Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

If anything, Disney+ appears to be the lifeline that Lucasfilm drastically needed after it became clear that there wasn't much of a market left for their anthology films.

Star Wars will always have a place in theaters, but now they can make as much content as they want to while releasing movies at a 1 per 2 years kind of pace, which is the pace they should've kept from the beginning.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Rian Johnson trilogy never happens or gets converted to a Disney+ series (maybe a multi-season series). I think it'll just muddy the waters trying to release 2 separate trilogies at the same time.

2022/2024/2026 for next trilogy followed by another in 2028 or 2029 makes way more sense to me. You can keep Star Wars fresh for each generation that way.

Kind of crazy that they announced anything for Disney+ right before D23.

Disney+ is the next big thing for the company, so I would think there would be some major announcements at D23. Not sure what they can announce at this point.

Kind of crazy that they announced anything for Disney+ right before D23.

Disney+ is the next big thing for the company, so I would think there would be some major announcements at D23. Not sure what they can announce at this point.
Friday at 3:30 PST is a Disney+ panel on the scale of the Movie or Parks panel.

I think we're going to get A LOT of show trailers.

Yeah, I sincerely think we're going to get almost of a E3 level of trailers attached to the panel.

With how close we are getting, there may be some room for fluff, but I doubt it'll be that much. I also think we're going to see some reveals for projects down the road, to further entice people that Disney wants it to be a proper platform (whether or not it's Obi-Wan in one of those announcements, I would bet on some surprises).

Feels like it'll be a rehash of everything that they've announced so far. Maybe an official kick-off of the marketing campaign, which I guess is exciting?
I'm sure there'll be a couple more shows formally announced for Disney+ like the Star Wars Obi Wan show and some things we may not have heard about yet.

I don't think they've filmed many of the shows.

The Mandeloriean is in production, so they'll definitely be a trailer for that, at the least.

They'll 100% have trailers for the shows that will launch on Nov 12th, and there's a few of them. In addition to Lady and the Tramp.

‘Book Of Enchantment’ Disney+ TV Series About Disney Villains Not Going Forward – Deadline

Book of Enchantment likely faced more intense scrutiny than other Disney+ shows because of its IP involving characters that are very important to the Disney canon. I hear as backup scripts started to come in, executives at the streaming platform felt the series was going into a darker direction than anticipated.

Disney brass have been open about the brand identity of Disney+ as family-oriented service, something all of its programming has to conform with. In the spring, Disney+’s High Fidelity series reboot starring Zoë Kravitz moved to Hulu because the project had evolved creatively into more adult subject matter. Disney+’s upcoming High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, switched showrunners and made creative changes earlier this year in part because the original showrunner was looking to tackle more adult themes.

‘Book Of Enchantment’ Disney+ TV Series About Disney Villains Not Going Forward – Deadline

Book of Enchantment likely faced more intense scrutiny than other Disney+ shows because of its IP involving characters that are very important to the Disney canon. I hear as backup scripts started to come in, executives at the streaming platform felt the series was going into a darker direction than anticipated.

Disney brass have been open about the brand identity of Disney+ as family-oriented service, something all of its programming has to conform with. In the spring, Disney+’s High Fidelity series reboot starring Zoë Kravitz moved to Hulu because the project had evolved creatively into more adult subject matter. Disney+’s upcoming High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, switched showrunners and made creative changes earlier this year in part because the original showrunner was looking to tackle more adult themes.
The whole family-friendly nature that all Disney+ shows must adhere to is one of the clear negatives to me, but with Disney, that's just sort of them being protective of their brand I guess.

I do wish that they would just do like Netflix does and have accounts that can show "family friendly" content only (kids accounts) or accounts that will show you everything, including shows that may dip into more mature themes. Do I expect a show on Disney+ to have nudity or anything like that? Of course not. But it would be nice if they would allow at least SOME creative liberties to show-runners to go more mature.

To those concerned about the IT department... Buckle up for launch day if the demo can’t even work 3 months out.

I need a trailer for this Jeff Goldblum show (although I feel like it's more of a talk show). Hopefully we get something today.

I love the cast for Noelle. Again, need a trailer.

Mandalorian poster looks epic: