Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Could still be a surprise component of the announcement, you never know at this point.

At the very least, that piece of art would make an awesome maze concept.

So I ended up making a mobile wallpaper using the Website art. Thought I'd share it here for anyone interested in using it.
OHP8Xg0.jpg

The Sunday thing is Church. If you go to HHN on Sunday, you must first attend mass. I mean, there are scaractors and boo pews, but it's pretty much just Church other than that. Ok, I'll frack off back to Orlando now.

I thought this might be a fun topic to discuss relating to the shows: do we think the inclusion of more mazes may limit entertainment, or not affect it since the employee prices are still less than running full Terror Tram?

I thought this might be a fun topic to discuss relating to the shows: do we think the inclusion of more mazes may limit entertainment, or not affect it since the employee prices are still less than running full Terror Tram?

I mean, it's two full mazes instead of a Terror Tram. I have no idea how much money the decision saves/spends in comparison.

On the one hand:

- Operations, Tram Drivers, increased security, increased blackouts etc. are all gone from the ledgers
- Terror Tram requires something like 100-ish scare-actors between chainsaws, Bates Motel and especially War of the Worlds in total, whereas a maze might involve ~30.
- Terror Tram arguably has more scenic you have to set up, what with building some sets in the Bates Motel, building some sets on the runup to War of the Worlds, the sheet maze, and in recent years, a final gauntlet at the end.
- The fact that they are including a DJ this time around is a pretty good indication of where operations thinks the budget is at.

On the other hand:

- Who knows how much more it costs to build a maze with a facade and jumpscare buttons and all the other stuff.
- We've heard whispers of black walls in Us already
- A lot of the sets, costumes, etc. in the Tram were reused assets, so they didn't have the cost of new sets (then again, it still costs alot to actually pay contractors to build them)