Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Pretty bummed I’m not gonna be able to ride this. I kinda brushed off all of these stories about delayed openings and what not because I thought it wouldn’t be an issue by the time I came down. Still an issue. Line up about 90 mins before park opening only to find out there will be a delayed opening. Sounds like it eventually opened after noon. I only come up once a year so it’s frustrating to not be able to ride this.

I have no interest in waiting 3+ hours for a ride with only a limited time. It’s easy for you guys who live down here, but I’m trying to maximize my time and waiting an extended period of time for a ride just isn’t in the cards. I’m not sure what is the cause of this because obviously this is not the first time Universal opened up a new ride.

Pretty bummed I’m not gonna be able to ride this. I kinda brushed off all of these stories about delayed openings and what not because I thought it wouldn’t be an issue by the time I came down. Still an issue. Line up about 90 mins before park opening only to find out there will be a delayed opening. Sounds like it eventually opened after noon. I only come up once a year so it’s frustrating to not be able to ride this.

I have no interest in waiting 3+ hours for a ride with only a limited time. It’s easy for you guys who live down here, but I’m trying to maximize my time and waiting an extended period of time for a ride just isn’t in the cards. I’m not sure what is the cause of this because obviously this is not the first time Universal opened up a new ride.
Oh that sucks and I hope you get to ride it next time.

You aren’t alone, and I know a lot of people have been disappointed this summer due to all the delays. Things stay positive around these parts for the reasons you just said. For the folks that can only afford one day, once a year, it’s extremely frustrating.

Took the train over to Hogsmeade yesterday shortly after opening. Looks like Hagrids opened with the park but the workers were saying it’d be a 5 hour wait. I probably got into the park at 9:10. So I wasn’t able to get on at all.

I don’t know what Universal can do to fix this, but if your coming on a vacation you have to sacrifice an entire day. Shouldn’t be. If the ride opened when I lined up the other day, I would have gotten on. I don’t know how a few minutes after the park opens, a 5 hour wait time is determined. Very frustrating.

Obviously you guys are all veterans of theme parks as well, but I’ve been coming down for 20 years and never had a issue getting on a new ride like this.

At this point in time it sounds like it's suffering from a fairly lethal combination of awesome popularity & demand, and capacity and weather issues. Super popular Flight of Passage, two years later, is still suffering from that difficult duo (sans weather). The saving grace for Hagrid's though, is that it's still not operating near full capacity, and hopefully it will reach full capacity in a few months. FOP is at full capacity sometimes, and still averages 2 to 3 hour lines. Unfortunately, a ride being awesome does have it's downside.

Last edited:
Took the train over to Hogsmeade yesterday shortly after opening. Looks like Hagrids opened with the park but the workers were saying it’d be a 5 hour wait. I probably got into the park at 9:10. So I wasn’t able to get on at all.

I don’t know what Universal can do to fix this, but if your coming on a vacation you have to sacrifice an entire day. Shouldn’t be. If the ride opened when I lined up the other day, I would have gotten on. I don’t know how a few minutes after the park opens, a 5 hour wait time is determined. Very frustrating.

Obviously you guys are all veterans of theme parks as well, but I’ve been coming down for 20 years and never had a issue getting on a new ride like this.
Well, riding the train over is the worst idea, you are guaranteed to be behind the masses that start lining up at 7 am at the gates. Also, I think they are doubling the wait time anticipating break downs and weather delays, so at least they are giving you the worst case scenario.

So are these major delays pretty much due to rain? I might be going in February, and any time we've gone to Orlando during February it's hardly rained.

Yikes

I wasn't nervous about my mid-September trip a few weeks ago, thinking things would likely be ironed out by then.
But I clearly have to go into it with the mindset of expecting the worst and hoping for the best.
I'm gonna be there monday and Tuesday. I hope today's delayed opening means a full operational day tomorrow.

Were flying down next week. I’m hoping to get on at least once. Ideally I’d like a daytime and night ride but I’m getting nervous.

Yikes

I wasn't nervous about my mid-September trip a few weeks ago, thinking things would likely be ironed out by then.
But I clearly have to go into it with the mindset of expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

This was our parties thoughts too for the same time guess we'll just need to see how it goes!

Even with the issues, still pumped to finally ride this

I got in line yesterday at 12:50 and got on at 3:30 after weather delay. It wouldve been a 1.5 hour wait without weather delay. It is very possible to ride this attraction, but be prepared to wait 3 hours. On August 10th, about a week ago on a saturday, I was greeted with a posted 3 hour wait at 1 PMish and got on the ride an hour later. I was pleasantly suprised because i expected a 3 hour wait. I think if you're gonna ride this attraction and you dont wanna get up early and be at the gates at 7:45ish/8:00ish, then get in line at 1-2 PM, 2 Saturday's in a row for me it's worked.