Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so confusing because some fansites are confirming truth to what Mike is saying while others are refuting and screaming lies...its quite interesting and I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this reality show.

Also Spirit hated Chapek so much...so it kinda doesn't make sense he is writing a hit piece defending him.

Micechat's photomatt threatened out TP2000 so maybe there is truth to the article....

He gave supposed info about a Troy Porter email address and also the number 74. He’s since tried to redact it.

Also, I have a new appreciation for how the admins merge threads into one topic here. Flipping between threads there was nuts.

Also, I have a new appreciation for how the admins merge threads into one topic here. Flipping between threads there was nuts.

The important thing that should come out of this is how awesome we are. :lol:

There’s a lot of fan media or social media that doesn’t highlight the people behind it have alternate agendas that doesn’t affect the customer. Snyder’s are part of that.

As for what to believe I believe there are aspects of the Medium post I believe but not the complete framing of it. Al is real and likely had higher up sources in 2002, probably not ghost writing his post or trying to push Iger, but sources. I’d be like saying Aiello is ghost writing Legacy’s posts.

This feels like a day of reckoning that’s been coming for years. There’s still likely more to come out over this and other sites, so I’m going to keep my mouth shut and just listen for a bit.

Regardless of the accuracy, there is the stigma of influencers/sites being shills that certainly will get amplified after this noise.
So true....and the big problem is that some of the major click sites, and their owners, have become less and less objective, more shill than info, and susceptible to free flights & stays to distant locations to give reviews heralding average stuff as 'great'. And some of the leading You Tubers seem to be falling in that category too. In the meantime, IU remains an ISLAND of INTEGRITY....Congratulations to you for keeping it like that:thumbsup::toast:..................

Last edited:
I always preferred Wdwmagic over micechat (the latter being the most toxic forum I ever went to, theme park related or otherwise). Still, the overreaction to the news on both sites reminds me why I spend most of my time here now, as pretty much everyone is sane here and the mods actually moderate. Still, while I think some of Al's stuff is ghostwritten (or at least the most recent article), that Snyder guy is a bit nuts.

that Disneyland thread on Magic was pure crack last night. It Descended into chaos and I’m shocked it’s still up. The only forum I ever post on is this one and after last night I really appreciate all the mods on here do to keep order. I mean at one point in the Disneyland thread people were accusing others of being pedophiles. It was complete insanity.

This is correct.

I may have more comments on this later. Needless to say, if people knew the whole story they'd have a COMPLETELY different opinion of WDWMagic's admins.
You're telling me they actually have admins?!?

Glad I’m not on Magic anymore.

None of this, true or not, really surprises me.
Really doesn't have a ton to do with Magic specifically (although they don't actually moderate anything so people can spout whatever nonsense they want). This has to do more with the internet and how easy it is for someone to gain a reputation, as many on this site and ANY fan site will, and use the reputation with malicious intent to spread propaganda.

As I said earlier in the thread, this is nothing but a blip on the radar to me now that i've seen a foreign government directly affect our elections and infiltrate our social media outlets.

Last edited:
The important thing that should come out of this is how awesome we are. :lol:

There’s a lot of fan media or social media that doesn’t highlight the people behind it have alternate agendas that doesn’t affect the customer. Snyder’s are part of that.

As for what to believe I believe there are aspects of the Medium post I believe but not the complete framing of it. Al is real and likely had higher up sources in 2002, probably not ghost writing his post or trying to push Iger, but sources. I’d be like saying Aiello is ghost writing Legacy’s posts.

This feels like a day of reckoning that’s been coming for years. There’s still likely more to come out over this and other sites, so I’m going to keep my mouth shut and just listen for a bit.
It really is incredible how much the Medium piece reads like one of Spirit's. It didn't click with me at first but after all of this talk about who '74 could actually be, it makes COMPLETE sense now. He did always play second fiddle to Lutz as far as attention (they've both been around for about the same amount of time in one form or another), so I can also see why he's choosing to target him.

This doesn't look good no matter how you slice it.

So...is this the D23 Secret Project? (sarcasm)

For the record, apart from a couple of pleasant conversations with Mike during auditions in 2010, we've never really chatted. I've had longer conversations with Patrick and Lora.

But no one ghost writes for me. My novel would be done by now if they did.

You are clearly Iger in disguise.

Burn the witch! errr corporate mouthpiece?!? ;)

It really is incredible how much the Medium piece reads like one of Spirit's. It didn't click with me at first but after all of this talk about who '74 could actually be, it makes COMPLETE sense now. He did always play second fiddle to Lutz as far as attention (they've both been around for about the same amount of time in one form or another), so I can also see why he's choosing to target him.

Having read through it again with Spirit in mind, it definitely fits. It's toned-down, but Spirit's trademark pettiness and strange preoccupations with employees' personal lives and affiliations are all there under the surface. Doesn't mean it's him, but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Can someone summarize this for me... this article is far too long.

Al Lutz is a person who formed an audience in the late 90s around critical discussion of Disneyland through Paul Pressler, Light Magic, DCA, Save Disney, and more. He retired several years ago due to Parkinson's disease.

The allegation is his posts were ghost written by a public relations arm of the Disney company starting in 2002. His most recent return and article wasn't written by him, but someone inside Disney wanting Chapek to take the fall for SWGE.

There's a lot that doesn't add up or make sense in the allegations, but Al having high up sources sounds very plausible. It's likely Al got info but wasn't under the take.

Whoa whoa whoa... you mean insiders aren't spies who snuck in and stole the info with no bias whatsoever?

You mean they're people who are fed info from whoever wants to feed it to them for whatever personal reasons they want to feed it to them?

Honestly, it's shocking anyone believed otherwise. Yet here we are.

I'm unsure exactly what to believe about Al, but I do know that this whole thing has provided me with a lot of entertainment.

To those who have been online long enough and know who these players are and the drama behind the scenes this is the culmination of over 15 years of Disney history if it’s true.

Status
Not open for further replies.