Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

Is this being live streamed?

Edit: wait, was the 1.30 - 2.30 time for when it would be discussed on Saturday?

Last edited:
It seems whatever is going to be announced, will be talked about in 15 minutes (or shortly after).

I'm..starting to think it's just Frozen 2, simply in-part to a crucial thing: the animation studios do not have a standalone panel. And if they are going to try to get as much of a chance to have Frozen 2 surpass the original..I'd wonder if the marketing rush starts this weekend.

Plus, NFL Live is at 2 on ESPN, and Disney has always had habits of placing ads on-top of Football games

Is this being live streamed?

Edit: wait, was the 1.30 - 2.30 time for when it would be discussed on Saturday?

The secret panel is not being live streamed but the announcement is supposedly taking place tonight for the media preview (so there will be losts of outlets streaming). The panel itself discusses it in further detail.

With Disney's recent track record....'Probably one CEO and a half dozen or so park GM's away'. ;)
Despite how the turnover may seem, there's actually only been 3 heads of Parks and Resorts during Iger's tenure: Jay Rasulo, Tom Staggs, and Bob Chapek.

Despite how the turnover may seem, there's actually only been 3 heads of Parks and Resorts during Iger's tenure: Jay Rasulo, Tom Staggs, and Bob Chapek.
I was obviously joking.....but....it's certainly was hectic since he had he had Rasulo and Staggs flip flop their jobs , leading to even more turmoil within, and pitting them against one another on the internal Disney political playing field. :)

The secret panel is not being live streamed but the announcement is supposedly taking place tonight for the media preview (so there will be losts of outlets streaming). The panel itself discusses it in further detail.

EDIT nvm I thought the panel was today, but the panel announcement is today lol. Had my wires crossed

Pretty sure we'll be getting at least the names of the ships.

Unlikely that all would be named. Anything launching in the next 5 years hasn't even had a keel laying yet. Outfitting and final design on Triton class 2021 will drive the designs of Triton class 2023. Would calling it Disney Marvel be too on the nose?

I was obviously joking.....but....it's certainly was hectic since he had he had Rasulo and Staggs flip flop their jobs , leading to even more turmoil within, and pitting them against one another on the internal Disney political playing field. :)
Oh I know you were joking, but just wanted to mention that in reality things have been a lot more stable then they may appear. The only reason Staggs left P&R too was because he was supposed to become the CEO.

Does anyone know or are there rumors as to what this secret project is?
There was a rumor that it may have to do with the Cruise Line and Disney’s new land deal in the Caribbean, but it could be literally anything since it says “Walt Disney Company Project” without specifying a division of the company.

There was a rumor that it may have to do with the Cruise Line and Disney’s new land deal in the Caribbean, but it could be literally anything since it says “Walt Disney Company Project” without specifying a division of the company.

It could easily be that. They already have approval and had their town halls about it. There’s no chance they announce a resort there IMO though. Too far away from airport and they’d need buy in and another town hall, which is no guarantee considering the pushback they’ve had with just a cruise port.

I simply don’t see a hotel there.

It could easily be that. They already have approval and had their town halls about it. There’s no chance they announce a resort there IMO though. Too far away from airport and they’d need buy in and another town hall, which is no guarantee considering the pushback they’ve had with just a cruise port.

I simply don’t see a hotel there.
I agree with your assessment of that on the Resort side, but remember WDW used to have the STOLport near MK as an active runway.

I know it's HIGHLY unlikely, but Disney did acquire 700 acres in this land deal (basically 510 after what they're giving back for a National Park). That's a lot of land to play around with so if they DID want a hotel they could make things happen. It's just a matter of do they want to do all of that and I highly doubt they do.