction sucks!

So with that being said, I don't care what the IP's are really as long as the rides and attractions are top notch I will be a happy camper. But I am "fangirling" out at the thought of a Universal's Monsters area lol.
Well put! :toast:

I think Scooby and Addams Family have some of the greatest potential to attract families to Classic Monsters, as they will be more appropriate for younger children and still would work within the land or adjacent to the land within the Hub... I actually would say having one of them present would almost be necessary in terms of the success of Classic Monsters, and allowing it to appeal to a larger base.

I’m not saying a retro classic land should be a centerpiece of the new park but I really do think it deserves its own great movie ride which isn’t likely that would only be if the concept art changes which isn’t highly likely most of you guys think from now till 2023-2024. Lots of the classic movies could have new stories to tell. They don’t have to be the exact same old rides like they were before. It would just be interesting to see what the new technology would look like on a new jaws attraction with today’s tech how awesome Bruce would look as an AA in the water would their be more movement with the shark would it be able to bite the boat as your riding it? Their are just certain things I think Universal guests would want to see. They never saw Hill Valley either.

I’m not saying a retro classic land should be a centerpiece of the new park but I really do think it deserves its own great movie ride which isn’t likely that would only be if the concept art changes which isn’t highly likely most of you guys think from now till 2023-2024. Lots of the classic movies could have new stories to tell. They don’t have to be the exact same old rides like they were before. It would just be interesting to see what the new technology would look like on a new jaws attraction with today’s tech how awesome Bruce would look as an AA in the water would their be more movement with the shark would it be able to bite the boat as your riding it? Their are just certain things I think Universal guests would want to see. They never saw Hill Valley either.
A Universal version of GMR would be incredible, but it's not going to happen in the near future

The UCM area artwork reminds me a lot of the Romanian town of Sighișoara. It is situated along is river and the old historic section of town in walled in amongst the higher elevated hills. Add in the fact that the Dracula legend is born from this area (Sighișoara is located in the Transilvania region of Romania) and it lends well architecturally.

Sighișoara - Wikipedia

That does look like inspiration! Here is a link to google images of various views of the city.

Sighișoara - Google Search

If a Universal Great Movie Ride happens, I think it should be at USF, not EU. Although, I doubt it's likely, because to me it sounds like a Tram Tour with extra steps.
I too enjoy Rick and Morty. ;)

I’ve been begging for a great universal movie ride at USF for over a decade. It’ll never happen. I want it. But it’ll never happen. But it’ll DEFINITELY not happen at Epic Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.