Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Posted this over on the construction thread, but it doesn't look like any horror house I can find. It does resemble on old fashioned theater, though.

Which made me think...Is it Hitchcock? I mean, Murdy talked it up forever, he finally did UCM last year, and they might wanna knock Hitchy out this year before the conversation surrounding him fully shifts to "dude was an @*$% with some great movies," so....

EDIT: This is kind of what I'm talking about:

American Movie Palaces: 50 Living Relics of U.S. Film History :: Movies :: Page 1 :: Paste

"The Senator Theater."

Grand Rex - Wikipedia

"Grand Rex Theater."

The architecture all looks very Art Deco right now, which was very in-vogue when Hitchcock was active. Art Deco was supplanted in the 40s, but was still very popular in the 50s, then pretty much died by the 70s, right after Hitchcock had made his last few "great" movies like Marnie, so.....

EDIT EDIT: Do we think they'll add something to the top of the facade Ghostbusters-style, or are they gonna just keep it that height? I'm leaning towards the latter, but just making sure.

Last edited:
Scary Movie is a dream maze of mine if that speaks anything about me lmao. The 2nd movie actually has a ton of content and the first is good too for a maze but after that…

Scary Movie is a dream maze of mine if that speaks anything about me lmao. The 2nd movie actually has a ton of content and the first is good too for a maze but after that…

If they do the Clown scene from Scary Movie 2, then they officially have no excuse to chicken out when it comes time to bring Ma to Horror Nights.

Theatre facade... "Pandora's Box"... gee... I wonder... what other maze have we possibly had thats been a theatre facade in the past that's been a compilation of several different movies...

I can picture it now...

"SCARY MOVIE 1,2 and 3 come to HHN for the first time ever in this laugh out loud scary haunted house exclusively at HHN Hollywood"

kidding but imagine the outrage... plus it'd be an excuse for Ghostface again
Lmao, it would be such a huge troll for the announcment video to go like this. The phone starts ringing and the camera moves in closer while suspensful music starts to play. Then, a voicemail about to be played... everyone is thinking "OMG YES SCREAAAM!!", but then we hear.... "WAZZZUUUUP", and bam "Scary Movie is coming to Halloween Horror Nights". Then wait for the angry Scream fans.
Am I a terrible person for actually kinda wanting this, lol? I’m guessing a second show for us (I’ve been speculating it for like months now, but don’t really have any evidence besides some wording in an ad), but I’ll probably be wrong
Honestly wouldn't mind it coming just for the reactions.

Lmao, it would be such a huge troll for the announcment video to go like this. The phone starts ringing and the camera moves in closer while suspensful music starts to play. Then, a voicemail about to be played... everyone is thinking "OMG YES SCREAAAM!!", but then we hear.... "WAZZZUUUUP", and bam "Scary Movie is coming to Halloween Horror Nights". Then wait for the angry Scream fans.

Honestly wouldn't mind it coming just for the reactions.

Honestly, sounds like a great April Fool's joke.

Hmm, what if "Pandora's Box" was never theme of the actual house, but more due to the -reaction- of everyone once it's revealed? A fandom freak-out like all heck was unleashed?

That happened already with the Game of Thrones leak /s

Unsure of what kind of property could realistically come, that would also cause that kind of reaction. I checked, and the PB facade doesn't fit the Scream 2 theater or - sadly - the Fireman's Home from Twin Peaks, so it can't be those. I'm just running out of White Whales to consider for this event.

what if it is like a maze about various art films or indie films. I don't think there would be many problems with the IP holders since they just trying to get their work out there and I remember seeing Chris post a hint about an obscure property coming to the event

what if it is like a maze about various art films or indie films. I don't think there would be many problems with the IP holders since they just trying to get their work out there and I remember seeing Chris post a hint about an obscure property coming to the event

That was Creepshow IIRC.

I just hope it takes place in the present and isn't around monsters from the past. or maybe it'll be an allegory and Pandora's Box is just our worst nightmares come to life