Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

Unbelievable.

What's the limit? I just went to a minor league baseball game and spent $10 for a beer. Three times. After I knew how much it was.

It's like a game of chicken now. And I have no idea how much is too much for a Dragon Scale. When will that little angel on my shoulder say "Enough!"? $24, $100? It is getting out of hand, and I only have myself to blame.

Ugh...

I don't know if it's been reported yet, but Butterbeer now costs $8. It's a shame since I used to get it every day I visited the park; now it's a once-in-a-while drink.
I don't mind the price as long as they keep using the Butterbeer profits to build great things....like Diagon/London, Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, & Hagrids coaster. :cheers:

Universal will offer alcoholic versions of Butterbeer.

Jo says no.

I think this is where I draw the line with Butterbeer. Hard to really justify $8 for fancy cream soda. I'll spend half that on some Butterbeer fudge, instead!

I haven't bought a Butterbeer in years. Just not worth it. Would rather get some ice cream from Fortesque's or a beer for basically the same price.

Doubtful as they don't want to confuse guests....and people actually like Butterbeer

What do you mean by confuse guests? I've tried the blue and green milk and am not a fan of it. It was fun to try, but not something I'd ever order again, with or without alcohol. I absolutely love Butterbeer, but at $8, it's more likely to be a rare treat than something I'd get every visit.

Jo says no.

I don't know if she'd ever approve of it, but let's say she did. Why would anyone oppose to adding an alcoholic version to the menu?

Why put alcohol in something you’re already getting alcoholic drink prices for?

The margins on that $0.50 Slurpee are incredible.

Adding a shot of something like Butterscotch Schnapps or even Vodka and charging $14-16 would almost double your margins.

I don't know if she'd ever approve of it, but let's say she did. Why would anyone oppose to adding an alcoholic version to the menu?

She absolutely would not approve it.

But I have an issue with making a drink designed for children alcoholic in an official sense. Personally I'm not a fan of them doing it to Blue Milk either.

What do you mean by confuse guests? I've tried the blue and green milk and am not a fan of it. It was fun to try, but not something I'd ever order again, with or without alcohol. I absolutely love Butterbeer, but at $8, it's more likely to be a rare treat than something I'd get every visit.
Butterbeer in the books was alcoholic, but Universal has fought to communicate that Butterbeer is for everyone and they have been successful at it since everyone buys it. With introducing an alcoholic version, they would be opening up to potential missed sales by people thinking "AlL BuTTErbeEr iS ALchOhOlic NoW". Not to mention beer is in the name.

The Blue Green Milk thing is stupid as Disney just needs to admit it has a terrible drink rather than pouring booze into it. The drink needs to be re-designed and re-flavored.

Considering Disney now offers alcoholic versions of the blue/green milk, maybe Universal will offer alcoholic versions of Butterbeer.

Universal is so paranoid about underage people consuming alcohol they won’t let you buy a shot of fire whiskey and butterbeer at the same time without them wanting to see you take the shot there. There’s no way they’re going to offer an alcoholic version just for that reason. Let alone they’ve had nearly a decade to add one and haven’t yet.

Universal is so paranoid about underage people consuming alcohol they won’t let you buy a shot of fire whiskey and butterbeer at the same time without them wanting to see you take the shot there. There’s no way they’re going to offer an alcoholic version just for that reason. Let alone they’ve had nearly a decade to add one and haven’t yet.

I guess that shows how little I know about Universal and JKR's stance on this. Haha. It was an innocent and lighthearted suggestion. For the record, I really don't know much about Potter. Never read the books. Only saw the first film and maybe half of the second and that was well over a decade ago. Just didn't pique my interest at the time. Don't hate me. I'll probably give it a try again in the future. Don't get me wrong. I love the beautiful architecture and detail of the Wizarding World and FJ. The land is breathtaking and the ride is one of my favorites.

Thank you for all who responded! I learned a few tidbits of information that I didn't know prior.