Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MSHI Expansion?

Pretty sure the crappy animation is on purpose. It's supposed to be a riff on Communist Bloc propaganda animation.
The "training" bit, yeah. I get that, and if they refurb the queue and preshow, I'd love for that to stick around. It's funny!

I'm saying that the main, plot-driven bits about Doom and the Four look really iffy, particularly when compared to the queue clips at Spider-Man next door. Hulk suffered from the same problem until its refurb.

DOnt want get too deep into the contract, but seriously what kind of expansion can Universal even do with the disney/marvel contract? Id assume nothing to be honest. But if we were hypothetically going to expand, what kind of attraction could we even see?

Universal can expand. They've just chosen not to up to this point.
Hm, tad surprising they haven't then. I know the MCU is directly tied into the comics but you'd think they would want to capitalize on the super hero stuff considering those are the only superheroes they own.

Hm, tad surprising they haven't then. I know the MCU is directly tied into the comics but you'd think they would want to capitalize on the super hero stuff considering those are the only superheroes they own.
They're not, actually. I mentioned this in the Toon Lagoon thread: the deal they have with Hearst, including rights for Popeye, Betty Boop, et al. also includes Flash Gordon and The Phantom. Of course, they can't be used in MSHI, but it's still food for thought.

Real talk, what's the half life on Marvel after End Game?

I think if Hulk gets any work done to it, it will be converting it to another property

Probably better to continue this in the correct thread.

There's enough in the phase 4 timeline to personally keep me interested and with everything going on, phase 4 could continue into 2023.

Then you've got the inevitable Fantastic Four and X Men introduction to the MCU along with Black Panther 2 and Blade.

MSHI doesn't need to do a single thing and can ride on the wave of Marvel's success.

Essentially

Although an Iron Man coaster would be fun

With MSHI, I think if they're going to be adding anything, they should be looking to the future.

As the old saying goes: Go to where the puck is going to be.

An Iron Man ride would be great but if Fantastic Four or X Men is going to be the next big thing in a few years, aim for that. If they turn out to be hugely popular, I don't think that a pair of space shots and tea cups will cut it.

With MSHI, I think if they're going to be adding anything, they should be looking to the future.

An Iron Man ride would be great but if Fantastic Four or X Men is going to be the next big thing in a few years, aim for that. If they turn out to be hugely popular, I don't think that a pair of space shots and tea cups will cut it.
Rumor was they did have a concept for an Iron Man ride a few years ago, but info from our insiders said there were problems with the tech.

Ironically MSHI already leans pretty heavy on the F4 and Xmen...

Kill Fearfall and build an Intamin hyper themed to F4 and I will renew my pass for all eternity

Or better yet...a Mack launch like Copperhead Strike on the TL theater plot

Edit: Here is Hyperion at Energylandia superimposed in the TL theater plot....Imagine a hyper that went over the lagoon and passed over the walkway

Attachments

• hyper.jpg
    hyper.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Rumor was they did have a concept for an Iron Man ride a few years ago, but info from our insiders said there were problems with the tech.

Something about supports breaking and not being a reliable ride system if memory serves me correctly.

Kill Fearfall and build an Intamin hyper themed to F4 and I will renew my pass for all eternity

I don't think we'll see another coaster at IOA for decades once the JP coaster opens.

The Grinch Mountain coaster that was always thrown about ages ago always sounded like a pleasant addition.

Last edited:
Something about supports breaking and not being a reliable ride system if memory serves me correctly.

I don't think we'll see another coaster at IOA for decades once the JP coaster opens.

The Grinch Mountain coaster that was always thrown about ages ago always sounded like a pleasant addition.
Maybe...but I do like the idea of Universal viewing IOA as their coaster park

Edit: Here is Hyperion at Energylandia superimposed in the TL theater plot....Imagine a hyper that went over the lagoon and passed over the walkway
Iron Man is probably the most popular Marvel character right next to Spider-Man. Whether he's on screen or not currently, it would be smart to capitalize on him most, imo. The issue is, if you're going to do a Iron Man ride, it really should be a flying coaster like the rumored Iron Legion coaster, but IOA's last two additions will have both been coasters, with 4 total in the park after JP. I can't see them adding another coaster, especially to a land that already has one.

Something I think potentially could be cool would be if they used the Toon Lagoon Amphitheater to do a Marvel stunt show. Marvel has more than enough characters in their arsenal to make something like that work and it would be way more appealing than something like Sindbad was.

Iron Man is probably the most popular Marvel character right next to Spider-Man. Whether he's on screen or not currently, it would be smart to capitalize on him most, imo. The issue is, if you're going to do a Iron Man ride, it really should be a flying coaster like the rumored Iron Legion coaster, but IOA's last two additions will have both been coasters, with 4 total in the park after JP. I can't see them adding another coaster, especially to a land that already has one.

Something I think potentially could be cool would be if they used the Toon Lagoon Amphitheater to do a Marvel stunt show. Marvel has more than enough characters in their arsenal to make something like that work and it would be way more appealing than something like Sindbad was.

That seems so obvious now I’m amazed it’s not been done.

I think the tour has had some success and a condensed version of something like this would be a crowd pleaser.

If scaled properly, Hyperion would end up reaching all the way to the entrance of Poseidon's Fury. At that scale it would need to be under 100 feet tall, unless you're okay with deadly forces ;). If they managed to fit a full sized hyper somewhere in the park without having to take out lots of things I'd be impressed.