Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 514 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's no biggie... we've always done one night only without express so we are getting two nights this year (due to the promo) so we are going to have twice the amount of time to tackle HHN29 so I think we should be good... If I was a local I would consider it but I'm already spending over a thousand dollars on this vacation (going for a week) and that isn't counting any food, souvenirs, additional activities etc... I have to draw the line somewhere!!!! Suze Orman is having a seizure somewhere because I have no business going on this trip in the first place .. :eek:ut:

But YOLO/Treat Yo Self
I feel this haha. Now that we live in North FL it becomes a big thing. Gotta get the hotel, travel, food, boarding our pups, etc. I'd love to get Express (and am still considering the after 10 if my group wants to do it, but with so many people going with us this year it adds some difficulty). but it's already a lot haha.
To be honest, I've gone the last 7 years and have never had Express. Up until last year we've gotten every house done (unless we purposely skipped a house, which was rare). Last year we went with a first-timer, and between easing them into it plus the Stranger Things line, that killed the streak lol. But we still got 7 houses done with many breaks and drink stops. We also puttered around in Diagon Alley for a bit. If we had hit it hard, we easily could have hit at least 9/10 houses. It's possible, just not very leisurely. Every year the crowds increase (or so it seems) and the temptation to get Express also increases, but as long as you prioritize it's fine.
On a speculation note, I am really hoping for a cotton candy type of snack or drink. I'm not one to get the specialty drinks, but I'd get a cotton candy Killer Klowns drink...

It's no biggie... we've always done one night only without express so we are getting two nights this year (due to the promo) so we are going to have twice the amount of time to tackle HHN29 so I think we should be good... If I was a local I would consider it but I'm already spending over a thousand dollars on this vacation (going for a week) and that isn't counting any food, souvenirs, additional activities etc... I have to draw the line somewhere!!!! Suze Orman is having a seizure somewhere because I have no business going on this trip in the first place .. :eek:ut:

But YOLO/Treat Yo Self

This is my sentiment. I'm gonna have 4 nights to do everything so I should be fine.

Reactions: jrn14
I was going to do two nights but I am going to a music festival the weekend before in Atlanta so I had to cut my HHN trip short to just one night like the past 2 years, so express is a must.

Reactions: jrn14
On a speculation note, I am really hoping for a cotton candy type of snack or drink. I'm not one to get the specialty drinks, but I'd get a cotton candy Killer Klowns drink...

Especially if it is a red, cotton candy-flavored drink that can come in a souvenir cup that resembles a cotton candy cocoon with a bloody face protruding from it.

Reactions: faceleg and rinacee
Especially if it is a red, cotton candy-flavored drink that can come in a souvenir cup that resembles a cotton candy cocoon with a bloody face protruding from it.
I want a crazy straw at least! I'd prefer an alcoholic drink, but even a cotton candy slush like the candy corn one would be cool to see.

Reactions: NathanC
MUCH better. We have gotten through all of the mazes in one night with express the past two years and we had plenty of time to check out scare zones and see Academy of Villains.

If you have Stay and Scream and have favorites picked out, don't use your express for those one or two so you can go back through them later with no problem.

I'll be there the 2nd, as well.
Maybe see ya there! We alwayysss do Stay and Scream and we already discussed not using Express for the first few houses.

And yes, we always have lanyards with our tickets in them. ;)

Reactions: NathanC
Or at all...
It wouldn’t be open again this year if that was the case:grin:
When do we think the commercial will come out?
Last years was the last Monday of August, so next week sometime?
My guess is it comes out Sunday since @Legacy said on the Hollywood page “Sunday should be fun”. I know this is Orlando and he said that about Hollywood but a house announcement is odd on a Sunday and the commercial will be for both Orlando and Hollywood.

It wouldn’t be open again this year if that was the case:grin:

My guess is it comes out Sunday since @Legacy said on the Hollywood page “Sunday should be fun”. I know this is Orlando and he said that about Hollywood but a house announcement is odd on a Sunday and the commercial will be for both Orlando and Hollywood.
Who said I was referring to this Sunday?

Who said I was referring to this Sunday?
tenor.gif