Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who have been online long enough and know who these players are and the drama behind the scenes this is the culmination of over 15 years of Disney history if it’s true.
The part that heightens the interest is the possibility that Spirit wrote the Medium post. I've followed both to a degree since about the mid-00's. If all is true, it's a crazy way to see things come to an end.

I am very surprised that the thread has any legs at all. I mean, isn’t this all just inside gossip and silliness?
I mean, if what is said in the article is true (which is a big if), then the "Al Lutz" moniker was used by high-ranking Disney officials to help get Eisner booted and Iger the CEO position. That's a pretty major revelation.

I am very surprised that the thread has any legs at all. I mean, isn’t this all just inside gossip and silliness?
The Disney fandom is a land of loyalties and oaths, though. This, true or not, is a
"Man behind the curtain" moment to them. Al Lutz, Spirit, TP2000, the Save Disney movement, were basically soul ties in the mid-aughts. I read Lutz religiously, and even butted heads with some people before they spun off to here way back then. I'm fascinated, while bored because this makes no difference a decade after the fact.

The Disney fandom is a land of loyalties and oaths, though. This, true or not, is a
"Man behind the curtain" moment to them. Al Lutz, Spirit, TP2000, the Save Disney movement, were basically soul ties in the mid-aughts. I read Lutz religiously, and even butted heads with some people before they spun off to here way back then. I'm fascinated, while bored because this makes no difference a decade after the fact.
Yeah, it's more of a fascination than anything. Just the other day when the post came onto MiceChat from Lutz, people were legit EXCITED because - in today's lingo - he's always had the tea. People genuinely cared about him too, especially with his failing health. Spirit is a bit different. He's always sort of been loved or hated. His posting style does that. In his later years at WDWMagic, it's increasingly felt he's just posting to build his celebrity rather than actually having any real information. TP2000 is where things get interesting, especially if he *was* ghost writing for Lutz.

So yeah, really it's just about the impact these names have had on the Disney community and overall fascination with the story, especially because it's sort of out of nowhere. Then again, so was Lutz's SWGE post.

My sleuthing figured it out:

Best I can make of it, though I feel relatively confident:
-Mike Snyder is Spirit/WDW1974. Either Gary Snyder or Mike are also the.dreamfinder
-TP2000 could be innocent in the ordeal.
-There *is* a Troy Porter. TP2000 is Troy. But based on photomatt’s responses and threats and subsequent immediate apology, maybe Troy didn’t ghost write. Or Micechat was just backpedaling.

-The story is legit and has legs. TP2000 could have been just a case of mistaken identity. But there are background moves in media to undermine current regimes. We knew this on the surface, but that article takes it deeper.

The drama is fun, but the meat and potatoes is the using of media to dictate their occupational desires within WDW.

Edit: The whole thing is hilarious.
Spirit is such an immature a-hole and petty beyond belief. Total narcissist as well. But also highly accurate.

Last edited:
This whole thing is way over my head. I do often wonder what the true intentions are of people that share bits and pieces of information on message boards.

I mean Teebin could not JK Rowling for all I know.

Martin is beyond reproach. Through all the community drama, he seems to be as Switzerland as they come. And one of the best sources of info on the net.

If you were to ask the guy who runs Magic if he knew that Spirit was fabricating large portions of his posts in the latter years, the answer would be yes. So when he’s the source of an article like yesterday's or screeching that Magic is full of paid advocates to shout down dissent (which if true, they’re not doing a good job) ... sorry, his credibility is somewhere back in 2013.

Martin is beyond reproach. Through all the community drama, he seems to be as Switzerland as they come. And one of the best sources of info on the net.

If you were to ask the guy who runs Magic if he knew that Spirit was fabricating large portions of his posts in the latter years, the answer would be yes. So when he’s the source of an article like yesterday's or screeching that Magic is full of paid advocates to shout down dissent (which if true, they’re not doing a good job) ... sorry, his credibility is somewhere back in 2013.
I'm sure Steve (runs Magic) knew things about Spirit, but he let it slide because if you look at all of his threads on the site, they are all among the most viewed and have the most posts.

Basically, from about 2008-18, Spirit was big box office. He was the Dwayne Johnson of the site. I'm sure he brought in a lot of ad-revenue so they were willing to look the other way.

I’ve obsessively read every post on every thread since this went down. Spirit being the Snyder’s make sense. What stands out to me is TP2000s responses. They seem....off. I get being chill, if that’s your general persona, but there’s something in his posts that seem to ring very very false, even through text. “Laughing hysterically” - “Best Laughs I’ve ever had” just seem like he’s trying too hard.

I’ve obsessively read every post on every thread since this went down. Spirit being the Snyder’s make sense. What stands out to me is TP2000s responses. They seem....off. I get being chill, if that’s your general persona, but there’s something in his posts that seem to ring very very false, even through text. “Laughing hysterically” - “Best Laughs I’ve ever had” just seem like he’s trying too hard.
Also I believe a poster pointed out the he lied about the meaning behind his screen name twice. At first he stated TP stood for theme park and then on another post I remember him saying something to like it was a first name and had Swedish origins.

His name is 100% Troy Potter. 100%. Obviously Spirit outed him originally (as they met before), but some sleuthing on there by DoubleJ21 confirmed it 100%. He removed the posts as not to overstep, but he even knew his previous addresses via whitepages and it lined up perfectly with his posts.

TP2000 being Troy Potter isn’t a question. The question is, is he just some nobody like me and you, or was he actually the ghost writer for Al.
That’s the thing up for discussion.

@Alicia aren't you glad you’re new to the game, relatively speaking, so you’re not in any of this?
This is what you can look forward to in 15 years. Because some Theme Park people are weird as hell and they’ll somehow find a way to bring you into some drama.

His name is 100% Troy Potter. 100%. Obviously Spirit outed him originally (as they met before), but some sleuthing on there by DoubleJ21 confirmed it 100%. He removed the posts as not to overstep, but he even knew his previous addresses via whitepages and it lined up perfectly with his posts.

TP2000 being Troy Potter isn’t a question. The question is, is he just some nobody like me and you, or was he actually the ghost writer for Al.
That’s the thing up for discussion.

@Alicia aren't you glad you’re new to the game, relatively speaking, so you’re not in any of this?
This is what you can look forward to in 15 years. Because some Theme Park people are weird as hell and they’ll somehow find a way to bring you into some drama.
I may be relatively new ‘round here, but I’ve already been wrongfully accused, misattributed, and misquoted enough to see what a strange and dangerous minefield theme park blogging really is.

Might need to start tiptoeing on eggshells. Don’t want everyone to figure out I’m actually a dog.

FB9CBFF2-F2C7-49F2-84DE-F1001750DB91.jpeg

to see what a strange and dangerous minefield theme park blogging really is.

I mean, the majority of your audience’s biggest thought throughout the day is about theme parks and recreation.
If that isn’t a breeding ground for bored whiners, what is?

Redirect and blog about farm equipment instead. Those people don’t have time to whine and spin drama like us bored psychopaths do.

I may be relatively new ‘round here, but I’ve already been wrongfully accused, misattributed, and misquoted enough to see what a strange and dangerous minefield theme park blogging really is.

Might need to start tiptoeing on eggshells. Don’t want everyone to figure out I’m actually a dog.

View attachment 10645
soooo, you're Figment on WDW Magic. Now we can check back on all of your Magic posts ....caught ya....shouldn't have left that avatar trail. ;):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.