Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Went on for my second ride today. Posted wait time 180 minutes, actual wait time 1 hour and 22 minutes. This was also the first time I went in the sidecar and first time in the main queue. The queue was what it was. I was pretty underwhelmed by it tbh.

As far as the ride, it didn’t break down once during my entire wait. I feel like I enjoyed the ride more from the side car, but I need more rides to form a more complete opinion.

I feel like the queue is a bit of a let down, especially after what we've seen they can do w/ FJ, Gringotts, and even (shudder) F&F.

It really is kind of dull, expect for those two rooms.
FJ, Flight of the Passage, and Gringotts are the model for how an e ticket attraction queue should look. They are probably 3 of the best queues in the world. I do like several other queues at Universal as well, including F&F, Transformers, and Fallon.

Hagrids was mostly refurbished from the Dragon Challenge / Dueling Dragon queue to save money. It would have taken more time and cost more to build a queue to the level of quality of FJ / Gringotts.

With that being said, the queue for Hagrids is significantly better than some other recent attractions (I'd say it's on par with Skull Island):

FJ, Flight of the Passage, and Gringotts are the model for how an e ticket attraction queue should look. They are probably 3 of the best queues in the world. I do like several other queues at Universal as well, including F&F, Transformers, and Fallon.

Hagrids was mostly refurbished from the Dragon Challenge / Dueling Dragon queue to save money. It would have taken more time and cost more to build a queue to the level of quality of FJ / Gringotts.

With that being said, the queue for Hagrids is significantly better than some other recent attractions (I'd say it's on par with Skull Island):

I absolutely agree with you and I’m not sure what people were expecting with this queue considering that fact it was repurposed.

Also, in theory, Hagrid’s line is supposed to be constantly moving. Obviously, capacity is not near theoretical at this point so it’s more stop and go than anticipated. I think Hagrid having a sparser queue than Gringotts makes sense.

Universal was really trying to wow with FJ when it opened and that queue certainly did it. But nowadays, with the constant flow of the queue, all the details and preshows either hold up the line or get skipped over much of the time. So it makes sense to me they thought Hagrid would be the same way.

What seems unaccounted for is weather, which is the obvious key difference. Because when I’ve been in line for Hagrid and it’s running well, after the preshow, i’ve breezed right through the whole interior queue. In those instances, the queue is great for what it needs to do. But when I’ve been stuck in the caves during weather... it’s easy to hate the queue lol.

I think It’s a solid queue, it just has a lot working against it: A) being compared to other the world class potter queues B) guests getting stuck bc of weather C) Dueling Dragons/Dragons Challenge long and emotional queue history lol

The Hagrid queue was just fine for me, the only thing I didn't like were the caves (granted I had to sit in one for like an hour)

I like the idea of a queue being somewhat simple and including very light effects at most, so as not to show all of the cards too early....An issue I think Gringotts and Kong have for instance

I think the queue is fine enough, not the greatest, the caves is prob the only part I truly criticize though luckily I didn't get stuck in there for too long. That said obviously, have no real desire to go through it again on future trips versus doing the single rider line.

I'd like to confirm that the left side fluff head (or the one you see first when approaching fluffy on the ride) does not work. 2 Saturdays in a row, it has not worked. Maybe it was just coincidence, but after talking with some trusted people, I guess that and many other little things in the ride are broken, but they are waiting to fix them until the crowds die down.

I'd like to confirm that the left side fluff head (or the one you see first when approaching fluffy on the ride) does not work. 2 Saturdays in a row, it has not worked. Maybe it was just coincidence, but after talking with some trusted people, I guess that and many other little things in the ride are broken, but they are waiting to fix them until the crowds die down.

At least it can actually be fixed, unlike a certain other animatronic.