Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

After reading that, I'm slightly confused. Is 2 nights the maximum you can book at the hotel?

The immersive hotel experience (with the current proposed name Star Wars: Galactic Journeys) is set to fully-encapsulate guests in the Star Wars universe, putting them aboard a 2-night, 3-day space cruise on the Chandrila Star Line.

I believe this hotel is designed to complement a vacation and isn’t designed for a long stay. I’ve always envisioned it like a cruise on land. You have an itinerary and boarding date with most likely a planned trip to GE on a specific day and activities within the hotel that build on that experience.

That's so interesting. I was curious how the whole thing would work out, especially for all the interactive elements that were semi-announced (just that there will be lol). I wonder if they'll also come up with some sort of themed transport to the hotel?

That's so interesting. I was curious how the whole thing would work out, especially for all the interactive elements that were semi-announced (just that there will be lol). I wonder if they'll also come up with some sort of themed transport to the hotel?
I believe the parking lot for this hotel is going to be in the back near CM parking so there's only so much that will be able to be done. Of course they could surprise me and have you park in back of the hotel as there's a small plot and then transport over. But there's still gonna have to be a suspension of disbelief as you'll be transitioning from pedestrian WDW to a hyper-themed resort.

I believe the parking lot for this hotel is going to be in the back near CM parking so there's only so much that will be able to be done. Of course they could surprise me and have you park in back of the hotel as there's a small plot and then transport over. But there's still gonna have to be a suspension of disbelief as you'll be transitioning from pedestrian WDW to a hyper-themed resort.

Unless they have the lobby be the cruise "port" and then you "enter" the ship inside some how.

\
By using a bus system it would allow them to scale up the number of buss needed at any given time to meet demand where as a train system would be dependent on the capacity and travel time.

What demand? This will be priced to sell out every night, There will literally be no change in demand ever for this product unless they introduce more capacity or massively screw the whole thing up.

\

What demand? This will be priced to sell out every night, There will literally be no change in demand ever for this product unless they introduce more capacity or massively screw the whole thing up.

by the plans leaked the bus has limited capacity with what I assume is less than 15-20 people per ride and that’s pushing it. It will probably be less. On the GE excursion day I would imagine they would wanna have more than two bus going back and forth. Imagine if everyone decides to “disembark” during a peak period like lunch or evening. Plus from a maintenance view if one of the vehicles is having some issue it can easily be swapped for another bus.

by the plans leaked the bus has limited capacity with what I assume is less than 15-20 people per ride and that’s pushing it. It will probably be less. On the GE excursion day I would imagine they would wanna have more than two bus going back and forth. Imagine if everyone decides to “disembark” during a peak period like lunch or evening. Plus from a maintenance view if one of the vehicles is having some issue it can easily be swapped for another bus.

Just a guess, but I imagine guests' departure times are carefully planned out.

We keep comparing this to a cruise, but I wonder if a 2-day-long escape room is a better analogy. You're allowed some freedom within activities, but after an hour, time to move on to the next show element.

Not too far off from what I was expecting although my heart still jumped actually seeing those prices. I guess they figure there's only 100 rooms they have to fill so they'll see how far they can push it? I'm still unsure who the target demographic is for this hotel. I'd love to stay here, but not at those prices.
Maybe there will be a coupon day.

But seriously...I'm fascinated to see if there's any semblance of a long-term market for this

CONCEPT ART: First Look at Immersive Guest Transport System for the Star Wars Hotel at Disney's Hollywood Studios - WDW News Today

Call me crazy but being in a bus without seeing the driver or anything outside kinda freaks me out, but at least it's a short drive from the hotel over to the park...

No different than being on a plane or a cruise except it's a bus and apparently costs the same.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Does that include parking?

I really think long term, if the pricing stays up, they will struggle to fill it. First year or two they may be able to fill it.....one problem with the entire GESWL concept is the very expensive experiences....hotel, light sabers, robot building. I really see all of that having difficulty past their first year or two. That's costly, and except for a small niche of hardcore fans, I'm guessing big time declining numbers after the initial year or two burst of interest.