Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

Have no clue what this means as I don’t know if any kind of new ride would be announced like this besides perhaps an Hotel?

The con goes from the 23rd to the 25th, so I'm genuinely curious to see..what they may have that'd be as important for the 22nd.

Part of me is wondering if it's more related to something from 21CF that is big enough to get it's own panel..

It's almost for sure not another Disney theme park in Orlando.

But I do want to mention that this is unprecedented: Universal Orlando has not been able to open a dry theme park without Disney countering with their own. Ok that's only two (USF and IOA) but still, when we're talking about major projects like a theme park that's significant.

I think it could be them finally going into detail for their new cruise ships, as there are suppose to have 2 or 3 more coming out in the next 5 years. I could see that being big enough for them to have an whole hour dedicated because they could announce all the new changes, shows, restaurants on them.

I think it could be them finally going into detail for their new cruise ships, as there are suppose to have 2 or 3 more coming out in the next 5 years. I could see that being big enough for them to have an whole hour dedicated because they could announce all the new changes, shows, restaurants on them.
Pretty sure we'll be getting at least the names of the ships.

That..feels wrong.

Then again, USF has no water rides at all (but a crap-ton of water effects), so..
I actually wouldn’t mind since it’s short and I don’t like getting extremely wet. Also the ride just sucks.

That said, if this is based in truth, it’s a bad decision considering the vast amount of expansion land DAK has and the whole Dinorama disaster.

But it would be cheap because they're already developing the area at the shanghai park: they foot the bill for R&D and domestic parks get a cheaper to produce clone.

So bit of an odd rumor has the DAK announcement as Zootopia replacing Kali Rapids. Replacing as in no more water ride.
Would be another reminder that Disney no longer cares about capacity at Disney World. They prefer you wait longer so you will be forced buy more park/hotel days. Flying to LA becomes a better value every year.

That..feels wrong.

Then again, USF has no water rides at all (but a crap-ton of water effects), so..
Which is a terrible thing in Florida. Every park needs to have at least one water ride. I think both Universal Studios And Hollywood Studios are my least favorite parks in Florida in part because of this. It’s just too hot most of the year and any way to cool off is more than welcome here.

I actually wouldn’t mind since it’s short and I don’t like getting extremely wet. Also the ride just sucks.

That said, if this is based in truth, it’s a bad decision considering the vast amount of expansion land DAK has and the whole Dinorama disaster.

Kali is a odd beast, it's really short for the kind of ride it is, the main (and really only) thing you'll actually get wet by is the drop (and it's a bone drenching amount of water if you do get nailed by it), and besides that there's not much to it at all besides the forced storytelling of deforestation. Popeye is way better (even though you can get far wetter), and Grizzly River Run is leaps ahead as well.

An I also agree that getting rid of this ride would be a bad choice since as mentioned, there's plenty of expansion pads to use, that and Dinorama is something that needs attention far more than taking down Kali.

Splash got me wetter than Kali Rapids....and that ain't sayin much. The Wicked Witch of the West could ride this and not melt. No big loss since it's a wet water ride in name only, you have to hit the rapids lottery drop just right to get wet. . Hopefully, if this is true and not just a rumor, the replacement is a better attraction, water or not.

Last edited: