Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

You mean 'Ohana'

I should mention I have not been to one of these but know people who have and there was or is a documentary on Netflix

The couch moment is at 1:39.

Haunters is a great documentary.

You could also watch American Scream to see the other side of dedicated scare fans...especially the gentlemen starting at 1:10 below.

I feel like most local haunts are "scarier" because they don't have to deal with 30k attendees? (I don't even know if that's an accurate number) per night... A lot of local haunts I've done the line takes forever, but that's because they pulse you in really small groups...so you truly are wandering into these pitch black/quiet rooms with only your party... so there is a lot more tension... I think HHN does a great job with what their given. It's a conga line, but they do a great job at timing the scares so you are still likely to get a few good frights

The one thing that they do that I HATE (but I feel like they have gotten better at over the past years) is the occasional overzealous OPS team member rushing you through the maze and breaking the mood. In our first visit in 2013 this was terrible!

There's a local haunted event near orlando where the actors can touch ( and shove) you if you choose to.

Before entering, you are given the choice to wear a glow in the dark necklace, if you wear it, every actor will touch you and even grab you away from your group.
People say ut is very scary

There's a local haunted event near orlando where the actors can touch ( and shove) you if you choose to.

Before entering, you are given the choice to wear a glow in the dark necklace, if you wear it, every actor will touch you and even grab you away from your group.
Oh man, that sounds great

I believe you are referring to Screamageddon.

Haunters is a great documentary.

You could also watch American Scream to see the other side of dedicated scare fans...especially the gentlemen starting at 1:10 below.

Loved American Scream. Showed that whether you are an expert or amateur anyone can make some fun props for Halloween.

Inspired me this year to try making some of my own. Nothing fancy, but it's a lot of fun, and cheaper than shop bought

So I purchased Express for the first time for Wednesday, October 2nd. In all of your experiences, just how much better is it with Express?
MUCH better. We have gotten through all of the mazes in one night with express the past two years and we had plenty of time to check out scare zones and see Academy of Villains.

If you have Stay and Scream and have favorites picked out, don't use your express for those one or two so you can go back through them later with no problem.

I'll be there the 2nd, as well.

Last edited:
So I purchased Express for the first time for Wednesday, October 2nd. In all of your experiences, just how much better is it with Express?

I think the promise is you should expect your wait time to be cut in half. I think it's like that to keep people from complaining too much for when it's super busy.

Often time a 90min posted wait time will be less than 10min. Other lines, particularly ones that have the merge point much earlier in the line will be closer to a 30min wait. Stranger Things had a 150min posted wait time last year and we waited maybe 15min with express, and when we were exiting the wait time had been bumped up to 180min. Then the next night, we expected the same short wait and it was like 30min with a 2 hour posted wait time. A couple years ago with the Chance 3D house we got in line at the same time as this guy with a giant tophat (so couldn't miss him) and they went regular line and we went express. The guy beat us in the house by about 5min as there was no line at all and we had to wait for everybody to get their tickets scanned when it was raining and slowing down the process. That's just from my experience, but I go in Sept every year so it might change later in the event.

Our rule of thumb was if it was 30min or under, we wouldn't use our express and would save it for later in the night if we wanted to do it again. But in our old age, we just use it to feel like we got our money's worth since we rarely do any houses more than once any more. A 30min line with express is basically a walk on.

Do yourself and everybody a favor and get a lanyard and put your express ticket in it so that you have it ready...nothing pisses off the people behind you more than when you have a group fumbling through their wallets and purses looking for their tickets like they were surprised they had to be scanned. When we did Ash vs Evil dead one time, we all had our tickets ready to be scanned and literally didn't break stride from the time we entered the never-ending queue until we walked out of the house.

It's no biggie... we've always done one night only without express so we are getting two nights this year (due to the promo) so we are going to have twice the amount of time to tackle HHN29 so I think we should be good... If I was a local I would consider it but I'm already spending over a thousand dollars on this vacation (going for a week) and that isn't counting any food, souvenirs, additional activities etc... I have to draw the line somewhere!!!! Suze Orman is having a seizure somewhere because I have no business going on this trip in the first place .. :eek:ut:

But YOLO/Treat Yo Self