Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance runs a good site, but he also said Transformers was replacing Jaws and a year round haunt was replacing Xena/Hurc show building (despite permits for elevator shafts was found).

Oh yeah, have nothing against Lance or the site. I have it bookmarked and use it to stay up to date with amusement parks in general. I have just noticed a trend, then when it comes to the rumors front, he has a better overall batting average with the regional park rumors. I find at least 60% of the Universal or Disney rumors reported on to be "old news" (long sense leaked by other insiders) or completely left field and counter to everything we hear from other insiders (and normally wrong).

Has anyone actually disproven the ticketless hub idea? I know we're bashing TPU and Screamscape... Is anyone able to point to an article with someone credible going on record against this ticketless hub idea?

We point at the bad track record of TPU, but looking back at the one article which referred to the hub being ticketless, they also made several other claims which are thus far accurate (reported back in April, months ahead of the concept):
  • Four lands
  • Two expansion pads
  • Onsite hotel
  • Placement of hotel
  • Shape of Hub/spoke is accurate
  • Size of Hub
  • Cohesive theme of Hub

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Has anyone actually disproven the ticketless hub idea? I know we're bashing TPU and Screamscape... Is anyone able to point to an article with someone credible going on record against this ticketless hub idea?

We point at the bad track record of TPU, but looking back at the one article which referred to the hub being ticketless, they also made several other claims which are thus far accurate (reported back in April, months ahead of the concept):
  • Four lands
  • Two expansion pads
  • Onsite hotel
  • Placement of hotel
  • Shape of Hub/spoke is accurate
  • Size of Hub
  • Cohesive theme of Hub

Literally me.

Why does it need to be an article? Makes 0 sense since the site is the location for rumors and news. Where as TPU just posts an article. Insider is still an insider.
I updated my post for the reason.

I'm not saying TPU / Screamscape are right, I'm just saying... We have two insiders saying one thing and others saying another. Nothing has been proven one way or the other yet.

Everyone on here (who is not considered an insider themselves) saying TPU and Screamscape are wrong provide no links or anything to back it up. I'm inclined to believe someone who puts their neck on the line and says "I have sources", that's fine, that's at least believable. But anyone else who says "nah" without backing it up gets discredited in my book.

Last edited:
Updated for reason.

I'm not saying TPU / Screamscape are right, I'm just saying... We have two insiders saying one thing and others saying another. Nothing has been proven one way or the other yet.

Everyone on here (who is not considered an insider themselves) saying TPU and Screamscape are wrong provide no links or anything to back it up. I'm inclined to believe someone who puts their neck on the line and says "I have sources", that's fine, that's at least believable. But anyone else who says "nah" without backing it up gets discredited in my back.
I’m more inclined to believe the people on here than on a random site.

Reactions: |Q|
Updated for reason.

Everyone on here (who is not considered an insider themselves) saying TPU and Screamscape are wrong provide no links or anything to back it up. I'm inclined to believe someone who puts their neck on the line and says "I have sources", that's fine, that's at least believable. But anyone else who says "nah" without backing it up gets discredited in my back.

I mean, not only Joe, but hasn't Alicia stated on many many occasions to the effect of the ticketless hub idea being abandoned? And more than anyone else, Alicia has had some of the most consistent up to date information about the park.

Not everyone who has inside knowledge of the park is going to, needs to, or even wants to write a news article simply to disprove another news source. I feel like there has been one source (TPU, as I believe but may be wrong that Screamscapes reporting on the free hub sourced TPU) claiming a free hub and multiple other well known insiders claiming the opposite.

I mean, not only Joe, but hasn't Alicia stated on many many occasions to the effect of the ticketless hub idea being abandoned? And more than anyone else, Alicia has had some of the most consistent up to date information about the park.
And I'm very inclined to believe @Alicia, though I will say that what an insider says here on the forums includes a mix of opinion and rumors... But what Alicia states in an article on her website seems to be rumors backed by credible sources and other evidence (leaked images, permits, etc). I mean no offense, but there's a higher level of stakes and credibility when someone puts their neck on the line with something like this.

Keep in mind, a TPU, Screamscape, or ParkStop article might show up in someones news-feed... A forum post will not.

The world may keep getting articles spreading the same (possibly inaccurate) rumor of a ticketless hub. I think it's a legitimate question asking if someone has (or will) attempt to discredit this rumor publicly (at the same level of visibility as TPU).

