D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think that would greatly depend on the execution more so the IP.

Perhaps, but I think you kind of have to bend over backwards to force that IP into something relevant to the core messages of the park. And then the question becomes this: would Disney bother to do that? After Frozen Ever After (which could have easily tied into Norway explicitly with a tweak of the storyline), I'm skeptical they would make that effort.

And the bigger question: why would you reach for ZOOTOPIA when you have THE LION KING and THE JUNGLE BOOK at your disposal, both of which would be perfect contenders for rides that would be appropriate for the park without forcing square pegs into round holes?

Except DAK is about real animals, not anthropomorphic animals.

I'd add that the park is also about man's relationship to nature, which is how Pandora is able to slip through fairly unobtrusively.

Come on guys why would believe a stupid rumor like that ? :thud:
No one believed Guardians going into TOT when it was first rumored. But also, how much control/say does Rohde have for projects in DAK? This is something I believe he would fight very heavily, especially since he made those comments on social media after the nondescript coaster quote.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
No one believed Guardians going into TOT when it was first rumored. But also, how much control/say does Rohde have for projects in DAK? This is something I believe he would fight very heavily, especially since he made those comments on social media after the nondescript coaster quote.
I think people are reading too much into these rumors.

Like dragons and aliens and cartoons?
Mythical creatures have always had a place in the park, which originally were to be Dragons and eventually became Pandora. Zootopia would be DAK jumping the shark in terms of theme.

Rohde has very little control in the grand scheme because, as we saw with Pandora, when Bob Iger says to do something, you do it.

Perhaps, but I think you kind of have to bend over backwards to force that IP into something relevant to the core messages of the park. And then the question becomes this: would Disney bother to do that? After Frozen Ever After (which could have easily tied into Norway explicitly with a tweak of the storyline), I'm skeptical they would make that effort.

If you want to get into details, it’s wrong.

But for the average guest, on the surface it makes sense.

Zootopia is about animals. AK is about animals. Match made in heaven probably.

The core park values are now gone from WDW as each park slowly starts to share boundaries with theme.

An animated animal metropolis in animal kingdom seems like a poor idea.
As someone else said, a jungle book or lion king ride would make more sense.
Further more, despite its lack of quality , losing a ride in a park with so few rides, would be a bigger mistake.

Considering what they're doing with Epcot I really don't think that they care about the message of their parks anymore. Id fully expect Zootopia here, whether its right or wrong.
What are they doing with Epcot ???
Because we truly won’t know till D23 which is about two weeks away.

What are they doing with Epcot ???
Because we truly won’t know till D23 which is about two weeks away.
Well, Guardians and Frozen aren’t really on brand with what Epcot was all about. We don’t know details on Guardians however. Nothing is very educational about either, nor is Frozen’s setting a real place but they stuck it into Norway with no connection to the real country at all.

When adding an expansion, they may be looking for something different. To a guest, Lion King and Jungle Book may be 'more of the same.' But Zootopia could bring a bit of variety and sway some people to visit DAK.

Whether the theme of Zootopia fits matters way less then a hundred other variables Disney will be considering, including cost and potential profit.

Last edited:
Well, Guardians and Frozen aren’t really on brand with what Epcot was all about. We don’t know details on Guardians however. Nothing is very educational about either, nor is Frozen’s setting a real place but they stuck it into Norway with no connection to the real country at all.
Epcot hasn’t been like that in a very long time unfortunately. But I think people are speaking a little too prematurely on what the full overhaul actually entails.

Epcot hasn’t been like that in a very long time unfortunately. But I think people are speaking a little too prematurely on what the full overhaul actually entails.

The weird thing about Epcot is that it has been like that for a long time. Not because they've tried to keep it that way but because they haven't put in the time or effort to expand the park.

Now that they're actually building stuff again, the general theme is out the window.

Personally, I don't care. I'm happy enough for Frozen to go into Norway, Rat to go into France, Mary Poppins into the UK. As long as the IP is at least somewhat relevant and they're fun or good additions, I don't have a single issue with it.

The weird thing about Epcot is that it has been like that for a long time. Not because they've tried to keep it that way but because they haven't put in the time or effort to expand the park.

Now that they're actually building stuff again, the general theme is out the window.

Personally, I don't care. I'm happy enough for Frozen to go into Norway, Rat to go into France, Mary Poppins into the UK. As long as the IP is at least somewhat relevant and they're fun or good additions, I don't have a single issue with it.
I can't say I love it but it also doesn't bother me that they're doing it. Now if Wakanda gets added...