Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal can easily fix itself if it just added one water ride and maybe 2 more indoor dark rides similar to E.T. The park would be way more balanced. USF really lacks family rides.
Wholeheartedly agree. ET should stay. It's the last classic left, and it's a great Peter Pan esque attraction. The relevance of ET doesn't really matter all that much. He's an alien that take you to his planet, that doesn't need much explanation to people unfamiliar with the property. Retheme the queue with an outdoor forest and get rid of Spielberg.

USF now has 3 flying theater style attractions and and one bargain bin 4D theater. Simpsons should have been a dark ride. They definitely need to balance that with more dark rides that everyone can enjoy, and a water ride would be the perfect cherry to balance the park (pretty much the point of my kidzone post a little while ago).

Last edited:
Wholeheartedly agree. ET should stay. It's the last classic left, and it's a great Peter Pan esque attraction. The relevance of ET doesn't really matter all that much. He's an alien that take you to his planet, that doesn't need much explanation to people unfamiliar with the property. Retheme the queue with an outdoor forest and get rid of Spielberg.

USF now has 3 flying theater style attractions and and one bargain bin 4D theater. Simpsons should have been a dark ride. They definitely need to balance that with more dark rides that everyone can enjoy, and a water ride would be the perfect cherry to balance the park (pretty much the point of my kidzone post a little while ago).
Nailed it

I think the combo of Spielberg, Screenz feedback, and securing the new property has saved ET...It may be the first timeless attraction that Universal keeps around

I hope at least it gets an overhaul sometime before then

It's really hard to tell, the original parks are still somewhat out of space, but they have the new property that will change the replacement game a bit
E.T. deserves an update. Not an overhaul just some small updates. Remove the Spielberg section and maybe update some animatronics.

I believe E.T. will stay for another 10-15 years

The larger end of that estimate puts at operating for 44 years. That's nearly the duration Peter Pan's Flight has been operating in Magic Kingdom. Given the relevance of the ET franchise (nearly nil at this point in time), I'd say enjoy every ride you get on it.

I say gut ET and use the space to build a Universal Classic Movies Ride with scenes from ET, Jaws, BTTF, Psycho, Terminator, etc.

These are all absolutely fantastic movies that created some exciting theme park attractions, but they have had their time in the theme park spotlight and I would rather Universal bring new ideas rather than rehash what has been done before.

Well would you rather have something like that replace ET or give all that space to Pokémon? I think in the near future, ET and Pokémon will operate congruently. Long term, ET will get cut.

These are all absolutely fantastic movies that created some exciting theme park attractions, but they have had their time in the theme park spotlight and I would rather Universal bring new ideas rather than rehash what has been done before.

For me, the classic Universal IPs are sorely missing from the parks. I’d like to see them represented in the parks in more ways than Easter eggs and a few prop vehicles.

As far as something like that taking over ET, I’d like to see it happen. Of all the classic attractions, ET was always my least favorite, and it’s currently operating in a pretty rough state.