Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

You know, I would actually like to see a Twilight Zone maze (Classic) come to HHN. The thought of Rod Serling narrarating each scene would be awesome.

I would love this. I would hate the idea of a maze based on the terrible CBS All Access reboot, but the original Twilight Zone has so many iconic moments that would be amazing to experience in a maze. Plus, the Rod Serling narration would add so much.

I love the idea of Curse of Pandora's Box. Greek Mythology is a largely untapped source for so many potential great horror stories. This maze could be really epic. I much prefer getting original mazes based off ideas that I like opposed to IP mazes based off IPs that I don't care about.

We talked about this earlier, but it was probably some kind of show that would happen every Sunday at HHN, like Dark Arts at Hogwarts or something.

Would make sense, as they just did pyro testing last night (and are doing it again tonight).

The question would be, would Hogsmeade be open for the entirety of the event; with FJ, or would it only be open on the Sundays.

I'm not entirely sure if this thread is the appropriate place to ask this question but I figured it's harmless and I could really use the help so I'll ask anyway: Does anyone know the specifics of HHN's costume policy?

I know the general rule is no costumes, no masks, and no face paint but what do they consider to be a costume? If my costume just looks like a normal outfit, but I'm wearing some fake facial hair (Hopper from Stranger Things in his Season 3 look if you're wondering), would they turn me away? I'm debating on whether or not I should buy a ticket for 10/31 and this would make or break my decision.

I'm not entirely sure if this thread is the appropriate place to ask this question but I figured it's harmless and I could really use the help so I'll ask anyway: Does anyone know the specifics of HHN's costume policy?

I know the general rule is no costumes, no masks, and no face paint but what do they consider to be a costume? If my costume just looks like a normal outfit, but I'm wearing some fake facial hair (Hopper from Stranger Things in his Season 3 look if you're wondering), would they turn me away? I'm debating on whether or not I should buy a ticket for 10/31 and this would make or break my decision.
Probably depends how fake the facial hair looks for them to catch on, though odds are if its just regular clothes they still probably can't stop you.

I heard a story of how someone went wearing a red and green sweeter and they got turned away for that. I say don’t wear it, better safe then sorry.

I’ve had some friends do some very light costuming, almost like the Disneybounding stuff the Instagram crowd likes so much, and they never had any issues. That said, they weren’t wearing anything that obscured their faces, like a fake beard or something else like that would. I think you’ll definitely risk security telling you to toss it out, but if it’s subtle enough, who knows? And if your costume is too similar to something people might experience in the park (like a Hopper costume), I would bet they’d turn you away until you changed your clothes. Just my guess, though.

Interesting someone brought that up as I forgot to ask the same thing. I'm wanting to wear my hot pink and green button-up that Hopper wore from S3. I'm not "cosplaying" or obscuring my face/wearing a hat, just the button up he wore from the show. I was concerned as to how strict they are about "no costumes".

I'd say fake facial hair would be a no-no.