Edit:
I tried searching for Alicia making a statement on this and I could only find her saying that everyone is saying it's dead (to paraphrase).. so I'm a little unclear if she is referring to people here or her direct sources. If someone can point me in the right direction if she's said something more concrete that would be helpful. (It's very difficult searching for something like this on the forums without reading through literally hundreds of posts.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Andysol and Alicia
And I'm very inclined to believe Alicia, though I will say that what an insider says here on the forums includes a mix of opinion and rumors... But what Alicia states in an article on her website seems to be rumors backed by credible sources and other evidence (leaked images, permits, etc). I mean no offense, but there's a higher level of stakes and credibility when someone puts their neck on the line with something like this.

Would love to see someone put a nail in the coffin on the ticketless hub rumor, but as of now we just have a few forum posts saying it's wrong.

I'm not sure what you expect here. There won't be any found "building permits" for a ticketless hub. The most you could hope for is the possibility of a trademark for a new ticketing system, which even then isn't 100% reliable as company's file patents all the time they never touch. You aren't going to get a final nail in the coffin on this until Universal gives us more information. It's all going to come down to which side of debate you land and which insiders information you chose to believe. That's the best you are going to get.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
I'm not sure what you expect here. There won't be any found "building permits" for a ticketless hub. The most you could hope for is the possibility of a trademark for a new ticketing system, which even then isn't 100% reliable as company's file patents all the time they never touch. You aren't going to get a final nail in the coffin on this until Universal gives us more information. It's all going to come down to which side of debate you land and which insiders information you chose to believe. That's the best you are going to get.
All I'm asking for is something to link to next time this is discussed. Doesn't have to be a patent or permits, just someone sticking their neck on the line with a highly visible, public, and detailed way, saying "according to my sources this ticketless hub idea is dead" in something more than a vague statement like we've seen.

I didn't mean to make this a debate, just asking a question if there were any articles and it sounds like there aren't. I'll back away from this topic now.

Last edited:
All I'm asking for is something to link to next time this is discussed. Doesn't have to be a patent or permits, just someone sticking their neck on the line saying "according to my sources this ticketless hub idea is dead."

I didn't mean to make this a debate, just asking a question if there were any articles and it sounds like there aren't. I'll back away from this topic now.
I mean at this point most of the insiders have been hearing information about the hub being ticketed or not from employees/other insiders/hearsay. At this point I'm not sure if there is enough information pertaining to the subject for there even to be an article about it. Typically for an article to be written, there would have to be some form of solid publication backing the information one way or another. At this point all you can do is pick and choose which insiders seem to be the most reliable and take what they are saying until Uni actually comes out with more information regarding the subject.

I mean at this point most of the insiders have been hearing information about the hub being ticketed or not from employees/other insiders/hearsay. At this point I'm not sure if there is enough information pertaining to the subject for there even to be an article about it. Typically for an article to be written, there would have to be some form of solid publication backing the information one way or another. At this point all you can do is pick and choose which insiders seem to be the most reliable and take what they are saying until Uni actually comes out with more information regarding the subject.

I stand by what I know with the huge caveat that things can change AGAIN. As of this spring and early summer the plan was for a traditional park ticketing system.

this point most of the insiders have been hearing information about the hub being ticketed or not from employees/other insiders/hearsay.

Welcome to the internet. Everything is hearsay and articles don't matter.

We're at least 3-4 years out from this park opening. Things can change at the drop of a hat so there's no use getting bent out of shape either way.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I stand by what I know with the huge caveat that things can change AGAIN. As of this spring and early summer the plan was for a traditional park ticketing system.
Do you mean as far as pricing or biometrics or both? (I assume both but just wanted to double check.)

To clarify why I'm asking this:
We've heard rumors about facial recognition for 5+ years. But the facial recognition concept is not the same as the pricing concept (free hub). Both have separate issues regarding feasibility.

Last edited:
Do you mean as far as pricing or biometrics or both? (I assume both but just wanted to double check.)

To clarify why I'm asking this:
We've heard rumors about facial recognition for 5+ years. But the facial recognition concept is not the same as the pricing concept (free hub). Both have separate issues regarding feasibility.

The facial recognition concept fascinates me. Haven't they been doing some kind of testing with it with fastpasses on and off recently? Or did I just imagine that?

Status
Not open for further replies.