Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been in line for about 70 minutes now and am currently in the caves. Single rider isn't open. My estimation is they've been running somewhere between 5-7 trains all morning because the line has had 2-3 minute gaps with no movement followed by spurts of quick progression.

Update: Got on at 10:30. Singles was open as I boarded, so I got back in line again. It took me about 20 minutes to reach the split with an additional 10 or so inside the actually single line.

Last edited:
I've been in line for about 70 minutes now and am currently in the caves. Single rider isn't open. My estimation is they've been running somewhere between 5-7 trains all morning because the line has had 2-3 minute gaps with no movement followed by spurts of quick progression.

Update: Got on at 10:30. Singles was open as I boarded, so I got back in line again. It took me about 20 minutes to reach the split with an additional 10 or so inside the actually single line.

Do you remember what the posted wait time was each time you went into line?

Just to point out a similar new attraction opening a few weeks after Hagrid, and I mentioned this previously on an earlier maintenance closing. Kennywood's Steel Curtain coaster, high tech but certainly not as high tech as Hagrid's, was closed for maintenance 'again' from Saturday to Weds. It's now been closed almost half the days that it's been in operation (July 13). It's gotten pretty good reviews but park goers are upset with the breakdowns. Unfortunately, with all of this new and high tech, attractions are generally going to have a rocky three to four months of opening issues. It's the negative side of having a new high tech attraction, but everything usually works out after those opening issue foibles get fixed.

Reactions: Coasted
Just to point out a similar new attraction opening a few weeks after Hagrid, and I mentioned this previously on an earlier maintenance closing. Kennywood's Steel Curtain coaster, high tech but certainly not as high tech as Hagrid's, was closed for maintenance 'again' from Saturday to Weds. It's now been closed almost half the days that it's been in operation (July 13). It's gotten pretty good reviews but park goers are upset with the breakdowns. Unfortunately, with all of this new and high tech, attractions are generally going to have a rocky three to four months of opening issues. It's the negative side of having a new high tech attraction, but everything usually works out after those opening issue foibles get fixed.
Another example (although also not as high tech), Tidal Twister at Seaworld San Diego has now been closed for more days than it has been open. And for rides being opened before they’re ready, Maxx Force at Six Flags Great America opened with almost none of the queue ready. They had the railing laid out on the big concrete pad which was all blocked off.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Another example (although also not as high tech), Tidal Twister at Seaworld San Diego has now been closed for more days than it has been open. And for rides being opened before they’re ready, Maxx Force at Six Flags Great America opened with almost none of the queue ready. They had the railing laid out on the big concrete pad which was all blocked off.
I mean you guys are just preaching to the choir at this point.

Waiting at mythos right now, there is a delayed opening / not sure if its opening today.. gonna wait it out for about 30 min and see of the line starts moving or not

Value season started today, lower ticket prices, team members told me they expect higher crowds.
I don't expect that to make as much of a difference as one would think. We're talking around a $10 difference between yesterday and today. We'll see though. My main point was more the local crowd is gonna be a little lighter.

Reactions: truejonas
Skrewt blast didnt work again on my ride today but hagrid thankfully did. I waited around 30 min from ride opening to getting off but I arrived at about 8:15

Reactions: WillQ92