Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Well, there's a rumor that would top the ball drop, but that's not what is being discussed as a "third show."

Show 3, I'm guessing is probably the Hogwarts Dark arts show... It has already been announced for this year, but they never got around to announcing when it would take place... It would be neat if they tied it in with the Death Eater show in Diagon.

It would be fun way to tie potter to HHN and get duel park synergy going... If you want to see all the "HNN Potter" you have to have an HHN ticket...

Show 3, I'm guessing is probably the Hogwarts Dark arts show... It has already been announced for this year, but they never got around to announcing when it would take place... It would be neat if they tied it in with the Death Eater show in Diagon.

It would be fun way to tie potter to HHN and get duel park synergy going... If you want to see all the "HNN Potter" you have to have an HHN ticket...

Except Dark Arts would be in IOA.

Also, they did confirm it was coming this Fall so no reason to be secretive either.

Except Dark Arts would be in IOA.

Also, they did confirm it was coming this Fall so no reason to be secretive either.

Must've missed that announcement. I remember them announcing they will be announcing when it is coming sometime later this year, then info about it in IOA just kind of dried up.

Does make me wonder about that Death Eater show though...

Why does everybody jump to conclusions before the event has even opened? You can’t predict anything on how the houses or scarezones will play out. But let me just say its really funny to see people dissing Depths when in reality, as someone who knows quite a bit about this house, this house is terrifying.. Y’all don’t even know what you’re about to see in this house. Everybody thinks they know exactly how Depths will play out and that its going be to just miners every where..NOPE completely wrong. Just wait y’all are in for a real treat with all of the houses this year. :)
I called these predictions.

This isn’t much of a speculative post, but the rumor of the Death Eaters show kind of brought this to mind. It has been talked about before and the general consensus seemed to be that it would show that HHN had officially gone “soft” and not scary anymore. This belief seems to be heavily used this season, with the addition of stuff like Ghostbusters and Us.

On one hand, yeah, some scares land and some don’t. With the ever-increasing attendance, it’s difficult to *really* get an unexpected scare. All of this being said, the world is far more different than it was when the event started. National tragedies were not as prevalent as they are now. Changing the event used to be as simple as simply changing the blood to slime (HHN 11) or replacing one icon with another (HHN 12), but it’s not anymore. Considering Florida is the home to two of the deadliest (including one in the city where HHN takes place), I don’t blame the team one bit for making ideas that perhaps weren’t as extreme as they used to be.

Of course, there are also factors like franchise popularity to take into account for HHN’s shift. I just think this is something that should be thought about more during these discussions on whether or not HHN is for “kids” anymore.

This isn’t much of a speculative post, but the rumor of the Death Eaters show kind of brought this to mind. It has been talked about before and the general consensus seemed to be that it would show that HHN had officially gone “soft” and not scary anymore. This belief seems to be heavily used this season, with the addition of stuff like Ghostbusters and Us.

On one hand, yeah, some scares land and some don’t. With the ever-increasing attendance, it’s difficult to *really* get an unexpected scare. All of this being said, the world is far more different than it was when the event started. National tragedies were not as prevalent as they are now. Changing the event used to be as simple as simply changing the blood to slime (HHN 11) or replacing one icon with another (HHN 12), but it’s not anymore. Considering Florida is the home to two of the deadliest (including one in the city where HHN takes place), I don’t blame the team one bit for making ideas that perhaps weren’t as extreme as they used to be.

Of course, there are also factors like franchise popularity to take into account for HHN’s shift. I just think this is something that should be thought about more during these discussions on whether or not HHN is for “kids” anymore.
The people complaining about HHN going too soft have normally never been to an actually intense haunted house

Also, many people have been going to HHN since they were young, and, it's easier to be scared then in my opinion.

To add to HHN's defense, the only massive change I've seen at the event since HHN 13 (when I started) has been in marketing and the houses getting astonishingly more detailed...It's still the same event, just more people know about it now

Also, if you want "scary" there are several haunted corn mazes up north that are the true definition of terror

Last edited:

I think WB and Fox have more to do with it than anything.

The Ghostbusters lanyard is sick. I’m definitely in for one of those. I’ve always gotten the lanyard every year and this might be one of the best so far.

I thunk it is safe to say that US will bea lot like happy death day since the actors will all wear the same red jumpsuits over and over,

And i think i can predict that US will be the least scary house of this year as well. Even if the sets are good which i doubt, it will be happy death day all over again

Like the love baby of Happy death day and Halloween house #4 or 6 or whatever it was.

People in jumpsuits with sharp things jumping out.

Little late, but if that GB lanyard is also T-shirt, then its an instant buy for me! The colors on it are vibrant and beautiful and fits well with 80s vibe. Hopefully we get the same thing in Hollywood.

The people complaining about HHN going too soft have normally never been to an actually intense haunted house

Also, many people have been going to HHN since they were young, and, it's easier to be scared then in my opinion.

To add to HHN's defense, the only massive change I've seen at the event since HHN 13 (when I started) has been in marketing and the houses getting astonishingly more detailed...It's still the same event, just more people know about it now

Also, if you want "scary" there are several haunted corn mazes up north that are the true definition of terror

THIS. They should go to one of the mazes where people will actually crawl out from under a bed, grab them, and drag them back under the bed with them.