Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

That's costly, and except for a small niche of hardcore fans, I'm guessing big time declining numbers after the initial year or two burst of interest.

The only way I see continued interest in this is if they do different themes each year/or every other year. Like OT, PT, ST, Clone Wars, etc....

This was kinda of the price range I was expecting. Since this is the *optimal* way to spend time in an in-canon Star Wars area, it'll always have to be in the sequel trilogy.

However, with the meh-ness off the milk, the issues with the park opening, the delay of the ride, I'm not sure how many people of the general population will say "I need to do this" without knowing what they're getting into. I know I'd want to see reviews before plunking down that kind of money.

No different than being on a plane or a cruise except it's a bus and apparently costs the same.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Does that include parking?

For that money I would want Bob Iger himself to come down and valet park my car.

That's nice I suppose, it's like going on a cruise, but with no pool, ocean, or outdoor windows. Also you get to dress up and pretend your a space traveler I guess?

With the timid response to Galaxy Edge in DLR, and the lukewarm reviews of Smugglers Run...I'm thinking a couple of execs are shaking in their boots on this project.

Not only will the hotel need to deliver the "goods", but the park itself will need to live up to it as well. Imagine being in a hotel with all this "alien life" and other nonsense, and then landing on planet stroller.

Maybe they should have concentrated on making Galaxy's Edge a "Destination" before building a "Destination Hotel"?

Sorry to sound pessimistic, I just know I will never be able to afford staying here.

That's nice I suppose, it's like going on a cruise, but with no pool, ocean, or outdoor windows. Also you get to dress up and pretend your a space traveler I guess?

With the timid response to Galaxy Edge in DLR, and the lukewarm reviews of Smugglers Run...I'm thinking a couple of execs are shaking in their boots on this project.

Not only will the hotel need to deliver the "goods", but the park itself will need to live up to it as well. Imagine being in a hotel with all this "alien life" and other nonsense, and then landing on planet stroller.

Maybe they should have concentrated on making Galaxy's Edge a "Destination" before building a "Destination Hotel"?

Sorry to sound pessimistic, I just know I will never be able to afford staying here.
Thing is, this is a pretty cheap project with a very high potential ROI. If i'm Disney, I still have plenty of hope for this. And even if it doesn't work in the concept that they want it too, it's still a hotel in prime location. Could easily be changed a bit to be a regular hotel if the immersive model fails.

I think WDWNT played telephone and it’s $3300 per room for 2 nights/3 days and not per person.
It's $3,300 for the first person. Additional guests are cheaper. A cabin of 5 is $7,200, for example, so $975/person extra. So a family of 4 would be around $6,200 +/- depending on if they have different amounts for kids.

After reading that, I'm slightly confused. Is 2 nights the maximum you can book at the hotel?
I think forcing a set amount of nights is the best option. 2 nights maximum.
Keep in mind that the only sunlight you are going to see is when you finally make it to Galaxy's Edge. That, in and of itself, will be a pretty crazy experience.

What will be interesting is how they manage check-ins. They have 2 options and each have pros and cons:
1) Everyone checks in on the same day. 10% likely.
Pros: They can write a story from start to finish with the entirety of their guests and have everything connect. Maybe Kylo Ren boards on one day during a dinner and checks everyone's ID, etc.
Cons: Turn around on rooms. This means all rooms must be turned around on a single day at a single time instead of breaking it up in two. For this reason alone, I think this isn't going to happen.

2) They do different day check-ins. This is 90% likely.
Example: Group A checks in on Monday is on 3rd floor. Group B checks in on Tuesday and is on 4th floor.
Pros: It's much easier on housekeeping, front desk staff, bellman.
Cons: You have to separate the story to make it cohesive and guests will interact less with the other group (if at all). Say Group A is 5:30pm dinner and Group B is 7pm dinner. They never eat together, they never go to shows together, they never go to Galaxy's edge together, etc. It's a bit harder on planning, but better overall.

If they did 1 night or 3 night stays, it would throw everything off. So all the same amount (2 nights) is more than ideal. And I think they do daily check ins with an assigned group. Half of the attendance checking in everyday and half checking out.

