Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I have to say, this year is probably the least excited I’ve been to be a fan. Everybody has been complaining about everything and it’s so tiring. I made a post on the reddit a few months ago asking for suggestions on how we can stop leaks and all people focused on was the GOT rumor and how I was “stupid” for believing it. People have even brought up how Ghostbusters is a bad idea purely because the reboot exists for crying out loud (which, the reboot isn’t necessarily classic cinema but it’s a HELL of a lot better than the sequel).

I don’t know. I haven’t been able to consistently go for years due to finances and every time I’m able to go, I try to immerse myself because it may be the last time I go. Most of the people who are fighting and complaining are usually the people who go multiple times every year. If you don’t like a house, don’t go in it. Place your discourse in actual things wrong with the event, like the atrociously high prices and the queue disorganization.

Vamp 85 last year basically had its own show when the ball dropped. With the dancers, the crowd and the effects I can see how HHN would consider that a “show” and thats probably what this new show talk is about. Some type of organized performance in the SZ’s most likely Zombieland and Vanity.

I have to say, this year is probably the least excited I’ve been to be a fan. Everybody has been complaining about everything and it’s so tiring. I made a post on the reddit a few months ago asking for suggestions on how we can stop leaks and all people focused on was the GOT rumor and how I was “stupid” for believing it. People have even brought up how Ghostbusters is a bad idea purely because the reboot exists for crying out loud (which, the reboot isn’t necessarily classic cinema but it’s a HELL of a lot better than the sequel).

I don’t know. I haven’t been able to consistently go for years due to finances and every time I’m able to go, I try to immerse myself because it may be the last time I go. Most of the people who are fighting and complaining are usually the people who go multiple times every year. If you don’t like a house, don’t go in it. Place your discourse in actual things wrong with the event, like the atrociously high prices and the queue disorganization.

(which, the reboot isn’t necessarily classic cinema but it’s a HELL of a lot better than the sequel)

Oh.........no................yikes :eek:ut:

That sub-Reddit is quickly turning into a cesspool for some reason. I try to keep it alive with more than just questions about Stay and Scream and tickets. Most of the times I post something it's met with some pretty ugly fandom.

Find a group of folks that you know will post constructive comments, read their stuff, and know that you can quickly fast forward through everyone else. Don't let it get you down.

I just couldnt believe my eyes lol
Meh. GB2 was literally just the same premise as the first one with Bobby Brown and a couple of new ghosts thrown in. At least the reboot attempted something new (although with questionable results). This is just my own opinion though. I just feel it’s kind of ridiculous to pull the reboot in when the HHN maze has nothing to do with it, besides a potential Easter egg or two.

Meh. GB2 was literally just the same premise as the first one with Bobby Brown and a couple of new ghosts thrown in. At least the reboot attempted something new (although with questionable results). This is just my own opinion though. I just feel it’s kind of ridiculous to pull the reboot in when the HHN maze has nothing to do with it, besides a potential Easter egg or two.

I think the problem with the reboot was the director and/or the script really.

To keep it on topic though, it had some excellent ghost design, so hopefully they can include a few of those in the GB house this year. I saw on Twitter that there might be a couple of easter eggs!

I guess they didnt have enough ghosts from the first two movies.
But i hope all they took was ghost designs and nothing else...... i really hope we dont see Thor dancing or something lol

Does anyone know when the Media Day traditionally is? I have an opportunity to go this year and I'm trying to plan out if I need to take off work.

There's a media preview and a media day, preview is usually a week or two before with concept art, costumes, talking to creatives, etc. I don't know if that's happened the past few years, last time was 25 I think? Media day is opening nights when there's a presentation then media goes on RIP tours of the houses so they can review them.

I think I asked the question incorrectly. I think what I was trying to find out if it will be something that will be as great as a bill and Ted or rocky horror.