Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a small footprint and essentially is used as a sales pitch to generate additional wand sales. Why would you not build one room dedicated to 'wand choosing you'?

Frequent visitors are going to pass, but this show isn't for them.
I just think a 3rd Olivander's isn't needed. Wouldn't be against it per say but even if its not for the regular visitors there's still 2 other parks with that opportunity that Universal wants them to visit. So, I don't think it'll be a 3rd Olivanders. But just my take.

Regarding wands, I could see them doing something on the scale of Wands by Gregorovitch in Diagon, albeit with a Parisian theme (maybe slightly bigger). A small, ornate, beautifully-designed boutique to contrast with the darker and more untidy Ollivanders and Gregorovitch locations in the other parks.

And maybe sell some kind of unique accessory not found anywhere else; give people a reason to at least take a peek in there even if they're on the third day of their vacation and have picked up wands already.

Keep in mind that my comments are strictly related to what I believe will have the biggest financial impact, not what I prefer to see. I would prefer to see pretty much anything other than another large wand shop and wand-sales-based-show.

I don't think they'll do another Ollivander's thing in the third park.

They'll definitely have several interactive retail experiences. But, I think they'll all be different. I'm sure Universal is looking at Disney's build-a-lightsaber experience to see what happens.

For a wand shop, I don't think they would do Ollivanders because the timing wouldn't make sense. Ollivander was born in 1908 and I don't think he was prominently making wands until much later in the overall timeline. So Potter "purists" would complain (although they're already complaining to JK about McGonnagall being in the last film as she wasn't born yet).

They could maybe make it Gregorovitch's shop (as a pp noted above) as I think he was older and making wands much earlier, but I could be wrong on that.

For a wand shop, I don't think they would do Ollivanders because the timing wouldn't make sense. Ollivander was born in 1908 and I don't think he was prominently making wands until much later in the overall timeline. So Potter "purists" would complain (although they're already complaining to JK about McGonnagall being in the last film as she wasn't born yet).

They could maybe make it Gregorovitch's shop (as a pp noted above) as I think he was older and making wands much earlier, but I could be wrong on that.

Would love this; I was trying to see if they ever stated who made the wand Fleur uses, but the books just say it was given to her.
Including Gregorovitch instead and making the wand choices unique to this shop would be a nice way to incentivize casual and hard-core fans to visit (and spend their money)

I would be over the MOON if Universal built a ride replica of this:

Half water ride, half coaster?!

Supposedly there was a UC blue sky concept floated for something similar to this, and a themed restaurant, to replace Lost Continent in IOA. But it didn't get greenlit and Universal ultimately built their own Toothsome Chocolate Factory in Citi Walk instead of having to pay for the IP rights for the concept .

Would love this; I was trying to see if they ever stated who made the wand Fleur uses, but the books just say it was given to her.

Many speculate that Fleur's wand was made by her grandmother (or possibly a custom wand maker) as it contains a Veela hair and her grandmother was a Veela.

But we do know for sure that Krum's wand is a Gregorovitch (and supposedly one of the last ones he ever sold)

Many speculate that Fleur's wand was made by her grandmother (or possibly a custom wand maker) as it contains a Veela hair and her grandmother was a Veela.

But we do know for sure that Krum's wand is a Gregorovitch (and supposedly one of the last ones he ever sold)

Make the experience similar but just different enough from Ollivanders and I would imagine this would be a hit, especially when there's another FB movie or two where they could find time for a scene or two showing off a new Parisian wand shop.

That's assuming the UEU Paris takes place in the 1920s.

Status
Not open for further replies.