Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

Show comes back tonight. I heard there may be minor adjustments like pre/postshow music/images projected onto the water screens. If it happens, it will be a very subtle adjustment, nothing to write home about. More about improving overall experience while waiting for show to begin.

I may be imagining, or forgetting, things.... but there seemed to be more pyro at the ending now than when we saw the show in December.................Also, the daytime fountain shows with the music is a nice touch.
I compared a youtube video from 10 months ago with one from last week and there is a lot different, or at least it seems different. They used a lot more colored fountains in front of the projected image, maybe because they could not fix the contrast of the image with all the mist and fire smoke. There is definitely more pyro! I think the show is fantastic and for some reason I would say it flows better. Can't wait to see it in person.

I compared a youtube video from 10 months ago with one from last week and there is a lot different, or at least it seems different. They used a lot more colored fountains in front of the projected image, maybe because they could not fix the contrast of the image with all the mist and fire smoke. There is definitely more pyro! I think the show is fantastic and for some reason I would say it flows better. Can't wait to see it in person.
thanks....Yes. I was too lazy to look for the video but it seemed pyro at the end was way more significant. A few small scenes were changed too. Yeh, fountains seemed more prominent too, plus a longer beginning intro....The show, in my opinion, is as good as a Disney nightshow. I love the WDW shows so that's big compliment from me. Get there 20to 25 minutes early so you can get a center spot on the rail with no heads blocking your view.

thanks....Yes. I was too lazy to look for the video but it seemed pyro at the end was way more significant. A few small scenes were changed too. Yeh, fountains seemed more prominent too, plus a longer beginning intro....The show, in my opinion, is as good as a Disney nightshow. I love the WDW shows so that's big compliment from me. Get there 20to 25 minutes early so you can get a center spot on the rail with no heads blocking your view.

Sweet! thanks for the advice! I'm hoping it will be on in November. I am actually visiting twice this year. I am going to my first HHNs and back again in November for the Grinchmas. It has been five years since I have been back to Universal Orlando, so really looking forward to riding several new (new for me) rides.

Sweet! thanks for the advice! I'm hoping it will be on in November. I am actually visiting twice this year. I am going to my first HHNs and back again in November for the Grinchmas. It has been five years since I have been back to Universal Orlando, so really looking forward to riding several new (new for me) rides.
The new set and changes for Grinchmas elevated it to another level. Great show with talented cast. We saw it 4 times....and they have the Grinchmas streetmosphere characters out doing skits most of the day. At that time of year Seuss Landing is fantastic. Make sure you ride the trolley when it's dark. It's multiple times better.

About to watch the show tonight And I’m not sure if this is an Easter egg? But there is the word Donzi on the boat house. Is that a reference to the type of boats they used to use for their old show?

About to watch the show tonight And I’m not sure if this is an Easter egg? But there is the word Donzi on the boat house. Is that a reference to the type of boats they used to use for their old show?
Just like SeaWorld and Busch Gardens have riding lawnmowers on display lately from a sponsor, Donzi had several boats in the marina across from Earthquake/Disaster. There was even a big banner in front of them for a many years. Yes, I do believe they provided the boats for Dynamite Nights (maybe,) but they continued some type of sponsorship for more than a decade in some small way by having boats out for show there.

they dont usually have the show during hhn bc both the park closes usually at 7 and they usually use the projectors in hhn

How can you say usually when the show only debuted last year? Yeah they used the projector for the Klowns sz but there's no precedent really set yet for them to use them every year. Or even have an HHN themed version of the show, similar to what they did for HHN 16.

I'll finally be watching this in person for the first time this weekend! Wanted to see what everyones' thoughts are on best viewing positions, I know the water screens can be hit or miss depending on environmental conditions. Thank you!

I'll finally be watching this in person for the first time this weekend! Wanted to see what everyones' thoughts are on best viewing positions, I know the water screens can be hit or miss depending on environmental conditions. Thank you!

Central Park is the best viewing spot, dead center to screens and projections. enjoy, it’s an absolutely amazing show!!!! :)