D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I expect a full Arendelle to be announced for one, if not both, American resorts. Considering Tokyo, Hong Kong and Paris all have one under construction or have one coming.

I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow shoehorned it into California Adventure. The Simba parking lot would be perfect because they could truly separate it from the rest of the park.

California adventure is going to get a marvel ride (guardians probably) in the expansion plot next to marvel land. I wouldn't see anything else likely beyond that if it is even announced at d23 at all.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
*Takes a look at the whole reservation process and it's online queuing for the event*

….
*Backs away slowly*

Nothin' like paying who knows how much for tickets, and waiting in virtual line for over a hour to find out there's squat available for reservations. (Be it panels, photo ops/M&G's etc.) It's unfortunate, as I said before I'd like to attend one year, but it's stuff like this which makes me feel I'm better off staying at home and getting updates from afar.

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that the black box concept is going to be announced at this D23. Seems like Mermaid/One Man's Dream is where it would go at DHS. I'm going to guess if this is announced, they'll announce it as a dual-coast project with one planned to come to DCA as well.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that the black box concept is going to be announced at this D23. Seems like Mermaid/One Man's Dream is where it would go at DHS. I'm going to guess if this is announced, they'll announce it as a dual-coast project with one planned to come to DCA as well.

I could legitimately see that, as it wouldn't be shocking to see Disney wanting to get that beast out in the open.
Nothin' like paying who knows how much for tickets, and waiting in virtual line for over a hour to find out there's squat available for reservations. (Be it panels, photo ops/M&G's etc.) It's unfortunate, as I said before I'd like to attend one year, but it's stuff like this which makes me feel I'm better off staying at home and getting updates from afar.

From whats been said on Twitter..D23's handled by contractors, and not a dedicated convention operations group.

__

As far as Marvel in Disney Park's concerned, the only things I see discussed: is of the Spider-Man attractions for WDS and DCA, the Iron Man RNRC conversion for Paris, and Guardians for Epcot. Nothing else will be discussed.

From whats been said on Twitter..D23's handled by contractors, and not a dedicated convention operations group.

It shouldn’t matter who specifically handles the operations. Disney has its name on it and they picked whoever to work on it so anything that goes right or wrong ultimately goes to them.

Rumor for the secret WDC project announcement is that Disney is building an Aulani-style resort in the bahamas at a property they recently purchased called Lighthouse Point. Lighthouse Point was purchased as an additional private island for Disney now that they are practically doubling their cruise ship fleet. Many who go to Castaway Cay say that it would be a nice place to actually stay. If the rumor is true, it looks like Disney may be trying to cash in on that. I'm going to guess if this is in fact the announcement, it will be partially DVC.

Id assume that we'd be getting new Guardians details/concept art and an opening date?
It should be assumed that any/all currently on-going projects or recently completed projects will at least be briefly touched upon. I pretty much expect to get the official name for the ride and additional details.

The name of the ride is currently rumored to be Guardians of the Galaxy: Infinite Universe.

It should be assumed that any/all currently on-going projects or recently completed projects will at least be briefly touched upon. I pretty much expect to get the official name for the ride and additional details.

The name of the ride is currently rumored to be Guardians of the Galaxy: Infinite Universe.
Surprised they didn't do Guardians of The Galaxy: Epic Universe

In 11 days, two of WDW's parks will have at least as many screen-based attractions as IOA.
IOA is the perfect mix IMO.

Rumor for the secret WDC project announcement is that Disney is building an Aulani-style resort in the bahamas at a property they recently purchased called Lighthouse Point. Lighthouse Point was purchased as an additional private island for Disney now that they are practically doubling their cruise ship fleet. Many who go to Castaway Cay say that it would be a nice place to actually stay. If the rumor is true, it looks like Disney may be trying to cash in on that. I'm going to guess if this is in fact the announcement, it will be partially DVC.
The Bahamas suck hard, but this sounds like a very wise and smart idea. Active cruise participants to sell DVC to every day w/ the new ships. Maybe make a slide complex that’s an up charge for cruise folk (similar to Royal Caribbean’s island) or free for DVC members as a carrot.

It would also sell easier than Hawaii based on location.

Even though I dislike the Bahamas, anytime DVC gets a non-WDW property, I’m 100% on board.
Now about that ski resort...

IOA is the perfect mix IMO.

The Bahamas suck hard, but this sounds like a very wise and smart idea. Active cruise participants to sell DVC to every day w/ the new ships. Maybe make a slide complex that’s an up charge for cruise folk (similar to Royal Caribbean’s island) or free for DVC members as a carrot.

It would also sell easier than Hawaii based on location.

Even though I dislike the Bahamas, anytime DVC gets a non-WDW property, I’m 100% on board.
Now about that ski resort...
Castaway Cay has an included slide complex in the ocean for DCL cruisers currently so I assume the new island will be similar.

And on the non-WDW DVC thought, I still wish they'd have gone through with the National Harbor DVC plans. This would definitely sell well though.

Last edited:
Castaway Cay has an included slide complex in the ocean for DCL cruisers currently so I assume the new island will be similar.

And on the non-WDW DVC thought, I still wish they'd have gone through with the National Harbor DVC plans. This would definitely sell well though.

If it’s the Bahamas, it will have to be by a significant airport to handle non-cruise guests. Most likely it would be Nassau simply due to the combination of docks and depth to facilitate the cruise ships and airport.

Nassau is pretty nasty. Highly unlikely, but if they could swing a better spot like Exuma, that’d be much more appealing to me. You could fly into Georgetown relatively easily. The issue is there are no docks and I’m unsure of depth to facilitate the ships.

If it’s the Bahamas, it will have to be by a significant airport to handle non-cruise guests. Most likely it would be Nassau simply due to the combination of docks and depth to facilitate the cruise ships and airport.

Nassau is pretty nasty. Highly unlikely, but if they could swing a better spot like Exuma, that’d be much more appealing to me. You could fly into Georgetown relatively easily. The issue is there are no docks and I’m unsure of depth to facilitate the ships.
The Lighthouse Point area is on an island called Eleuthera. This island is actually populated, unlike Castaway Cay (~11,000). Disney purchased 700 acres, although 190 acres will be donated for a National Park. There is an airport on the island.

Eleuthera - Wikipedia

The Lighthouse Point area is on an island called Eleuthera. This island is actually populated, unlike Castaway Cay (~11,000). Disney purchased 700 acres, although 190 acres will be donated for a National Park. There is an airport on the island.

Eleuthera - Wikipedia

Nice! I overlooked you saying Lighthouse Point in your original post.

That sounds much better. Doesn't seem to have any of the cliffs of some of the other Bahamian islands, but anything that isn't Nassau Bay is all I really need to hear.

Edit: Just read that Lighthouse Point is 2hrs away from the airport. Additionally, they already had their town halls for approval of what it would be, which didn't include a hotel. They'd have to get buy-in before they announced, right? Who started this rumor?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick