Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Some discussion over on Magic has produced the following information about the future of the Imagination Pavilion:

- There are concepts in development that are based around Figment.
- There are parties within the company who know that the fourth iteration of Imagination is important to get right.
- There are no guarantees the Figment-centric concept is the leading contender, nor that anything is imminent.
- Many factors appear to be up in the air.

I'm at least heartened that some people within Disney are fighting for Figment to remain the key anchor of Imagination.

Some discussion over on Magic has produced the following information about the future of the Imagination Pavilion:

- There are concepts in development that are based around Figment.
- There are parties within the company who know that the fourth iteration of Imagination is important to get right.
- There are no guarantees the Figment-centric concept is the leading contender, nor that anything is imminent.
- Many factors appear to be up in the air.

I'm at least heartened that some people within Disney are fighting for Figment to remain the key anchor of Imagination.
I think Disney realizes that Figment is a big IP himself and he sells a lot of merch. If they get rid of Figment from the pavilion, I assume it's because they found a way to keep him around in a meaningful way elsewhere. I can't imagine Inside Out is a big merch IP so Figment has to be considered.

I think Disney realizes that Figment is a big IP himself and he sells a lot of merch. If they get rid of Figment from the pavilion, I assume it's because they found a way to keep him around in a meaningful way elsewhere. I can't imagine Inside Out is a big merch IP so Figment has to be considered.

In addition to his own, they've also slapped him on Food & Wine AND the Arts festival merch so there's no way he doesn't sell. Now imagine if he was tied to a good ride..

Probably the new Festival Center with the rumored "rooftop bar." At least it looks lush and not generic or sterile.

Also, with credit to the Magic forums, here are the posters hanging up in the Epcot area at D23...
f0724122-e091-4d9f-b852-ea70cd6ef5f6-jpeg.400884

c7802ad2-a300-40d8-adaa-2a06b9b0991b-jpeg.400885

a39bc61c-f19f-4906-8f18-7dfc76d2ea45-jpeg.400886
80750696-ebff-490a-9901-aac1e14baeb3-jpeg.400887

I both love these and find them distasteful. The retro style applied throughout, complete with vibrant colors, is GORGEOUS. They push a lot of nostalgic buttons even for the "modern" attractions. I'd buy a set of prints immediately if they were offered.

But it's also so transparently dishonest. Disney's trying to say, "See, everything fits together! It all belongs in Epcot!" Nah.

Probably the new Festival Center with the rumored "rooftop bar." At least it looks lush and not generic or sterile.

Also, with credit to the Magic forums, here are the posters hanging up in the Epcot area at D23...
f0724122-e091-4d9f-b852-ea70cd6ef5f6-jpeg.400884

c7802ad2-a300-40d8-adaa-2a06b9b0991b-jpeg.400885

a39bc61c-f19f-4906-8f18-7dfc76d2ea45-jpeg.400886
80750696-ebff-490a-9901-aac1e14baeb3-jpeg.400887

I both love these and find them distasteful. The retro style applied throughout, complete with vibrant colors, is GORGEOUS. They push a lot of nostalgic buttons even for the "modern" attractions. I'd buy a set of prints immediately if they were offered.

But it's also so transparently dishonest. Disney's trying to say, "See, everything fits together! It all belongs in Epcot!" Nah.
So a couple things:
1.) Poster seems to confirm Play Pavilion will simply be called "Play!"

2.) New Fireworks, Remy, GotG and Play all have posters.

3.) There are two "To be revealed" places, meaning there is likely two big things announced on Sunday for Epcot whether they be rides, attractions or a country.

Last edited:
October 1st is the first night of the new Epcot nighttime show, so maybe they just mean the first of the changes happens on that date?
:doh:

That's probably EXACTLY what it's meaning looking at it again. I know that poster (obviously with different text) was used to promote EPCOT Center's opening in '82 and all that, so I just jumped the gun knowing that there's a planned redo to SSE coming up (that I kinda expect to be announced on Sunday).

Really curious to see how the Mad Tea Party fits into all of this. Funny, looking back on the old blue sky art, if you look all the way to the left, you can actually see a hedge maze I never noticed before, but now make more sense. Though, I can’t find a maze in the new art, so I’m assuming the tea party is just the evolution of that idea.

Really curious to see how the Mad Tea Party fits into all of this. Funny, looking back on the old blue sky art, if you look all the way to the left, you can actually see a hedge maze I never noticed before, but now make more sense. Though, I can’t find a maze in the new art, so I’m assuming the tea party is just the evolution of that idea.

I didn't even notice that. Looking at it though, somehow my mind jumped to the roof of the festival building. Probably wrong, but would be interesting.

Also, let me just say I hate how Future World is now Asymmetrical. I wish they would tear down Innoventions East while they're at it and just build another QSR elsewhere and I guess they could leave MouseGears. But West now is gonna look like a lite-forest while East is a concrete wasteland.

That 4th image cracks me up. It looks like the girl is being dragged away by the strange purple woman as she screams for help from her dad.