Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe

I was going to ask if Universal was going to have to pay whoever owned the film The Phantom Creeps for the use of their designs given that that's where Rob Zombie got the Creeper from, but then it turned out to be a film produced and distributed by Universal, so hey. Today I learned.

I was going to ask if Universal was going to have to pay whoever owned the film The Phantom Creeps for the use of their designs given that that's where Rob Zombie got the Creeper from, but then it turned out to be a film produced and distributed by Universal, so hey. Today I learned.

He better show up.....theres no excuse. He better be there

Okay, this just got a little more complicated.

In 2005, Hellbilly Deluxe was re-released with a bonus DVD which contained a music video for EVERY. SONG. ON. THE. ALBUM. I haven't seen any of those "unofficial" music videos but this means there could be a plethora of content packed through SF.

Okay, this just got a little more complicated.

In 2005, Hellbilly Deluxe was re-released with a bonus DVD which contained a music video for EVERY. SONG. ON. THE. ALBUM. I haven't seen any of those "unofficial" music videos but this means there could be a plethora of content packed through SF.

If the videos were concert footage then it could be hard

If the videos were concert footage then it could be hard

What I read said that they were directed by Zombie himself. I don't see anything that mentions it being live footage. I gotta find those videos.

OR it could be stage set-pieces used for those other songs.

HERE is what I found.

Last edited:
What I read said that they were directed by Zombie himself. I don't see anything that mentions it being live footage. I gotta find those videos.

OR it could be stage set-pieces used for those other songs.

HERE is what I found.

A rob zombie house would be pretty amazing. Im glad we have a zone but a house would be insane.

A rob zombie house would be pretty amazing. Im glad we have a zone but a house would be insane.

It could happen next year. With all of the sets they have for the SZ (and they could take certain scenes from some of his movies as well) it seems like it may be a bit of a waste if they don't.

Have we forgotten just how congested this street becomes during HHN? I'm more than a little concerned by the amount of set pieces staged here. I hope the flow is much better than it has been in recent years, but I have doubts.
That's what TM preview and opening weekend is for. I wouldn't be surprised if something from that zone gets removed to give guests more space.

Have we forgotten just how congested this street becomes during HHN? I'm more than a little concerned by the amount of set pieces staged here. I hope the flow is much better than it has been in recent years, but I have doubts.

This is exactly the reason I reallyyy wasn’t a fan of the Killer Klowns SZ. Mind you, obviously the set pieces and costumers were amazing, but because of the congestion, the slow movement of the klowns, and it’s location it didn’t feel like scarezone. More like a cosplay convention lol.

It was located in an “out of the way” part of the park, so instead of people naturally walking through it I noticed myself and a lot of people would walk in on the Vamp 85 side, walk around for a little bit, then go back out the way they came from. There was no natural walk-through flow, in one way and out the other, like the other zones.

Actually early on in the 2018 spec I had hoped they would put Killer Klowns in Hollywood, themed around the parade from the movie. I think that may have worked better, but it turned out best anyways because Chucky was my favorite zone last year.

Okay off-topic rant’s over. But for those reasons I’m so glad they decided to go with San Fran again this year and not the Killer Klowns location (idk the name) like early speculation maps placed Hellbilly Deluxe at.

I don’t think congestion is going to be an issue with this zone. Invasion and Dead Man’s Wharf were mostly congested because of the construction of F&F and the huge center pieces, and neither seem to be an issue with Hellbilly Deluxe.

Last edited:
This is exactly the reason I reallyyy wasn’t a fan of the Killer Klowns SZ. Mind you, obviously the set pieces and costumers were amazing, but because of the congestion, the slow movement of the klowns, and it’s location it didn’t feel like scarezone. More like a cosplay convention lol.

It was located in an “out of the way” part of the park, so instead of people naturally walking through it I noticed myself and a lot of people would walk in on the Vamp 85 side, walk around for a little bit, then go back out the way they came from. There was no natural walk-through flow, in one way and out the other, like the other zones.

Actually early on in the 2018 spec I had hoped they would put Killer Klowns in Hollywood, themed around the parade from the movie. I think that may have worked better, but it turned out best anyways because Chucky was my favorite zone last year.

Okay off-topic rant’s over. But for those reasons I’m so glad they decided to go with San Fran again this year and not the Killer Klowns location (idk the name) like early speculation maps placed Hellbilly Deluxe at.

I don’t think congestion is going to be an issue with this zone. Invasion and Dead Man’s Wharf were mostly congested because of the construction of F&F and the huge center pieces, and neither seem to be an issue with Hellbilly Deluxe.

I wouldnt call it a cosplay convention but an enhanced greeting experience lol.
I loved it even if what you said happened, the clowns were never that aggresive in the movie either, they ran in some scenes but they were just as slow as the actors in the zone in most of the movie