Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

To be honest, why would they need escalators for the main entrance? Everything's flat bottom, so it makes no sense putting the escalators in.

Assuming it'd be the Osaka version in a sense, with the esclators; it'd be as a means to get people up from the point of entrance to the land, into the plaza next to Princess Peach's castle.

My curiosity, would be if the main exit of SNW for the time being, will then be the hallway in-between the restrooms and Jurassic Cafe; considering how Orlando had proper exits in mind for the land in the Kidzone version.

To be honest, why would they need escalators for the main entrance? Everything's flat bottom, so it makes no sense putting the escalators in.
The entrance to the original design of the land (for Japan and Orlando) is to have you enter the land on the second level, exiting out of Peach’s Castle. The entrance to Mario Kart is also on this level.

The entrance to the original design of the land (for Japan and Orlando) is to have you enter the land on the second level, exiting out of Peach’s Castle. The entrance to Mario Kart is also on this level.

What confuses me slightly, is that the entrance to Mario Kart considering Hollywood's seeming layout..is extremely closer to the courtyard than people are thinking.

I have to wonder how Universal Creative Hollywood's going to confront that potential situation of a bottleneck.

What confuses me slightly, is that the entrance to Mario Kart considering Hollywood's seeming layout..is extremely closer to the courtyard than people are thinking.

I have to wonder how Universal Creative Hollywood's going to confront that potential situation of a bottleneck.
The Mario Kart showbuilding is rotated 90 degrees in Hollywood as compared to the other versions. So, yes, will be interesting to see how they do the entrance, as well as what elements of the Mushroom Kingdom will go where.

The Mario Kart showbuilding is rotated 90 degrees in Hollywood as compared to the other versions. So, yes, will be interesting to see how they do the entrance, as well as what elements of the Mushroom Kingdom will go where.

I feel with especially the multi-layered aspect, it leaves a lot to question in the terms to how Operations for Hollywood will be reacting and studying towards the Osaka opening; and to then apply it for the 2021 opening.

That said..I do legitimately feel like there's a small chance that they might add something else towards the Hollywood land. Even if it's something as small as a version of Minion Ray Sliders but themed towards the Mushroom Kingdom; you are dealing with a much more uneven land in offerings compared to other versions.

I feel with especially the multi-layered aspect, it leaves a lot to question in the terms to how Operations for Hollywood will be reacting and studying towards the Osaka opening; and to then apply it for the 2021 opening.

That said..I do legitimately feel like there's a small chance that they might add something else towards the Hollywood land. Even if it's something as small as a version of Minion Ray Sliders but themed towards the Mushroom Kingdom; you are dealing with a much more uneven land in offerings compared to other versions.
I’d hardly call it a land if it ends up with only 1 ride. More like a ride and plaza like JW... with a play area, quick service, and meet and greets, set in front of the main attraction.

I’d hardly call it a land if it ends up with only 1 ride. More like a ride and plaza like JW... with a play area, quick service, and meet and greets, set in front of the main attraction.
I guess we’ll have our answer if they start knocking down Panda Express and the Studio Cafe. Maybe our version of the DK coaster will be more akin to Flight of the Hippogriff, something a little smaller and more manageable but another ride to justify a whole land, per your point.

But keep in mind that the queue is nearly independent from the ride. Having to reconfigure the queue would be much simpler with Mark Kart than say Forbidden Journey where the queue and the ride share a custom fitted space. I believe we'll see the main entrance on the bottom left corner (somewhat similar to Japan's)..

Dark rides with objects within close proximity feel faster than they are. Indiana Jones/Dinosaur have some good moments. Heck, even Mr Toads feels “fast” with all the whipping back and forth.

That, plus some special effects, should help. But this will likely be a family attraction for most everyone, not a thrill ride.

I did talk a lot about patents Universal filed for effects that could make the ride feel faster in part 1 of my Epic Universe article recently.

Good points, I think Indiana Jones and Dinosaur have a top speed of just 13mph. Mr. Toad is a great example of using very simple techniques to make a ride feel much faster and wilder than it actually is.

If I were Universal, I’d commit to a full redesign of the LL, similar to what was done during the 5 years expansion plan. I’d enlarge the Jurassic World area into the plaza at the base of the Starway and knock out Mummy and replace it with that new JW coaster coming to Beijing. Expand the Jurassic World theme with much foliage, creating a more natural feel. Straight ahead, there’d be the portal to SNW, similar to where the restrooms are now. And to the right, there’d be a New York themed area around Transformers that easily lends itself to further expansion to the right of TF. Likely? No. Reasonable? Yes.
C5EA3E5D-E798-48DF-BD0D-2B91869F4A1A.jpeg

Last edited:
While I would love to have a thrill coaster of that magnitude at USH, I honestly don’t think it’ll ever happen, especially on the lower lot, which is so close to the sound stages.

Wow, that is really going up fast!

Let alone call it a 'world'!

While I would love to have a thrill coaster of that magnitude at USH, I honestly don’t think it’ll ever happen, especially on the lower lot, which is so close to the sound stages.

Could be wrong but I think he means the JW dome coaster from Beijing which is partially indoors and looks to be family level thrills.

^I didn't realize that! Is more known about the specifics of that ride system? Will it be like an omnimover at Diseny, like the old Kingdom of the Dinasaurs/Berry Tales, or more like the current incarnation of Journey Into Imagination? Or more traditional dark ride vehicles, ala Cat in the Hat?

This has been asked before, but.....

If Nintendo Land in Hollywood is going to get 2 rides, or even if they plan on making it a living breathing area like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I assume some of those soundstages have to be moved in the next year or so?