Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Web Slingers (DCA)

I would honestly love it if DCA went with Marvel COMICS instead of the MCU. But unfortunately it's too late - they've already got Mission Breakout and they counted their chickens before they hatched.

but why would you want to? If you are Disney and super pro synergy then why theme an attraction that is all ready designed to be generic, with a character that’s no longer associated with the MCU?
Because Spider-Man is the biggest marvel hero and will bring people to the parks. No one cares about a SHIELD shooter. They care about park tickets.

I would honestly love it if DCA went with Marvel COMICS instead of the MCU. But unfortunately it's too late - they've already got Mission Breakout and they counted their chickens before they hatched.

It makes me angry that USH didn't bother to promote the Marvel characters here in California. IMO, they would have done a far better job in creating Marvel attractions than Disney would have done. Unfortunately, as we all know, Universal's parent company in the 2000s didn't bother to invest and had no care in the theme parks, so all Marvel characters left USH in 2007.

Since Sunday it’s been one negative story after another.

On the ride theme I can’t imagine Disney would choose to make a ride about Spider-Man if they weren’t 100% confident that they would be able to use the character in the future. Maybe this is why the concept art showed such a generic theme. They could easily scrap Spider-Man and go with iron man or any other of the tech focus super hero. I do have to wonder though if the lackluster response the attractions concept art leak and this will have any effect in switching the rides character.

Can I get a recap?

Can I get a recap?

Talks about extending Disney and Sony's partnership to feature Spider-Man in the MCU broke down. Spider-Man will no longer be associated with the MCU and Sony will be taking back full control of the character. This calls into question the new Spiderman ride at the Disneyland Resort. I guess it may be possible that the ride required a separate contract negotiation that hasn't been made public, one that would have needed to be set in stone already, but that being said it calls into question if Disney would still go forward with a ride featuring a character no long associated with MCU in the MCU Land.

Talks about extending Disney and Sony's partnership to feature Spider-Man in the MCU broke down. Spider-Man will no longer be associated with the MCU and Sony will be taking back full control of the character. This calls into question the new Spiderman ride at the Disneyland Resort. I guess it may be possible that the ride required a separate contract negotiation that hasn't been made public, one that would have needed to be set in stone already, but that being said it calls into question if Disney would still go forward with a ride featuring a character no long associated with MCU in the MCU Land.

No, I meant that he implied many other bad things had happened with Disney, other than the Spidey deal falling apart.

No, I meant that he implied many other bad things had happened with Disney, other than the Spidey deal falling apart.

Disney is being investigated by the SEC for possibly falsifying theme park revenue. There was also a massive kerfuffle over a Medium article that alleges some of Disney Forum's biggest posters are sockpuppets maintained by the company to make them look good/criticize Bob Chapek. It's a mess.

Ah, well the Medium article detailing Disney swaying fan opinion through Al Lutz (among MANY other things, it's a rollercoaster if even half of it is true) and then the reports coming out yesterday about the whistelblower going to the SEC with possible evidence that Disney has been cooking their books to reflect a higher revenue than they were actually making (which is a big deal as that directly influences stock prices and could mean serious trouble if investigated and turns out true). And then there is the news about a fan favorite "celeb" CM doing, well... not so good things. So yeah, bad week for Disney leading up to D23.

Well, I mean, GotG could always be changed. I know it’s highly, highly unlikely, but it’s not like it’s something that can’t be changed.

Spider-Man deserves more than a D-Ticket shooter. I say give the concept to Black Widow. They’re already in the process of filming her solo movie, so I can’t imagine it would be too difficult to get ScarJo. It also allows for cross promotion as it’s coming out in May of 2020.
I mean, ScarJo is the highest paid female actress out there right now, so she wouldn’t exactly be easy, either.

I mean, ScarJo is the highest paid female actress out there right now, so she wouldn’t exactly be easy, either.

True, but the fact that they’re currently filming a movie that she stars in, it might be easier to get ahold of her than it would be otherwise.

If they’ve already filmed with Holland for the ride (which I don’t know one way or the other), would they be able to use that for the ride or could Sony say no now?

If they’ve already filmed with Holland for the ride (which I don’t know one way or the other), would they be able to use that for the ride or could Sony say no now?

Probably use it, but I don’t think they have yet. I mean they didn’t film for GOTG ride at Epcot when they could have.

Probably use it, but I don’t think they have yet. I mean they didn’t film for GOTG ride at Epcot when they could have.
They can film with characters they have the rights to whenever they want though. You’d think, knowing they only had Spidey on a five-picture deal, that they would’ve tried to get that done in a more timely manner.