Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Your “Mount Rushmore” of Universal attractions

Shocked and saddened that no one has mentioned F&F Supercrapcharged, hang your heads in shame people! ;)

Forbidden Journey
Spider Man
Mummy
BTTF

Updating since my last trip:

Spiderman at IOA

Revenge of The Mummy

Hagrid Motorbike Adventure

E.T. Adventure

Hagrid's was just so, so special. I still argue its the best ride at the entire resort. Need a few more rides in this coming April!

Mine, based on my love for them above all else:
Hagrids
Horror Makeup Show
Seuss Trolley Train Ride
Gringotts

Honorable mentions to Kong, ET, RipRideRockit and HPATFJ queue

Last edited:
To elaborate and expand on my top four, I decided to categorize my all-time ranking of Universal attractions. Note that to qualify for this list, it must be an attraction (and not a restaurant or store) that is either currently in operation during day hours or at some point operated for at least 365 days (therefore excluding HHN stuff, because that would make things very very very messy) at either Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure or Volcano Bay.

My top 8 are super easy. Lack of gaps represent hair's width differences:

#1--Dueling Dragons (pre-Potter)

#2--Men in Black: Alien Attack
#3--Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

#4--Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (only this low because of the plot, or lack thereof)

#5--Jaws
#6--Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

#7--Back to the Future: The Ride
#8--Universal Horror Makeup Show

After that, there's 11 attractions that I can't pick just two of, heck I have no idea how I would order them. They are, in no particular order (besides counter-clockwise through each park): T2 (at least in its time, was very dated when it closed), ET, Hogwarts Express (my representative of Diagon as a whole, without factoring in the mediocre Gringotts), Disaster, Mummy, One Fish Two Fish (yes really--my representative of Seuss as a whole), Poseidon, River Adventure, Popeye, Te'awa and Kala/Tai Nui.

Last edited:
Forbidden Journey (Hollywood/Osaka/Beijing)
Waterworld (Hollywood/Osaka/Singapore/Beijing)
Studio Tour (Hollywood)
Jaws (Orlando/Osaka)

To go into detail, I label the 4 for how they've evolved and changed things for the industry in their own ways. For Jaws, it was the fact that they went and redid a majority of the overall experience. For Forbidden Journey, it changed the game of motion dark ride/simulators with the use of Kuka Arms continuously moving in a full 3+ minute long circuit track. Waterworld for how it turned what was a stunt show based after one of the worst box office flops in Hollywood, into one of the Park brand's most beloved and iconic of experiences, with 4 locations in total so-far. And The Studio Tour, for just how much it began everything for Universal's endeavor into themed entertainment and how it continually evolved in the manner of decades.

Once Mario Kart opens, Jaws is gonna be kicked off the mountain; but that's how I view this as a Mt. Rushmore.

Yeah, I don't want another Gringotts situation
I feel, honestly the first scene of Gringotts (I saw in last row on 2nd cart) shocked and excited me so much that it made up for any other disappointments I had. I still enjoy the ride frankly, it’s a very thrilling experience and along with the queue to me it’s a winner.

I feel, honestly the first scene of Gringotts (I saw in last row on 2nd cart) shocked and excited me so much that it made up for any other disappointments I had. I still enjoy the ride frankly, it’s a very thrilling experience and along with the queue to me it’s a winner.
It's a good ride and it has some good moments

Gringotts is an objectively good ride on its own. I just think it's WAY too much like Spider-Man and Transformers, right down to recycling some of the very same gags already found in both rides.

From the LOOKS of it, SWGE is the opposite of Diagon--in the former's case, the E-ticket seems to be the land's saving grace. In the latter's case, the E-ticket is the only thing keeping the land from perfection.

From the LOOKS of it, SWGE is the opposite of Diagon--in the former's case, the E-ticket seems to be the land's saving grace. In the latter's case, the E-ticket is the only thing keeping the land from perfection.

Purely judging just the attractions, I'd take Rise and Smuggler's Run over Gringotts and the Hogwarts Express, and it wouldn't even be a difficult decision.

As overall themed lands, Diagon takes the prize, but I do enjoy Galaxy's Edge; I had four solid hours in there back in January, and felt it was time well-spent.