Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29 Construction Thread

OMG :lmao:Add a couple of strobes and you have the sneakiest and scariest part of the zone
I didnt even think of the drunks lol

So much potential. Water, corpses, fog and strobes coupled with a loud sound effect every time someone opens it.

If universal doesn’t do this they missed out big time! Lol.

Then again it might be ruined by lame guests that hang around playing with them, opening them over and over again. Some things are better just left simple.

So much potential. Water, corpses, fog and strobes coupled with a loud sound effect every time someone opens it.

If universal doesn’t do this they missed out big time! Lol.

Then again it might be ruined by lame guests that hang around playing with them, opening them over and over again. Some things are better just left simple.

Or ruined by the one drumk that pees inside anyways lol

I'd guess that this is just a temporary setup maybe to try and stop guests going in them during the day. At night they could have one or more open with corpses in them or possibly a scare actor popping out?

Just a guess though!

I'm with you - I still wonder if they're going to have scareactors in them because the red/yellow/blue fence that covers the back of the porta-a-potties seems to indicate that there will be something going in from the back. I know this tweet is a few days old, and there is construction tape now, but the fences were still there as of this afternoon.

I haven’t character designs yet, as they could very well not be as time-period focused, but the fact that they’re going with an Art Deco aesthetic with crazy plastic surgeons definitely warrants the comparison, in my opinion.
It's gotten to the point anything horror with Art Deco will draw BioShock comparisons. The problem with that is that Art Deco and horror existed for decades before BioShock was a thing. BioShock didn't create the aesthetic.

It's gotten to the point anything horror with Art Deco will draw BioShock comparisons. The problem with that is that Art Deco and horror existed for decades before BioShock was a thing. BioShock didn't create the aesthetic.
This is true it’s just bioshock is the most popular. Like saws n steam was technically a bioshock house I would still love to see the actual IP be used for a house because of all the potential!

I don’t think Art Deco warrants the comparison by itself, I’m just saying having the same art style combined with a subject matter that’s from a section of the game warrants the comparison.

I don’t think Art Deco warrants the comparison by itself, I’m just saying having the same art style combined with a subject matter that’s from a section of the game warrants the comparison.

Yeah there’s a reason why when people see that style in a horror setting they say it has bioshock vibes.
It’s entered the zeitgeist

In fairness, the released image really does look like a Splicer. Obviously Bioshock builds off of decades of influence, but the comparison has real weight. That said, it's almost as valid to refer to this as something like Sleep No More.

Either way... it looks great!