Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This ride's lines will probably be better once the rainy season is over in a month or so.
The problem is that the rainy season is a solid 4 months annually. They better hope that rain isn't the main cause or they find a work around because for the ride to operate this up and down every summer would be ridiculous.

Reactions: therock and Mad Dog
The problem is that the rainy season is a solid 4 months annually. They better hope that rain isn't the main cause or they find a work around because for the ride to operate this up and down every summer would be ridiculous.

I hadn’t been following this thread because I assumed the craziness would die down by now. I come down in August every year and this was the rainiest I’ve seen it in quite some time. The last few years it’s been very minimal. Steady rain everyday last week.

Going back to a few posts ago, sure I could have waited an hour and a half at opening again and tried my luck. But I did that a few days prior, was literally 2nd at the gate and was told after the park opened there would be a delay. So I didn’t do it again out of spite pretty much. Very upset. There has to be a better line of communication with the ride.

Reactions: Andysol
Hopefully, well before next summer's rainy season, they should be able to get the capacity up to 10 to 12 trains 'running without issues'. Then, it can join HRRR, Hulk etc. as a more reliable ride.

Reactions: therock
This is somehow not an issue for HRRR, Hulk, Everest, BTMR, SDMT, etc.
The only thing that makes me think it's possible rain could even be a factor is how complex this ride system is compared to those that you mentioned.

Thank you for the updates everyone! Just caught up on a couple pages. I had gone to the grand opening with a friend and managed to get on twice in two days (not without a lot of pre-planning and long waits!) but have been keeping an eye on it since I'll be back with my husband this time in September for HHN. Hoping he can experience it for the first time, but looks like it may still be a bit tricky.

Thinking a lot of people were waiting to come for Halloween horror nights, good chance the lines get longer, not shorter. Should cool down in November maybe...at lease until Thanksgiving.

A question for those who have recently stayed on-site; Is early entry for Diagon or Hogsmeade, and, if Diagon, are they accommodating early entry people coming off the HE?

Thinking a lot of people were waiting to come for Halloween horror nights, good chance the lines get longer, not shorter. Should cool down in November maybe...at lease until Thanksgiving.

I know that's what we're doing. Be there first week in October. HHN is the main focus, but we definitely need to ride Hagrid's.

Reactions: soma27
Been following Hagrid's wait times on the app for weeks. Today is the first promising day I've seen. Actually opened at 9am with a 180 minute wait. Set my alert for 120 minutes as I do every day. Ding! Wait time down to 120 at 11am and still holding now at 12:53. Wow, impressive. We;re heading down next weekend (Labor Day) and I'd really like to get to ride.

Been following Hagrid's wait times on the app for weeks. Today is the first promising day I've seen. Actually opened at 9am with a 180 minute wait. Set my alert for 120 minutes as I do every day. Ding! Wait time down to 120 at 11am and still holding now at 12:53. Wow, impressive. We;re heading down next weekend (Labor Day) and I'd really like to get to ride.
OMG! 90 minutes at 3:30pm

Took myself a walk of shame out to the exit a few moments ago after I tried to cut into the at-capacity Single Rider line. Somewhere along the line, the standby wait went from 90 to 150. :(

Yes, I feel bad, and yes, next time, I'll totally just follow Team Member directions; more than anything, I commend the Team Member who caught me for doing his job.

...so now, I'm at Poseidon's Fury.

In at 2:00 with 120 posted in the egg room after 10 mins. No idea how many trains running but one large black cloud overhead. Will edit after the ride.
Eta: first delay announcement 20 mins in. Near the end of the caves and line stopped moving
Eta had 15 min delay, back up
Eta, total line time 80 mins with 15 min delay. Was great, going back again with the same 120 posted
Eta:
Queue was outside so i bailed, had a 150 posted when i came out then delayed

Last edited: