Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld San Diego

Journey to Atlantis reopened. I kinda like the old color scheme better. I also feel like they could've done more to the elevator and that tarp that's in front of the boat.

I remember when in the past, the elevator had a pretty cool scene revolving around the sue of screens on both sides of that elevator. Wish they brought it back, and I'm not entirely a fan of the new Vocal work for the ride..

I got to ride Tidal Twister twice yesterday.

Since I have ridden Harley Quinn in SFDK (Skywarp), I did have a basis of comparison. For the record, I rode Harely Quinn at the far end, and found one loop not too bad, and the other loop awful. That may have been a reflection of my seat, but the awful loop was awful enough that I don't need to ride it again.

Obviously, my expectations were pretty low for this. And maybe because of that, I actually didn't find it terrible. Yes, it definitely has a chug from every time the tire drive hits a gap in the blades. But, at least for me, that chug did not result in head banging, so it was tolerable (I suppose YMMV). And once it gets up to full speed, it there is a decent pop of air over the top, and a very "Bayern Kurve" feel going around (which I greatly enjoyed).

Yes, the restraints are awful. Very bulky, to the point where some guests couldn't reach the redundant seat belt clip. And if you're in the seats that face each other, there's very little leg room, as the seats are very close together. It's certainly not going to break anyone's Top 10 list. But between this and the Skywarp at SFDK, I'd pick this hands down.

While coaster enthusiasts will probably not find it great, it should be noted the GP did seem to enjoy it. I've ridden worse.

In other news, Tidal Twister has been down for most of the month...

First mentioned on Jul 5th.

An then with a update of still closed, repairs on the drive tires and no word on when it's reopening as of yesterday...

Seems like SWSD just can't catch a break here, same goes for Skyline, too.

Hmmmm....could this be an Intamin launch? Mabe something like Manta but with barrel rolls? Manta already fulfills the family launch coaster, so adding inversions would differentiate it from Manta.

Either way this goes, it looks like SWSD has found their sweet spot. I would be glad to see an aged simulator be replaced by another descent coaster.

You know, considering BGWfans is reporting that SeaWorld Park's is going crazy, and adding another coaster to Williamsburg for 2021..I could actually see the Wild Arctic thrill coaster go down sooner than later..

as far as groups, I'd guess either Premier (as they're working with SWO on their 2020 coaster) or Intamin (which could make sense, if they have a deal with them).

You know, considering BGWfans is reporting that SeaWorld Park's is going crazy, and adding another coaster to Williamsburg for 2021..I could actually see the Wild Arctic thrill coaster go down sooner than later..

as far as groups, I'd guess either Premier (as they're working with SWO on their 2020 coaster) or Intamin (which could make sense, if they have a deal with them).

....ya know SeaWorld Entertainment, you never built that Giga at BGT.....

The Cali Coastal Commission would never allow a giga.

Hopefully this is the jet ski coaster, that way it's differentiated from Manta.

I still have zero clue why the park has yet to add a Zamperla kiddie coaster as well.

The Cali Coastal Commission would never allow a giga.

Hopefully this is the jet ski coaster, that way it's differentiated from Manta.

I still have zero clue why the park has yet to add a Zamperla kiddie coaster as well.
While I haven't been on it, I have not heard great things about San Antonio's Jet Ski coaster. I've heard it's not comfortable and kind of bland. I'd be pretty disappointed if that was it.

Looking at the layout, it looks like it could be a CCC-friendly Taron. It would be cool if they threw in a zero-G roll and a top gun stall to make it more thrilling, but it sounds like they want to make this more family friendly. Even if they don't put inversions in there, something like Taron would be fantastic.

While I haven't been on it, I have not heard great things about San Antonio's Jet Ski coaster. I've heard it's not comfortable and kind of bland. I'd be pretty disappointed if that was it.

Seeing as Hagrid's is mostly the same train design with thematic changes, perhaps they've improved on it?

I'm not sure everyone actually read the article with the permit info....the max height will remain under 30 feet. It's not going to be a monster of a coaster.
Untitled-drawing-8.jpg