Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascinating article..interesting if there's any truth to it, especially setting up a fall guy, which they did to a few Execs associated with My Magic too.......and even somewhat ties in with the 'rumors' that Disney social media operatives are often the source of the social media anti Universal comments that always seem to pop up bashing Universal's new attractions. ...ahhh, love some of these conspiracy theories, parts of which seems to have some substance to them .

Fascinating article..interesting if there's any truth to it, especially setting up a fall guy, which they did to a few Execs associated with My Magic too.......and even somewhat ties in with the 'rumors' that Disney social media operatives are often the source of the social media anti Universal comments that always seem to pop up bashing Universal's new attractions. ...ahhh, love some of these conspiracy theories, parts of which seems to have some substance to them .

Gary was the one who leaked the original Nintendo plans as well as known ties to Viacom/CBS so makes me think he may know more about Dis inner workings.

Gary was the one who leaked the original Nintendo plans as well as known ties to Viacom/CBS so makes me think he may know more about Dis inner workings.
Yes, I remember that well. Plus, his family has the power, influence, sources and knowledge in the media community that could easily have access to that behind the scenes info. His name on the article gives it a possible avenue to credibility.....and with CBS/Viacom continuing to enter the Streaming wars, a hit on Disney sounds like a canon volley, ordered from above.....and he wrote a pretty tough, very long, expose on the inner workings of Disney a couple of years ago. Most of that article proved credible over the long run..............If it was some lesser writer, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but coming from him it may well be credible.

Last edited:
This is a very interesting time to release this information with Iger retiring soon and the article “leaking” things that got cut from GE.

FWIW - We are not on any theme park payroll.

Sure, Mr Woodbury.

Damn, this has really exploded on Magic. It's being heavily discussed in at least three threads....and there's many hundreds of posts so far.

I find it crazy that I'm reading it all and I've still not read a single thing about Epic Worlds on this forum.

Tirian, a prominent poster on Magic, who started this discussion on Magic, has an interesting take...."This is real, and now we know why a certain Spirit would regularly refer to 'Zenia and her flying monkees' controlling the online dialogue". This Magic discussion just gets better and better. I'm not a big fan of the site, but they do have the most reliable WDW info, and this discussion going on over there is riveting. There's even posters speculating that Spirit was 'is' Gary. This is the most interesting read on a theme park forum in a helluva time....I was starting to get bored with the Universal & Disney discussions, but now my interest has peaked.

Tirian, who posted this on Magic has an interesting take...."This is real, and now we know why a certain Spirit would regularly refer to 'Zenia and her flying monkees' controlling the online dialogue". This Magic discussion just gets better and better. I'm not a big fan of the site, but they do have the most reliable WDW info, and this discussion going on over there is riveting. There's even posters speculating that Spirit was 'is' Spirit. This is the most interesting read on a theme park forum in a helluva time....I was starting to get bored with the discussions, but now my interest has peaked.
This very well could go down as The Great Theme Park Witch Hunt of 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.