Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cedar Point

Idk but something in the 540’ range would look really nice framing top thrill dragster as you approach the parking lot on the causeway ;).

CP-coasters.jpg

There’s an old cedar point catalog that frames all the rides and has dragster framing power tower perfectly. I just always imagined something in the 500 ft range adding to those delicious layers of epic thrill rides. Hopefully CP comes through, I’d hate to see that I Drive Mangos guy be the first owner of a 500 ft coaster. That right has historically always gone to CP.

Sooo ROUGH now....it needs to bite the bullet....was a good coaster at one time. That lake moisture wrecks havoc.

Blasphemy. Well, not really. I never found it to be rough although it is technically the mine train coaster style on steroids. I mean, it has its bumps (seriously, can't someone sand those rails down?) but I still enjoyed it. I could see maybe damage to the wooden structure playing havoc after 40 years. I would hate to see it taken out.

Of course, I cheered internally when I found out that Mean Screech was on its way out. Heck, I would have brought the marshmallows to burn that coaster down although treated wood isn't the best to cook over.

My boys at ITL say the issue is the ride controls are outdated, due to ADA one side is more worn (if they run only one side it has to be the same side due to the elevator), it rarely duels, and in general it's in bad shape. It takes up a lot of room.

My boys at ITL say the issue is the ride controls are outdated, due to ADA one side is more worn (if they run only one side it has to be the same side due to the elevator), it rarely duels, and in general it's in bad shape. It takes up a lot of room.

That honestly doesn't surprise me at all, regarding its shape, and it does take up a fair amount of space in a park that is trying to squeeze every ounce of room that it can. I remember when it opened, though, and there was no way I was going on it. I was 8 years old and, though fascinated by coasters, was too terrified to try one.

I remember an old commercial that Cedar Point showed in the offseason. It was their coasters covered in snow and basically said that they were only hibernating and waiting for new riders. The Gemini was one of the coasters featured.

Blasphemy. Well, not really. I never found it to be rough although it is technically the mine train coaster style on steroids. I mean, it has its bumps (seriously, can't someone sand those rails down?) but I still enjoyed it. I could see maybe damage to the wooden structure playing havoc after 40 years. I would hate to see it taken out.

Of course, I cheered internally when I found out that Mean Screech was on its way out. Heck, I would have brought the marshmallows to burn that coaster down although treated wood isn't the best to cook over.
UK Trigg and I went on it last year when he was doing his Epic Trip in the states. We rode it and it was ROUGH, just about unrideable. That was both of our opinions. And I like a little roughness in coasters, but not that much. ....That was the first time i rode it in many years. My memories from back then were good, but no more.

Yeah Cedar Fair will sand their steel coasters and it makes a huge difference. When they moved Serial Thriller to Michigan’s Adventure and called it Thunderhawk, they sanded the track down and it’s still to this day one of the best Vekoma SLC’s in the world.

Gemini rough?
Get outta here...lol
I mean...avoid the wheel seats and you're good. I didn't see any reason to tear it down last year. Corkscrew on the other hand (but leave the corkscrews over the midway when taken down)...

Gemini rough?
Get outta here...lol
I mean...avoid the wheel seats and you're good. I didn't see any reason to tear it down last year. Corkscrew on the other hand (but leave the corkscrews over the midway when taken down)...

this is my preferred trick on a number of wood coasters. The Racers and The Beast at KI just pound me to death if I'm sitting towards the back and over the wheels.

When I rode Gemini last Summer, it was fairly smooth, but that’s probably because I wasn’t sitting right above a wheel.

Wouldn’t be devastated to see this coaster leave for a better one though.

Corkscrew should get replaced with a Gerstlauer spinner...and axe Gemini with a B&M flyer.

After that...go for the 500 footer.

Cedar Point would have replaced the garbage coasters and added some great coaster concepts the park currently doesn’t have.