Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Stranger Things

They already planned to have the show go for 4-5 seasons, it'll likely end with season 4 but could end with 5.

I was under the impression they were only doing 3 seasons until I watched the S3 finale. Hadn’t kept up with series speculation since it first premiered - that’s when the Duffers had said 3 seasons.

I was under the impression they were only doing 3 seasons until I watched the S3 finale. Hadn’t kept up with series speculation since it first premiered - that’s when the Duffers had said 3 seasons.

I don't think they will end with Season 5, Season 4 seems like the full circle route for them, they don't wanna overdue everything, everything else will be explained and with the huge cliffhanger they left with 3, you could be sure that I think they will have everyone back for season 4 and end it right there and then which I don't mind, they'll end the series strong with 4.

So Orlando’s house is focusing more on season 3 right? Hollywood’s is the one focusing on season 2 with a scene or two of season 3?

So Orlando’s house is focusing more on season 3 right? Hollywood’s is the one focusing on season 2 with a scene or two of season 3?

According to the blog, we'll be seeing Hoppers Cabin and the Starcourt Mall, they really go into detail with the rest, Hollywood's I'm not sure, I feel like we are probably only getting two scenes for Season 2 and both will feature the Mindflayer creature, I'm guessing a head effect of the creature trying to break into the sealing, while in the Starcourt we see the full puppet in action.

If I recall correctly Hollywood said most of their house will feature scenes from season 2 with a dash of season 3 at the end. Orlando's house, from the last info. posted, is supposedly mostly season 3 wish some of season 2. I have heard there's a possibility that Orlando's house will feature all 3 seasons but I doubt that will be the case since it's not been announced as a mega house and I feel trying to cram 3 seasons into one house isn't a great idea.

If I recall correctly Hollywood said most of their house will feature scenes from season 2 with a dash of season 3 at the end. Orlando's house, from the last info. posted, is supposedly mostly season 3 wish some of season 2. I have heard there's a possibility that Orlando's house will feature all 3 seasons but I doubt that will be the case since it's not been announced as a mega house and I feel trying to cram 3 seasons into one house isn't a great idea.

If they do that, they might save it for next year or something, one more season left, the show is almost done and I'd love to see a series finally a good ending from the event, not the continuous thing they had done with The Walking Dead.

I just wish Universal would put out a teaser video for the house, I wonder what stopped them from putting out at least a little teaser for it, I'd understand if it was due to the rush of everything, but with all of the time they had go by, you'd think they'd give us a little insight into this house.

I just wish Universal would put out a teaser video for the house, I wonder what stopped them from putting out at least a little teaser for it, I'd understand if it was due to the rush of everything, but with all of the time they had go by, you'd think they'd give us a little insight into this house.

They may just want to keep it a surprise. I read that they were on set of season three in Atlanta so I expect the scale to be pretty spot-on but they likely want us to not know what to expect. We're not going until the end of September and the wait is getting harder and harder.

They may just want to keep it a surprise. I read that they were on set of season three in Atlanta so I expect the scale to be pretty spot-on but they likely want us to not know what to expect. We're not going until the end of September and the wait is getting harder and harder.

That is true, I always believe in Patience is a virtue, I'm sure they want to make this house very spot to this season and last season and I'm not gonna have high hopes but I cannot wait to experience this house for sure. :)

That is true, I always believe in Patience is a virtue, I'm sure they want to make this house very spot to this season and last season and I'm not gonna have high hopes but I cannot wait to experience this house for sure. :)

I have high hopes since I enjoyed last year's maze so much and if they incorporate some of the same techniques that they are using for Ghostbusters I think it could be pretty mindblowing.

I have high hopes since I enjoyed last year's maze so much and if they incorporate some of the same techniques that they are using for Ghostbusters I think it could be pretty mindblowing.[/QUOTE

Yeah I mean nothing is concerning me with this house than probably House, that one is sorta concerning me because of the placement but with what could be the obvious rooms in that house, I shouldn't be of the day of the event, but this house should be really cool seeing, some of my friends have been looking forward to it, so hopefully they have a blast with this one as with the last one.

(Loaded question) Okay so we all know that Ghostbusters has been officially announced and we know, through rumor maps and such, that it will be going in SS 22, where ST things was last year and that ST is going in SS 25, where Poltergeist was last year. Just looking at the SS map, 25 looks a lot bigger than 22. Because ST now has that bigger space, and will reportedly feature scenes from both S2 and 3, will the house be significantly bigger than last year, or will they just use up space as necessary? Because, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that A&D doesn't use up all the soundstage space for every house they produce, if they don't have to (i.e. Poltergeist)

If ST was mega, they would’ve said so.

I imagine they may stretch the limits a bit.

That's correct. They build what they build/what they are resourced to build. Casting limitations on something like Stranger Things, and how it relates to a house's pacing, likely prevent something longer than typical (thus, why it's not considered a mega-house).

Now, this house will likely have larger scenes than a typical house (Starcourt, especially, may end up being the size of a full façade), but the total number of scenes won't drastically increase.

Most houses only take up about 9,600 sq feet.
So, they're not calling it a mega house...

But they're pushing the limits of a normal house.

They're also doing a couple of fun things that I haven't really seen them attempt before.
I believe I know what you're referring too. Actually, I think I posted a very similar comment as this (about there being elements that I don't believe they've tried before) about a week ago in the speculation thread. How they pull off the Demidog/Bob kill comes to mind.

I believe I know what you're referring too. Actually, I think I posted a very similar comment as this (about there being elements that I don't believe they've tried before) about a week ago in the speculation thread. How they pull off the Demidog/Bob kill comes to mind.
I’m not even talking mechanics. The Bob kill looks fairly standard from what I’ve seen. I’m referring more to scene selection and order.

I mean it.
At least you get on the bus.