Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Florida vs Universal Studios Hollywood

USF or USH

• Total voters
Jun 23, 2018
Which of the main "studio parks," in America win for best overall theme park? Include all the factors like rides, F&B, immersion and theming, quality of the park, beauty, cohesion, etc. Keep in mind to base this off of right now, currently, not what either park used to be like. Please keep mind in, we're comparing the two studio parks, this does not include Islands of Adventure or which is the better resort, it is just the two main parks.

So, anyway which is better? The original and genuine, USH, or the newer and a little larger, USF?

Universal Studios Florida
36829593914_91a45cb472_b.jpg

33637998004_979915c9a9_b.jpg
IMG_4547-L.jpg
rip-ride-rockit.png

Universal Studios Hollywood
IMG_0277.jpg
wizarding-world-harry-potter-universal-hollywood-los-angeles-013.jpg
45713885701_0d919d4ab0_b.jpg
5543190841_d07b282dab_b.jpg

I am kind of undecided since it is hard to vote with the parks in their current state. Mid 90s USF was far superior to modern USH. However, I am not a fan of the recent changes at USF. The best things about USF are the superior version of Revenge of the Mummy, E.T. Adventure, and Men in Black. The good Potter rides are all in IOA. However, USH, has Forbidden Journey plus Jurassic World which USF lacks. I guess I will say overall USF is slightly better, however, it used to be a much wider margin between the two parks. Some of that is because USH has gotten better and some of that is because USF has gotten worse.

I've never been to USH, so I'm withholding my vote.

Though I will say that when SLoP and Mario Kart open in Hollywood, USH will be the clear winner.
However, I am not a fan of the recent changes at USF. The best things about USF are the superior version of Revenge of the Mummy, E.T. Adventure, and Men in Black. The good Potter rides are all in IOA.
Gotta disagree... While I think Hagrids and FJ are far superior to Gringotts, you can't forget King's Cross/train to Hogwarts, which is the clearly better ride compared to Hogsmeade Station/the train to Diagon.

Gotta disagree... While I think Hagrids and FJ are far superior to Gringotts, you can't forget King's Cross/train to Hogwarts, which is the clearly better ride compared to Hogsmeade Station/the train to Diagon.

I agree that the journey from Diagon to Hogwarts is better than Hogsmeade to Diagon. However, I think of the train as more of an elaborately themed transportation method between the parks instead of a D or E Ticket ride on its own.

I am kind of undecided since it is hard to vote with the parks in their current state. Mid 90s USF was far superior to modern USH. However, I am not a fan of the recent changes at USF. The best things about USF are the superior version of Revenge of the Mummy, E.T. Adventure, and Men in Black. The good Potter rides are all in IOA. However, USH, has Forbidden Journey plus Jurassic World which USF lacks. I guess I will say overall USF is slightly better, however, it used to be a much wider margin between the two parks. Some of that is because USH has gotten better and some of that is because USF has gotten worse.
Agreed! I guess I will also say that USF is better but USH is really close to it and it's only getting better. I am not a fan of the recent attractions put in USF. USH has Forbidden Journey, Jurassic World, Studio Tour with all the old Universal rides in it, WaterWorld, and a much more genuine personality to the park since it's a real movie studio. I will also agree that there used to be a much wider margin between the two parks.

Last edited:
Agreed! I guess I will also say that USF is better but USH is really close to it and it's only getting better. I am not a fan of the recent attractions put in USF. USH has Forbidden Journey, Jurassic World, Studio Tour with all the old Universal rides in it, WaterWorld, and a much more genuine personality to the park since it's a real movie studio. I will also agree that there used to be a much wider margin between the two parks.

Also the views you can get from the Upper Lot and Starway make USH one of the most unique parks out there which gives it a lot of the personality that you mentioned.

Also the views you can get from the Upper Lot and Starway make USH one of the most unique parks out there which gives it a lot of the personality that you mentioned.
For sure! USF, to me is quite stark and bland in a lot of spots. It’s not really pretty at all. USH, on the other hand is the most beautiful Universal park. It’s location is fantastic, the views are amazing and so scenic and pretty. The Upper Lot and Starway leading down to the Lower Lot makes for one of the most unique parks out there. It’s personality also is so real, it’s not trying to be a movie soundstage, it IS a movie soundstage. I’ve always had this love for the park because I have an appreciation for it being a REAL movie studio.

For sure! USF, to me is quite stark and bland in a lot of spots. It’s not really pretty at all. USH, on the other hand is the most beautiful Universal park. It’s location is fantastic, the views are amazing and so scenic and pretty. The Upper Lot and Starway leading down to the Lower Lot makes for one of the most unique parks out there. It’s personality also is so real, it’s not trying to be a movie soundstage, it IS a movie soundstage. I’ve always had this love for the park because I have an appreciation for it being a REAL movie studio.
I'm jealous of USH's entrance