Thing is, this is a pretty cheap project with a very high potential ROI. If i'm Disney, I still have plenty of hope for this. And even if it doesn't work in the concept that they want it too, it's still a hotel in prime location. Could easily be changed a bit to be a regular hotel if the immersive model fails.
I think they could end up scrapping the price which is all inclusive to something that you can choose either the all inclusive price or the lowest price where you then have to pay for each event that happens within the hotel, similar to what cruises do with the different deals they offer for perks. Or just cutting the all inclusiveness all together.

I really want to see the full pricing structure now.

A 1-person stay in a basic room is $3300.
A 5-person stay in a basic room is $7200.

Is the base price $3300 and then each additional person $975?
Is pricing going to be a complete black box?
Does upgrading your room to the "Captain's Quarters" get you anything special outside of a bigger room?

What will be interesting is how they manage check-ins. They have 2 options and each have pros and cons:
1) Everyone checks in on the same day. 10% likely.
Pros: They can write a story from start to finish with the entirety of their guests and have everything connect. Maybe Kylo Ren boards on one day during a dinner and checks everyone's ID, etc.
Cons: Turn around on rooms. This means all rooms must be turned around on a single day at a single time instead of breaking it up in two. For this reason alone, I think this isn't going to happen.

If it's supposed to be a "cruise" then maybe they would staff it like a cruise? Cause they pretty much have to turn around all the cabins in one day. Not even a whole day. I mean a cruise ship would still probably have more "cabins" so it may be easier. But who knows at this point.

If it's supposed to be a "cruise" then maybe they would staff it like a cruise? Cause they pretty much have to turn around all the cabins in one day. Not even a whole day. I mean a cruise ship would still probably have more "cabins" so it may be easier. But who knows at this point.

To be fair, I'm not sure how cruises work. But I would assume that their housekeeping has additional staff at their primary port of call and/or, more likely it's outsourced at the primary port of call. Meaning they staff for the routine mid-stay cleanings and don't get the staff required for a full turnaround that is much more labor intensive than a mid-stay clean at a hotel.

If they did turnaround every 2 days, and staffed for that- Let's pretend that would require -say 10 for easy math- people for that turnaround. And during a mid-night stay of simple picking up and making bed it would take 5 people for all the rooms, so the other 5 are twiddling their thumbs (or all 10 are just half working). Or, they just have a staff of 7-8 and can stay optimally staffed.

Let's not forget Chapek jetisoned a lot of the immersive elements in GE (rooftop battles, droids, etc) that would have lent to the hotel experience greatly. What's the point of having this super immersive hotel and have everything scaled back once you "land" on Battu? For $3,300, I'd better see some lightsaber battles between Lucas and Iger.

Let's not forget Chapek jetisoned a lot of the immersive elements in GE (rooftop battles, droids, etc) that would have lent to the hotel experience greatly. What's the point of having this super immersive hotel and have everything scaled back once you "land" on Battu? For $3,300, I'd better see some lightsaber battles between Lucas and Iger.

*inserts photoshopped image of Eisner as Palpatine*

With this information leaking so close to D23, I wouldn’t be surprised if they announced that the hotel will start accepting reservations September 1st or something along those lines.

I don’t know if they’re wrong as much as it’s not the full details. Cruise ships base their pricing on two guests, so a family of four could cost around $4800-6600, not $3300 per person.

Did you not read the article? They specifically said prices for different numbers of people. Their numbers could be wrong, but they specifically mentioned a single person being $3,300 and a group of 5 being $7,200. Your assertion that "double occupancy" is $3,300 doesn't make sense with the numbers stated. Why not get 2 rooms then? This is twice now you've brought up the same thing.

I think WDWNT played telephone and it’s $3300 per room for 2 nights/3 days and not per person.

It's $3,300 for the first person. Additional guests are cheaper. A cabin of 5 is $7,200, for example, so $975/person extra. So a family of 4 would be around $6,200 +/- depending on if they have different amounts for kids.