Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens during Christmas week?

Aug 11, 2019
After our Universal Studios trip we are driving to Clearwater Beach to spend a relaxing week at the beach. We are considering buying tickets for one day at Busch Gardens, probably on December the 23rd or the 24th, our dilemma is that everyone should be on holidays those days, and since the park opens at 10am, the rope dropped probably is going to work for one or two rides, and then the waiting times for the rides we want to do or redo would be too long to consider

As much as we love animals, we have a very impressive local zoo, so we are not going there for the animals, we are only going for the biggest rollercoasters.

So the question is, do you guys think is it worth it to sacrifice a day at the beach to go to Busch Gardens in a day that may be too busy to enjoy?

Thanks

Alex

Thanks GAcoaster, since we are 4 that will be $400 on top of our tickes.

Is this park worth it, after doing 5 days at Universal?

Thanks GAcoaster, since we are 4 that will be $400 on top of our tickes.

Is this park worth it, after doing 5 days at Universal?
It really depends on what you like. If you're a coaster person I'd say it's a "can't miss" park. If you pre-purchase tickets you can get some really good deals on BGT and/or SWO tickets which sometimes are sold bundled with all day dining. If you're a coaster person both BGT and SWO have the best lineups of coasters in Central Florida. I have family coming to visit between Christmas and New Year and I'm suggesting they visit BGT/SWO/Aquatica during the busiest time, then Universal and Disney after New Year. Universal and Disney will be insane with capacity crowds, while BGT/SWO will be busy but more manageable, plus they offer a relatively inexpensive pay to cut the line program which can be worth the cost. They even do single ride pay to cut for some of their attractions (usually the newest ones) through their apps, so if there's a single ride you NEED to do you just pay to cut the line.

Also, Christmas Town at Busch Gardens and SeaWorld Christmas are the two best Christmas events in the area, IMO. BGT has millions of Christmas lights, great shows, etc, and SeaWorld does as well. Both are really "Christmas-y" compared to the Disney and Universal offerings.

Thanks GAcoaster, you really sold me on Busch Gardens :)

I guess if we have to pick one between BGT and SWO (I don't care about the animal part) BGT is the one to go?