Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Price Increase Thread

This seems aimed at people who would otherwise be buying a one park pass for whatever reason, or the families that like to sleep in and don't show up to the park until late anyway (which there's a market for). Even at a 25% savings or so, say a family of four bought this for a 4-day park hopper option (saving ~25% per person). The total savings would come out around $320+ in savings for a family that doesn't normally go early enough to justify the extra cost.

That's a decent savings.

To me this is a HUGE admission by Disney that they are overpriced. I'm stunned this is essentially a straight ratioed ticket, 25% less time for 25% less money.

Early risers find it hard to believe, but many people don't like waking up at 7 am on vacation. Especially during the fall with Halloween events and late EMH. This ticket stuns me. The first chink in the armor, perhaps, and proof they are NOT happy with decreased attendance at higher entry fees. I don't know why Disney doesn't just give deals like Universal. Universal never fights the idea. They always match Disney's price increases, without getting the press that, yeah 1 day is the same, but for longer stays, Universal gets MUCH cheaper than Disney.

I can't imagine more than 50% of visitors are at parks open to close anyway. This ticket is a HUGE deal to all of them.

This seems aimed at people who would otherwise be buying a one park pass for whatever reason, or the families that like to sleep in and don't show up to the park until late anyway (which there's a market for). Even at a 25% savings or so, say a family of four bought this for a 4-day park hopper option (saving ~25% per person). The total savings would come out around $320+ in savings for a family that doesn't normally go early enough to justify the extra cost.

That's a decent savings.
Agreed. This may be for the people that just wanna go to Disney for a cheap price, Because anybody with a plan knows those first three hours may not seem like it on paper, but in fact are crucial:lol:

Agreed. This may be for the people that just wanna go to Disney for a cheap price, Because anybody with a plan knows those first three hours may not seem like it on paper, but in fact are crucial:lol:

Not any more. FP+ and EMH ruined the whole "mornings are great". I doubt morning crowds are any significantly better than night crowds now. Plus, the last 3 hours are definitely cooler than the first three.

Not any more. FP+ and EMH ruined the whole "mornings are great". I doubt morning crowds are any significantly better than night crowds now. Plus, the last 3 hours are definitely cooler than the first three.
If you take rope dropping seriously, you can do some damage before noon. But the majority of people dont so they probably feel like you lol.

I just realized this doesn't exist for a 1-Day option....Interesting
It's not a bad option for late risers on short 2 or 3 or 4 day stays when the good My Magic rates haven't kicked in at 6 plus days. I'd guess those who get to parks late is a pretty large percentage since the Disney & Universal parks don't get real crowded until 11, 12, or 1 O'Clock.

This isn't just a bad take, but it's factually wrong.

I can knock out FoP x2, NRJ, Everest (3-4x), Dinosaur and Safari in the first two hours with ease. Every time and with young children in tow.
Try doing that from 8pm-10pm with only 2 fast passes at your disposal.

Even at MK we usually get 7 or 8 D & E ticket rides in before noon. I don't start my fastpasses until then.

Even at MK we usually get 7 or 8 D & E ticket rides in before noon. I don't start my fastpasses until then.

I'm usually on my 7th or 8th FP by noon :lol:

Last edited:

I can knock out FoP x2, NRJ, Everest (3-4x), Dinosaur and Safari in the first two hours with ease. Every time and with young children in tow.

Which of the two explanations is correct? :lol:

It's not a bad option for late risers on short 2 or 3 or 4 day stays when the good My Magic rates haven't kicked in at 6 plus days. I'd guess those who get to parks late is a pretty large percentage since the Disney & Universal parks don't get real crowded until 11, 12, or 1 O'Clock.
I do know that a good number of folks take advantage of early park admission at Universal...Not sure about Disney (or if they even have the option)

It could be a better route for them to tier out the day in terms of admission to allow for cheaper tickets to be purchased the later that you go ensuring the park is full the entire day relatively.

Not sure anyone is saying AK rides can't be easy to get on during off season in the mornings. I wasn't aware FoP no longer had a throng of people waiting every morning.

I simply don't believe you are riding 8 big rides in 3 hours in a morning at MK unless it's in mid January. Hell, back in the FP- days that would have been tough simply because of walking and ride lengths. I guess all the posts of MK being miserable all the time are just wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask yourself if modern Disney would willingly do anything that would actually lower the cost for some guests or give a certain cheaper ticket a meaningful advantage and the answer is NO. Showing up at MK at rope drop on a non EMH day is better than actual morning EMH since the park is overall less crowded those days. Same applies for most all the parks since people are cutting out park hoppers as prices increase. Disney is once again trying to make a "deal" for idiots and I hope at some point it stops working.

Ask yourself if modern Disney would willingly do anything that would actually lower the cost for some guests or give a certain cheaper ticket a meaningful advantage and the answer is NO. Showing up at MK at rope drop on a non EMH day is better than actual morning EMH since the park is overall less crowded those days. Same applies for most all the parks since people are cutting out park hoppers as prices increase. Disney is once again trying to make a "deal" for idiots and I hope at some point it stops working.
:thud:

You're missing the point.

Some people just don't want to show up at rope drop or know their family isn't the kind to wake up early on vacation. So why would they then spend the extra money to get in before noon if they know they won't be there then anyway? This is not a bad ticket option.

Not sure anyone is saying AK rides can't be easy to get on during off season in the mornings. I wasn't aware FoP no longer had a throng of people waiting every morning.

I simply don't believe you are riding 8 big rides in 3 hours in a morning at MK unless it's in mid January. Hell, back in the FP- days that would have been tough simply because of walking and ride lengths. I guess all the posts of MK being miserable all the time are just wrong?
Myself, I've always been to MK in October or May. I get 7 to 8 D/E tickets just about every trip to MK. I don't go during extra magic morning hours, just regular days. I always start in the left side with Adventureland, and then Frontierland and so on, since Tomorrowland & Fantasy Land get the initial rush of rope drop guests. That strategy has always worked for us.

Myself, I've always been to MK in October or May. I get 7 to 8 D/E tickets just about every trip to MK. I don't go during extra magic morning hours, just regular days. I always start in the left side with Adventureland, and then Frontierland and so on, since Tomorrowland & Fantasy Land get the initial rush of rope drop guests. That strategy has always worked for us.

You shouldn't be responding to me then. I was calling out the person saying they got 7 or 8 BY NOON.

Still don't believe it, unless it is in what is left of the off season, or includes EMH time, or are mostly D's. Or is doing something most can't do, like know a CM.