Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I’m still going to be very surprised if it’s a water show. From what I’ve heard, they do the show in the daytime now to promote the show at night and kind of let people know something happens there. There are 5 variations of music set to it. Back to the future, Jaws, Beetlejuice, a random song and E.T. There have been nightly testings but I don’t think it was in regards to a “horror” themed show. I could be wrong but I hope I’m not. I think I’m the only one that wouldn’t be excited for this. I don’t think it would draw the crowds, I think it would create a back up for certain zones, and I think the music would overpower the music in the surrounding zones.

I’m still going to be very surprised if it’s a water show. From what I’ve heard, they do the show in the daytime now to promote the show at night and kind of let people know something happens there. There are 5 variations of music set to it. Back to the future, Jaws, Beetlejuice, a random song and E.T. There have been nightly testings but I don’t think it was in regards to a “horror” themed show. I could be wrong but I hope I’m not. I think I’m the only one that wouldn’t be excited for this. I don’t think it would draw the crowds, I think it would create a back up for certain zones, and I think the music would overpower the music in the surrounding zones.

Just FYI - none of the zones would be affected... if it comes to pass.

Yeah, I don't see how a lagoon show would cause any mayhem in the streets - there's no zone on South Street this year and the viewing area has two exits that dump before and after the Central Park zone, so crowds should disperse rather evenly. Plus, like you said, it probably wouldn't be a huge draw, so I'd be surprised if it caused any backups at all, save for maybe the busiest nights.

I think a lagoon show would be a great addition - I would definitely hang out down there several times a night as a nice little break from the craziness of the streets and crowds. I'd definitely prefer something in air conditioning, but sadly I don't think any of the indoor show venues would work for HHN.

Would've been cool if they used a functional pop-up carnival drop tower in the Zombieland zone and let people actually ride it.

Not really speculation, but I just want to ask, do you guys prefer to go into HHN relatively spoiler-free or do you watch vlogs and videos before? I'm considering (trying) to stay away from vlogs this year.
I guess the positive of watching videos before is that it builds up hype, but obviously takes away the surprise...Do you guys think it's worth avoiding?

Not really speculation, but I just want to ask, do you guys prefer to go into HHN relatively spoiler-free or do you watch vlogs and videos before? I'm considering (trying) to stay away from vlogs this year.
I guess the positive of watching videos before is that it builds up hype, but obviously takes away the surprise...Do you guys think it's worth avoiding?

Definitely avoid it. Makes the house experience more enjoyable--also helps not to try to visualize the houses beforehand.

Avoid. Last year I even hid my HHN-related twitter contacts the first day of HHN. Made a huge difference in allowing me to avoid spoilers.

I go to the Orlando event and don't want spoilers, so I usually watch walkthroughs of the Hollywood houses to scratch that itch. Scare zones I'm usually a little spoiled on because I keep up with the construction updates. Can't stop myself.

Avoid the spoilers, but keep track of rankings. I like to know which houses are blowing people away so that when I go, I know which I should try to hit twice.

I watch as much as possible, but to be fair I am a wimp and it helps me feels less anxious haha. Additionally, the last few years we've only be able to go one night, so I'm the designated person who helps prioritize houses/things to do. So I watch videos and look for house rankings to help with that.
I think if your goal is to build hype, there are spoiler-free ways to do that :) Watch the movies for the IPs again, make hype lists, watch old HHN vlogs.

Thanks guys! I never actually watch house walkthroughs before the event, I was more asking for the scarezones. I also keep up with construction but that's totally different than seeing a scarezone walkthrough on youtube...but that's a good idea, watching hollywood videos as a compromise!!

Just FYI - none of the zones would be affected... if it comes to pass.
I think a lagoon show would be cool, looked up a 2012 video of the Alice Cooper lagoon show online, liked it. They also had 3 other lagoon performances that year: Psycho, Chucky, and classic Universal monsters.

But I also think deatheaters in knockturn alley would be awesome.